QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Jul 4, 22, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by TisMe View Post
Just FYI as a data point and follow up: I was just denied access to AlMourjan because of this same day / 6am next day rule; i.e. because my flight next day is after 6am, I can’t access the lounge (I can pay for the access though of course). The guys even called some manager to ask for an exception and didn’t work, so it looks like they really follow the rule.

This rule doesn’t make much sense to me honestly. So if I arrive 5am and my next flight is 11pm (so 18 hours later) I can access AlMourjan, but if I arrive 11:59pm and next flight is 6:01am (so 6 hours later) I can’t access it?

I couldn’t pay for AlSafwa lounge access either, because my departing flight is not business.
So you have no oneworld status?
Old Jul 4, 22, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin View Post
So you have no oneworld status?
Not sure about oneworld status (I’m new to frequent flying) but I’m only Silver on Privilege Club.
Old Jul 4, 22, 11:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by TisMe View Post
Just FYI as a data point and follow up: I was just denied access to AlMourjan because of this same day / 6am next day rule; i.e. because my flight next day is after 6am, I can’t access the lounge (I can pay for the access though of course). The guys even called some manager to ask for an exception and didn’t work, so it looks like they really follow the rule.

This rule doesn’t make much sense to me honestly. So if I arrive 5am and my next flight is 11pm (so 18 hours later) I can access AlMourjan, but if I arrive 11:59pm and next flight is 6:01am (so 6 hours later) I can’t access it?

I couldn’t pay for AlSafwa lounge access either, because my departing flight is not business.
I guess in line with the rules.
I would have suggested to leave the lounge by 6am, and offered to pay if you would have stayed beyond 6am.
That might have given them a way to apply the rules and not lose face?

As a QR silver you are OneWorld Ruby, that would not entitle you to AM access but you should have had access to the silver lounge?

Globalist
Old Jul 5, 22, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; United PP, Delta, IHG PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I want to make sure I understand the lounge entry denial correctly.
We have flights in August that arrive into DOH at 5:15pm. [business class, booked with QR, D class, OW Sapphire, AA EXP]
Connection puts us at 7:50am next morning. QR's call on that. Best connection we could get with recent schedule changes. [again business, same PNR, etc., etc.]

So we won't have AM lounge access on arrival in DOH?
We have a room at Onyx booked but I was hoping to have dinner in the lounge before heading to the hotel.

Last edited by aj411; Jul 5, 22 at 6:38 am
Old Jul 5, 22, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by aj411 View Post
I want to make sure I understand the lounge entry denial correctly.
We have flights in August that arrive into DOH at 5:15pm. [business class, booked with QR, D class, OW Sapphire, AA EXP]
Connection puts us at 7:50am next morning. QR's call on that. Best connection we could get with recent schedule changes. [again business, same PNR, etc., etc.]

So we won't have AM lounge access on arrival in DOH?
We have a room at Onyx booked but I was hoping to have dinner in the lounge before heading to the hotel.
Is the departing flight also booked in D?

The denial above seems to be based on the the fact that the departing flight is in Y. Per one world rules, if the Y flight is short haul (under 5) and the arrivals J flight is long haul (over 5 hours) the long haul flight decides. However, as AM is not a Oneworld business class lounge, it seems the lounge access would be for the Silver lounge instead. It was not based on the day of departure rules. I have done a connection like yours plenty of times, never been an issue.
aj411 and TisMe like this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 7:02 am

If you have a QR flight departing DOH that was originally ticketed in a J or F fare bucket that allows lounge entry, you will be allowed in the appropriate lounge (AM or AS) irrespective of the connection length.

I believe it is only if you are hoping to gain lounge access based purely on oneworld status (ie. ticketed in or upgraded from Y for the flight departing from DOH) that the long standing oneworld lounge access rules apply. And as stated above, AM is not a oneworld lounge anyway.

Bear in mind that some business class fares do not include AM access but that is clear at the time of purchase if bought through QR website. R and above are fine (including D)
aj411 likes this.

Last edited by KingCanute; Jul 5, 22 at 7:09 am
Old Jul 5, 22, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; United PP, Delta, IHG PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KingCanute View Post
If you have a QR flight departing DOH that was originally ticketed in a J or F fare bucket that allows lounge entry, you will be allowed in the appropriate lounge (AM or AS) irrespective of the connection length.

I believe it is only if you are hoping to gain lounge access based purely on oneworld status (ie. ticketed in or upgraded from Y for the flight departing from DOH) that the long standing oneworld lounge access rules apply. And as stated above, AM is not a oneworld lounge anyway.

Bear in mind that some business class fares do not include AM access but that is clear at the time of purchase if bought through QR website. R and above are fine (including D)
OK, I missed the part about Y on the previous post.
Yep, we are booked D on all flights for that trip. In the past, we have been D or on FF award in Business the whole trip and never been denied entry so wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a change.
I've been pretty careful not to book that lower fare with no lounge access. LOL

Last edited by aj411; Jul 5, 22 at 8:11 am
Old Jul 5, 22, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NickRivas View Post
hs anyone traveled through here alone and gone to the main restaurant...is it true that if you're alone they'll try to give you a seat at the bar instead of a table? Would they be easygoing if one asks for a table instead?
Have had both experiences in transits March and April. Was asked if I would sit at the bar on first visit as it would be quicker than wait for a table and I agreed. Second visit given a table by the windows.
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
There were no physical seats at the bar when I was there last week.
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
There were no physical seats at the bar when I was there last week.
My experience too....
Old Jul 7, 22, 4:51 pm

Are economy passengers still allowed to purchase lounge access in 2022? I only see options to purchase access to the Oryx lounge online.
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aerosmith12 View Post
Are economy passengers still allowed to purchase lounge access in 2022? I only see options to purchase access to the Oryx lounge online.
Yes, however, during peak periods, online purchase for lounge access to the Al Mourjan is suspended due to lounge being overcrowded.
Old Jul 8, 22, 8:15 am

Oneworld Emerald Access

hi all,
I am flying through doha tomorrow night.
Emerald member flying economy.
I understand the ‘first class’ (emerald) lounge had been closed, and they have been redirecting us to al mourjan.
is this still the case?
I ask this as the new “platinum” (emerald) lounge has been apparently opened. (According to news releases from today)

Have they been opened, can anyone report if the new lounge is any good? Or are they still sending us to AM

Cheers!
Old Jul 8, 22, 8:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Peterbus Ry View Post
hi all,
I am flying through doha tomorrow night.
Emerald member flying economy.
I understand the ‘first class’ (emerald) lounge had been closed, and they have been redirecting us to al mourjan.
is this still the case?
I ask this as the new “platinum” (emerald) lounge has been apparently opened. (According to news releases from today)

Have they been opened, can anyone report if the new lounge is any good? Or are they still sending us to AM

Cheers!
See: HIA Platinum, Gold and Silver Lounges Now Open

They are open, you should have access to the platinum lounge.

Globalist
Old Jul 8, 22, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I look forward to reviews comparing the new Platinum lounge to Al Mourjan.

Search this Thread