Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard feedback thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Suggested threads for the dashboard:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1821753-q-suite-master-thread.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1822432-cash-upgrades-qr.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1862071-pre-select-dining.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1949704-official-qr-representative-qr-forum.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1949785-j-passengers-can-pay-al-sawfa-access-now-600-qar.html
Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:28 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by remdk
intuition 'Seat plans'!
They are the problem.
1. There are no reliable current seat plans available for the QR versions of the aircraft. Seat plans do not fly so QR ignore them!
2. The A320 has three or four different seat plans, The A321 has two The A330 has four and the A340, it has been suggested, but not documented, has two.

How can we have a seat plan thread with just one of several seat plans being shown? You would 'always' want to use one of those not shown! To show them all would make the thread unwieldy and confusing. On the other hand if you were to talk about seat 10D on an A320 which version are you talking about the one where the Y cabin starts say in row 6, in row 8 or in row 10?

How long these aircraft will remain in the fleet is also a factor.
Personally, I think the A330 existing thread could be split and tidied up (and updated where necessary) to allow the new beginnings of an A330 Seating Thread.

In terms of the A340, it could be done in a similar fashion to that of the 777's (where I wrote the two separate layouts).

For the A320's, I agree it will be challenging.

M
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I thought the A340 is now down to one high density config.

http://www.theqatarsource.com/seatmaps/346/24j348y.html

As I understand it, there is now one A332 config and 2 A333 configs?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:30 am

GTR56 hopefully a single A340 seat plan can be confirmed. As I said I have no documentation for two just hearsay!

The A332s have two different seat types in J and two different seat plans as can be seen in the Wiki on the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ays-fleet.html thread.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, I was primarily referring to the A320.

And my question comes from the dashboard saying "in the near future". I though that perhaps meant something like "as soon as anyone has time to collect the links and update the dashboard". If I read what remdk says correctly, there are no threads ready to be linked and so it won't happen for quite some time?

As for content of a seating thread, I would assume it is possible to present all existing configurations in one thread without making it unwieldy. I am thinking a thread that in the first few posts and/or in a wikipost shows all existing configs with each their own pros and cons. (I'd be happy to structure such a thread if I only knew details of the configs, but I don't have the needed knowledge of QR fleet)

Sure, if discussion arises in the seating thread it will jump back and forth between all the configs and will not be a thread anyone would want to read from start to end. But if data is well presented in wiki, discussion would probably be minimal. I think it would then mostly be posts about additional information, not so much "which seat is best for me" type of questions.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by intuition
Yes, I was primarily referring to the A320.

And my question comes from the dashboard saying "in the near future". I though that perhaps meant something like "as soon as anyone has time to collect the links and update the dashboard". If I read what remdk says correctly, there are no threads ready to be linked and so it won't happen for quite some time?

As for content of a seating thread, I would assume it is possible to present all existing configurations in one thread without making it unwieldy. I am thinking a thread that in the first few posts and/or in a wikipost shows all existing configs with each their own pros and cons. (I'd be happy to structure such a thread if I only knew details of the configs, but I don't have the needed knowledge of QR fleet)

Sure, if discussion arises in the seating thread it will jump back and forth between all the configs and will not be a thread anyone would want to read from start to end. But if data is well presented in wiki, discussion would probably be minimal. I think it would then mostly be posts about additional information, not so much "which seat is best for me" type of questions.
None of the seating threads (except A330) existed until I wrote them up, so I'll aim to do the same for the A320 - I think laziness hit me and I forgot to do it!

M
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I've just noticed that if I try to use the dashboard using the mobile view of the FT forum, clicking on the dashboard icons results in a larger view of the icon, rather than linking through to the Wiki article. I'm not sure that's the intended effect....
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Something is broken... the widget images are not showing for me:

Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Something is broken... the widget images are not showing for me:

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have it fixed by the end of today
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also the business class menu link goes to the 2018 thread
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Apologies for the recent dashboard breakdown. The widgets disappeared into the ether as result of Google’s shutdown of its image hosting service. I’m relieved to say, all has been restored.

Moving forward, I’m inclined to upgrade the dashboard to a revised format that is better suited for mobile browsing. You can see this in place over in the BA forum.

Before I get started, please add any suggested threads you think might be worth adding to the dashboard.

Off the top of my head, here is one suggestion:
J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Edited to add: a few more thread suggestions have been added to the wiki

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 6, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:41 pm

Looks amazing! Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:34 pm

Nudge for Prospero that the icons in the QR dashboard are missing at the moment. When you get a moment....

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The dashboard is still unusable. Any hope?
Thanks Prospero. Actually it is not working with Chrome but does with Explorer

Last edited by brunos; Oct 18, 2020 at 3:01 am
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:04 pm

Forum dashboard appears to be back. As reported over in the BA forum, it's something to do with the ever changing requirements made by browsers to not have mixed HTTP and HTTPS content on a page and Prospero have time to fettle with it and sort out a certificate. Thanks for taking the time out today to fix it.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Bravo Prospero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.