Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your applause for good service thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I don't often give plaudits to QR - the dysfunctional customer service almost (almost!) cancels out the bling-on-the-cheap advantages.

But I left a document wallet in the seat pocket of my DOH CAI flight. No money in it, but expensive and much-loved leather. My stupidity. But Cairo cleaners found it, and i was notified. Sadly, the the logistics of catching up with me in Alexandria defeated its direct return. Still, a few days' later i was able to pick up the item from the desk at Manchester airport.

So, credit where credit is due: well done QR !
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I have been told that comments are added to staff service members. So, when I receive outstanding service by ground or flight crew I email customer service with flight number, date, staff name(s) and what made the interaction(s) outstanding. I also make sure to include my contact numbers and Platinum number (hoping that it might carry some addition weight). I am a big believer in thanking customer service staff to them directly as well as letting management know when they have winners on staff
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:40 am
Suspended

Does that actually work? I always thought that there was no way of giving positive feedback. Guess I'll try that the next time I receive good service.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz
Does that actually work? I always thought that there was no way of giving positive feedback. Guess I'll try that the next time I receive good service.
I was told by a station manager that emails to customer service that mentioned employees by name are put in their respective service files. I have also received emails back from customer service thanking me for taking the time to submit my compliments.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:10 am

I think it is appreciated by any airline and it also makes a huge change for them as everybody likes to complain and few like to applaud! Could you not find a way of emailing the Al Bakker? Take the appreciation to the top - I've done that with BA
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:30 am

In principle, I agree with you. However, I've heard that it is best to not bring staff to the attention of Al Baker... :-/
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:10 am

Yes I believe he isn't Alex Cruz!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
In principle, I agree with you. However, I've heard that it is best to not bring staff to the attention of Al Baker... :-/
Well, yes. Exceptional service may well involve stepping outside the limits of service protocol: much appreciated by the passengers, but not necessarily seen in a completely positive light by those defining the protocol.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
So, Mrs IM & I had J seats on an A380 out of BKK. We then used Qcredits to upgrade to F & were happy bunnies.

Then QR did what they usually do & swapped aircraft, to a B777 with no F in this case. By now an unhappy bunny, I rang the UK Gold helpline who couldn't have been more helpful. They've swapped our BKK-DOH-LHR flights to the evening departure & reinstated our F seats.

Great recovery QR, specifically the lady on the Gold helpline who I talked to & rang me back. This isn't the first time the Gold helpline has done this for me either, keep up the good work!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Entirely our mistake, but plunet+1 discovered after about an hour of disembarking in Doha from QR921 from AKL that we had left something in the seat storage. Very apologietic plunet presents himself to the Lounge front desk with about 45mins before our onward flight to FRA is due to close for boarding - is there any chance to retreive our belongings?

The lounge front desk calls the airport lost and found - confirms our belongings have been found, and having taken a copy of my passport and boarding pass they ask me to wait for 10-15 mins whilst she goes to retreive our stuff. Five minutes later we are reunited with our belongings and we apologise again for the inconvenience - "please don't apologise Sir, that's what we are here for". We would have probably spent part of the next flight contemplating the loss of some inconsequential stuff but through the efficiency of the airline and the airport it was a good outcome.

A really good experience, no fuss, and exceeded all expectations. I will be emailing Customer Services to congratuate them on this and also for sorting out interlining from AKL which looked like it was going to be a nightmare and in the end seemed to be sorted just a day or two before I checked in for my return flight.

Last edited by plunet; Apr 30, 2017 at 6:19 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: AA
I am not sure this was the correct thread but thought I would share my praise of QR following our experience.

Amongst all the problems and criticism including from myself over the last few weeks I managed to fly out to Dbx on Thursday night. On Sat morning I received an emergency call from the UK which meant we had to return home at the earliest opportunity. I contacted QR and requested the availability of a short notice compassionate flight back to Man and without quibble they booked us on a Turkish Airline flight at no extra cost returning the early hours of Sun. We arrived home less than 24 hours of receiving the emergency call. Considering the 72/24 hour rerouting issues I thought to arrange a flight so quickly was excellent service from QR. Thank you QR for the efficient service getting us back home at this sad time. I would also like to thank and recommend the Karim and staff at Jannah Burj Al Sarab hotel in Abu Dahbi for looking after us and being so considerate during this time.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Steviewire Really nice to hear QR Customer services being so flexible and helpful. I'd almost say with all these stories since the crisis that somehow customer service have turned their game around... is that even possible!!!?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:45 pm

theox is that not what I have been 'preaching' the last year or so?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Remdk That QR have turned their customer service game around?? - honestly up until this crisis I still didn't think they had - certainly not through my experience with them! But they seem to be performing like Churchill - great in a time of crisis!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:43 am

theox yes it took this crisis to finally turn CS around. But the efforts of many individuals in CS have been there and some of us have noticed and tried to encourage those small steps which has now become a great leap!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.