Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
To get back to this with another data point, I also successfully managed to get into the Al-Mourjan lounge on my upgraded ticket with Qcredits - so it seems like in this situation it might definitely be worth it to try..!
Currently debating whether I should take the risk or not as pre pay online is a decent discount… seems like a YMMV situation here!
Romanianflyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:10 am

I was in the lounge a week ago and was very disappointed. Disorganised queue for showers with the staff member being overwhelmed, uncleared tables everywhere, and few available seats. I'm not sure if that is the norm or is it simply the morning bank of flights overwhelming the lounge?
Old May 8, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by goback
I was in the lounge a week ago and was very disappointed. Disorganised queue for showers with the staff member being overwhelmed, uncleared tables everywhere, and few available seats. I'm not sure if that is the norm or is it simply the morning bank of flights overwhelming the lounge?

what time was this at?
Old May 8, 2022, 2:28 pm

First time travelling with QR, will I have some time to experience AM lounge with only 1 hour and 50 min transition? How easy to transit at DOH? Thanks
Old May 9, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DonnyJohn
First time travelling with QR, will I have some time to experience AM lounge with only 1 hour and 50 min transition? How easy to transit at DOH? Thanks
It's super easy to transfer at DOH as the terminal is not super-large and walking from one point to another would not take more than 10 minutes.
In a 1h50min layover, you might not fully enjoy Al Mourjan as the restaurant might be at capacity as well as the dining area at the other end of the lounge as well as there might be a wait for showers and you might feel rushed.

Although you are likely to have time for a 30 min meal at the restaurant but if you have time constraints, I would highly suggest to pick your food from the buffet rather than the menu via the staff as it could take 10-15 minutes for a main course to be cooked and prepared.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's super easy to transfer at DOH as the terminal is not super-large and walking from one point to another would not take more than 10 minutes.
In a 1h50min layover, you might not fully enjoy Al Mourjan as the restaurant might be at capacity as well as the dining area at the other end of the lounge as well as there might be a wait for showers and you might feel rushed.

Although you are likely to have time for a 30 min meal at the restaurant but if you have time constraints, I would highly suggest to pick your food from the buffet rather than the menu via the staff as it could take 10-15 minutes for a main course to be cooked and prepared.
Thanks for the suggestions. I wish I have a bit longer transition time now.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
My only experience with QR has been with AA award tickets and thus I have never had to worry about these new fare class rules..

How do I know if I will have access on CAI-DOH-LAX? ON a rev ticket that actually now gets me into AS since it seems since the reopening one can access even if the F flight was the arrival flight.

I am looking at some really good deal for a one way on CAI-LAX pricing at $1800. I have to imagine this will be in the bare minimum fare class and thus I will have No access to any lounge? How do I know for sure? Will I at least be able to pay for access. I would have around 8 hours so would be nice to at least have AM if not AS.

Thanks
Old May 15, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another data point, Saturday morning arrive in the lounge 0610 depart 0720 local not enough time for a shower (over a one hour wait estimated by the attendant) barely enough time to get in to the upstairs restaurant and have something off the buffet. Almost no water out in the rest of the lounge, operational self service coffee machines lacking. I can live without the food but the lack of a shower anywhere along my recent routes is really hurting.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tinkicker
Another data point, Saturday morning arrive in the lounge 0610 depart 0720 local not enough time for a shower (over a one hour wait estimated by the attendant) barely enough time to get in to the upstairs restaurant and have something off the buffet. Almost no water out in the rest of the lounge, operational self service coffee machines lacking. I can live without the food but the lack of a shower anywhere along my recent routes is really hurting.
Did you just ask about the wait time and leave, or did you wait at the shower desk? From my experience if you wait around the desk, tell the attendant you're going to wait, you're frequently in within 10-15mins. YMMV.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
The situation with showers and restaurant seating is horrible

twice I could neither take a shower or eat. This seems to be pretty common after 630 am

QR has wasted so much space downstairs in the AM lounge, when they should have used that spaced for expanding their restaurant

showers are again a joke when there are so relatively few of them
NoY likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
The situation with showers and restaurant seating is horrible

twice I could neither take a shower or eat. This seems to be pretty common after 630 am

QR has wasted so much space downstairs in the AM lounge, when they should have used that spaced for expanding their restaurant
Was there no space in the deli downstairs? NGL, I find the food in the restaurant pretty average - it's like a sloppy 3* hotel buffet, not enough staff, not a pleasant space. At least in the deli, the (now expanded) sandwich and salad menu has everything freshly made, much faster service including drinks, and never a problem getting a table - fast turnover of tables, so it's never much of a wait even if full. It's also right outside the far end showers, so bonus - if shower is busy get food, or vice versa
NoY likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Did you just ask about the wait time and leave, or did you wait at the shower desk? From my experience if you wait around the desk, tell the attendant you're going to wait, you're frequently in within 10-15mins. YMMV.
was told there are 11 people ahead of you in the queue for shower (and I counted nine hanging about the entrance), estimate an hour. There was a queue to get a bistro table (not sure how long but a couple of groups of people) and a queue of circa 10 mins for the restaurant for a solo traveller.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by kt74
Was there no space in the deli downstairs? NGL, I find the food in the restaurant pretty average - it's like a sloppy 3* hotel buffet, not enough staff, not a pleasant space. At least in the deli, the (now expanded) sandwich and salad menu has everything freshly made, much faster service including drinks, and never a problem getting a table - fast turnover of tables, so it's never much of a wait even if full. It's also right outside the far end showers, so bonus - if shower is busy get food, or vice versa
the deli is not good if you want eggs for breakfast

showers are often full there too
Old May 15, 2022, 5:50 pm

Does anyone know when this lounge upgrade/extension will be completed?
Old May 15, 2022, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I am looking at some really good deal for a one way on CAI-LAX pricing at $1800. I have to imagine this will be in the bare minimum fare class and thus I will have No access to any lounge? How do I know for sure? Will I at least be able to pay for access. I would have around 8 hours so would be nice to at least have AM if not AS.
This is not based on what you might "imagine", but on the rules, which you can look up:
https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepo...eFamilies.html
(click on the Business Class tab)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.