FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Boeing 777-300ER: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by oliver_dvs
I did SYD-DOH on the 77W a few months ago. Personally I find the seat pretty uncomfortable. I'm 194cm tall and the seat is too narrow/short for me. Also, I find the seat can't really support the weight of my legs so it struggled to maintain a 180 degree flat bed throughout the flight. I guess it depends on your physique.
It seems like you never tried QR A333 and A332... B777 J seat is far more superior... If it doesn’t appear as flat as you wish, just put your carry on under the feet rest and it will ;-)
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:36 pm

Bumping this one, any suggestions on the best QSuite seats for a couple? Obviously the double bed is an option for us, but would anyone suggest that taking two singles would be better? Or, what is the best aisle to be in to maximize privacy?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Just wanted to add a mini review for the extra legroom seats. I flew on a Q suites 777-300ER (first row was 16) and sat in 37D one way and 19D the other. These seats do not have a seat in front of them. They really aren’t misaligned much, the seats in the row in front are in front of the EFG seats.

Overall I would recommend this seat for tall people but for everyone else I am not sure if the extra legroom was worth the downsides. Main issues for me were 1. zero storage. No seatback pocket, nowhere to keep anything. I ended up holding things in my lap or keeping them in my seat limiting the already tight width. 2. The USB port and headphone jack are in the armrest which is not ideal with the tight width. My splitter ended up breaking while I was sleeping. 3. The reading light is in the armrest and I pressed it accidentally over a dozen times (I will admit I find it hard to sit still). 4. The seat is very exposed to the aisle which wasn’t an issue on my first flight but on the second flight I had my feet stepped on more than once.

I also sat in the exit row (36C) for another flight on the same aircraft and preferred this even thought it was next to the toilets.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:48 pm

Hi, I'm going to fly on the 777-300ER with QSuite configuration later this year and want to know if the "limited reclined" seats such as 22 and 34 are ok to get? any idea how much it reclines compare to normal economy ones?

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qa...0ER_Qsuite.php

I saw some pictures of center seats of those rows but don't know how far they recline back on the window seats for those rows.

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:34 am

Flying in Non - QSuite 77W in Business. Currently in 2F, front section is completely full.

Is it worth going back to 6EF or 7EF with the possibility of a quieter cabin or are there disadvantages that would outweigh the disadvantages of being in a full front section? Do they usually run out of menu items for the rear cabin?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:41 am

QR980

Hello there.
This appears to be an overnight flight from DOH to BKK.
I looked at seatguru which suggests this may be a 2-2-2 in business class.
If so, does anyone have an opinion on being able to sleep comfortably in those seats?
How are they in general?
I am potentially flying into DOH in qsuites and changing onto this flight so am a bit troubled about the perceived downgrade.

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Take one of the middle seats, then you have aisle access without anyone climbing over you. They are flat so you should have no issue sleeping
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Aston100
Hello there.
This appears to be an overnight flight from DOH to BKK.
I looked at seatguru which suggests this may be a 2-2-2 in business class.
If so, does anyone have an opinion on being able to sleep comfortably in those seats?
How are they in general?
I am potentially flying into DOH in qsuites and changing onto this flight so am a bit troubled about the perceived downgrade.

Thanks.
Done three sectors [AKL there and back being the first two] in these seats - they're not as swanky as QSuite, but they are very comfortable and pretty damn spacious compared with any all-aisle access design. If you really don't want to hop over/be hopped over then take a middle seat - I prefer a window and had no issues.

EDIT: I'm assuming a 777 here actually, and now I think about it it could be an A340/A330...? I've flown that seat on the A320 and found it fine for day sectors - probably tight for the larger of frame though.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by etiene
Done three sectors [AKL there and back being the first two] in these seats - they're not as swanky as QSuite, but they are very comfortable and pretty damn spacious compared with any all-aisle access design. If you really don't want to hop over/be hopped over then take a middle seat - I prefer a window and had no issues.

EDIT: I'm assuming a 777 here actually, and now I think about it it could be an A340/A330...? I've flown that seat on the A320 and found it fine for day sectors - probably tight for the larger of frame though.
Hi thanks for the reply.
QR980 seems to be a 777-300er
The photos on seatguru give me the impression the interior may be old.
On the other hand, I am intending to be asleep for the bulk of the flight so the decor probably isn't important.
So long as the seats are comfortable and roomy.

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Aston100
Hi thanks for the reply.
QR980 seems to be a 777-300er
The photos on seatguru give me the impression the interior may be old.
On the other hand, I am intending to be asleep for the bulk of the flight so the decor probably isn't important.
So long as the seats are comfortable and roomy.

Thanks.
...and indeed I missed the thread title! They aren't new, but those I flew were in good nick. Definitely both roomy and comfy - no worries there.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Flying in Non - QSuite 77W in Business. Currently in 2F, front section is completely full.

Is it worth going back to 6EF or 7EF with the possibility of a quieter cabin or are there disadvantages that would outweigh the disadvantages of being in a full front section? Do they usually run out of menu items for the rear cabin?
I have been in this part of the cabin several times and often it is less crowded because everyone tends to reserve in the front. No issues with food ever. Only downside: The air condition unit there is extremly loud. Not the engines. The A/C! Some people do not mind. For me it is really stressfull. It is a common issue with the 77W but particularily anoying in that part of the cabin behind doors 2.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Three of us traveling in business class on the old-configuration of B777 (42 seats configuration spread over two cabins). Thanks to the sudden change of aircraft from Qsuites to non-Qsuites, we are now seated at 2AC and 3E. Would prefer to be seated on the same row but this is no longer possible as most of the seats are already taken/pre-assigned to other passengers. According to ExpertFlyer, all seats on row 1 are blocked so I am guessing is possible for me to ask at the check-in counter.
My question is:
Is it worth asking for a change to 1ACE or 1FGH? Read many reviews about the lack of personal storage space on row 1 seats plus the noise due to close proximity to the galley. It is an overnight flight (departure time at 1am+ ) so onboard service would be minimal (I think) as compared to a day time flight.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Travelling out to BLR in Y from LHR. first leg A380 and then 773.

For both legs all the bulkhead seats are greyed out, Is it possible to get these allocated to a OWE (BA Gold)?

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:24 am

stewaran the front row of almost every QR cabin is reserved and is where the basinett seats are normally. Unoccupied seats will normally be released when atirport check-in starts and then are on a first come first served basis.
If you want a front row seat then you need to be at the head of the queue when airport check-in opens. FFP status is not considered.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Thank you, I usually get to LHR 2 hours before, so fingers crossed certainly at the moment the entire plane looks empty (flying in November)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.