Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ffman999
Does someone have the latest lounge menu?
I

can give you the sand which shop menu
the salmon was really good.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...dinning-en.pdf
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
The rosé in the AM lounge tonight is Philipponnat Royale Reserve.

Glad we got here around 10:30, as at midnight they’re turning people away now saying it’s full.

It’s busy, but doesn’t feel to be suffering from it inside.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pythonisman
The rosé in the AM lounge tonight is Philipponnat Royale Reserve.

Glad we got here around 10:30, as at midnight they’re turning people away now saying it’s full.

It’s busy, but doesn’t feel to be suffering from it inside.
The lounge itself or restaurant?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
The lounge itself or restaurant?
The restaurant was busy but not in a bad way, food and drink was very quick to arrive aside from the sushi, which took about 20-30 mins and was not as ordered I think down to simple miscommunication, we weren’t too bothered.

There was a long queue at the bottom of the escalator when we left at 0050hrs as they were turning folk away due to capacity, which is better than doing what some do (looking at you, BA) and let things get overrun.

I’m not sure how long you’d have to queue for a shower though, as we showered at a hotel in Doha due to the long layover/irrops
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The restaurant was busy but not in a bad way, food and drink was very quick to arrive aside from the sushi, which took about 20-30 mins and was not as ordered I think down to simple miscommunication, we weren’t too bothered.

There was a long queue at the bottom of the escalator when we left at 0050hrs as they were turning folk away due to capacity, which is better than doing what some do (looking at you, BA) and let things get overrun.

I’m not sure how long you’d have to queue for a shower though, as we showered at a hotel in Doha due to the long layover/irrops
Were they just turning away those wanting to buy access, and as usual those who think their business light ticket or sapphire status should give them acces? Or also people with access included in their ticket?
Kind of impossible to know, but on any given time in peak, it is quite common to see a certain amount of people sent away.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Were they just turning away those wanting to buy access, and as usual those who think their business light ticket or sapphire status should give them acces? Or also people with access included in their ticket?
Kind of impossible to know, but on any given time in peak, it is quite common to see a certain amount of people sent away.
Hard to say with any authority, there was a queue of about 20 grumpy looking people at the bottom of the escalator as we left and no-one being sent up, but that was only a brief sample. My other half went out to look at duty free and was told the lounge was at capacity (but was allowed back in) a little earlier than that also.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Hard to say with any authority, there was a queue of about 20 grumpy looking people at the bottom of the escalator as we left and no-one being sent up, but that was only a brief sample. My other half went out to look at duty free and was told the lounge was at capacity (but was allowed back in) a little earlier than that also.
It is clearly time to get the status lounge for Emerald members in Y into operation. I noticed that there is a more or less completed lounge at the north node.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is clearly time to get the status lounge for Emerald members in Y into operation. I noticed that there is a more or less completed lounge at the north node.
They really need to get this sorted, and quickly - they've had plenty of time. And AM has been crowded for months.

It's pretty poor, to say the least, if passengers in J are being turned away because the lounge is apparently full.
Tofino87 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Oneworld Emeralds still getting Al Mourjan access? June2022

23JUN AA EXP (OW Emerald) flying AA Y into DOH and then connecting on QR Y.
By the books, I get Oneworld first lounge right? I read a thread that because the Oneworld lounges are closed, travelers get the Al Mourjan lounge?!. Is this still the case right now? Would be a huge upgrade for me during my 5,5hr connection
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henhen
23JUN AA EXP (OW Emerald) flying AA Y into DOH and then connecting on QR Y.
By the books, I get Oneworld first lounge right? I read a thread that because the Oneworld lounges are closed, travelers get the Al Mourjan lounge?!. Is this still the case right now? Would be a huge upgrade for me during my 5,5hr connection
As it stands, yes. The new lounge for Emeralds hasn't opened yet.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
For record.

Currently in AM, flying economy, QR Plat. Warmly welcomed into lounge with no problem, if only this could be everyday 😭.
SullyofDoha and Loungeabout like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I will need to make a telephone call from a quiet area in the lounge.

Where in the lounge is recommended?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Hi all ....Trying this lounge is the highlight of my trip ... wondering if I will have access or need to keep trying to rebook to J to J ?

My ticket is :
JFK Business class DOHA on QR operated flight ------> QR operated flight " Premium Economy " did not even think was a class on QR (voluntary downgrade taken as no J seats available)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I will need to make a telephone call from a quiet area in the lounge.

Where in the lounge is recommended?
I would try either the business center or the kids playroom next door. Both tend to be empty, have doors, and are in a quieter part of the lounge. Although not ideal if it is a sensitive call as people close by will hear you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.