Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Boeing 777-300ER: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Both AMS-DOH and DOH-AMS on my upcoming AMS-DOH-CPT have just been switched to the 777, so a handy read to see what to expect.

Thanks to all who contributed
Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:38 pm

Thank you for this information.
On the seat selection map for my flight, it looks like the G seats in rows 27 and 39 do not have seats in front of them while I read above that the D seats have additional legroom.
Do the G seats have a seat in front of them? Where would those seats' entertainment screen be? Are they good seats?
I have 14 and 10 hour flights and really appreciate help in finding a good seat.
Thanks again.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Nani2,

Yes I don't understand why Qatar have labelled the middle three at the front of the each economy cabin 'DEF' when all the evidence suggests they are in front of 'EFG'. From a previous thread about the seats (here) and in my experience, the 'D' seat three rows back in each economy cabin has additional leg room but the IFE and tray table come from the arm rest. The 'EFG' seats on that third row back have a seat in front, with the standard IFE, but it is slightly mis-aligned so your feet and head will be at an angle. See this photo in a random TR I found.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by konagirl2
Nani2,

Yes I don't understand why Qatar have labelled the middle three at the front of the each economy cabin 'DEF' when all the evidence suggests they are in front of 'EFG'. From a previous thread about the seats (here) and in my experience, the 'D' seat three rows back in each economy cabin has additional leg room but the IFE and tray table come from the arm rest. The 'EFG' seats on that third row back have a seat in front, with the standard IFE, but it is slightly mis-aligned so your feet and head will be at an angle. See this photo in a random TR I found.
Thank you so much! I was able to switch from G to D.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:58 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by Nani2
Thank you for this information.
On the seat selection map for my flight, it looks like the G seats in rows 27 and 39 do not have seats in front of them while I read above that the D seats have additional legroom.
Do the G seats have a seat in front of them? Where would those seats' entertainment screen be? Are they good seats?
I have 14 and 10 hour flights and really appreciate help in finding a good seat.
Thanks again.
Like what konagirl2 has said, there's empty space in front of seats 12/27/39D, and EFG is aligned behind the DEF seats on the 3-3-3 layout.

Seat maps on QR ebooking still show the full 3-3-3 layout instead of the actual layout with 3-4-3 in the middle of the plane, make sure you don't end up choosing any of those as they are misaligned - you will find it very difficult to sleep with your legs pointed at an angle.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
One of the flights into and one out of Johannesburg (JNB) have also been changed from the 788 to 777, the latter having a much bigger capacity (see today's Airline Route. We have always preferred the business seats in the 777, so this is good for us. However, we know of others who prefer the 788 Business seats. We travel as a pair and have always appreciated the spaciousness of the business cabin on the 777 and also the space in between the rows. We hope this change implies that there is much more business into and out of Johannesburg and that, hopefully, one day we shall get the A380.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:30 am
zsc

Originally Posted by BlueEgg
One of the flights into and one out of Johannesburg (JNB) have also been changed from the 788 to 777, the latter having a much bigger capacity (see today's Airline Route. We have always preferred the business seats in the 777, so this is good for us. However, we know of others who prefer the 788 Business seats. We travel as a pair and have always appreciated the spaciousness of the business cabin on the 777 and also the space in between the rows. We hope this change implies that there is much more business into and out of Johannesburg and that, hopefully, one day we shall get the A380.
That would be a long, long way away - KUL has been served by mostly B773s and a few A346s for a while now, probably due to the fact that QR very few A380s. They seem to have quite a few A350 orders though, so maybe you might see those in the near future.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Nani2
Thank you so much! I was able to switch from G to D.
Don't want to beat this topic to death but I have about 30 hours 'riding' on this decision

I have switched from G to D on the seat assignment per this thread on rows 12 and 32. See the attachments showing my selection. The Qatar airways rep thought I was crazy going against all common sense. I told her what her system is telling her is incorrect, she pretended not to hear me.

When is your flight? Can you please confirm that this choice is indeed going to work?
Attached Images   
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:26 pm

viven44, yes, your seat selection in 12D and 32D has more legroom. I recently flew to JFK with this B77W configuration. Can confirm there's an empty space in front of those seats.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
viven44, yes, your seat selection in 12D and 32D has more legroom. I recently flew to JFK with this B77W configuration. Can confirm there's an empty space in front of those seats.
Can you confirm if there was WIFI on your flight?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:28 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by QatarA340
Can you confirm if there was WIFI on your flight?
No WiFi on any of the 777's at present.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:39 am
zsc

Thought I should leave this here in case anyone doesn't check the Complete Guide to the QR Fleet wiki thread.

QR operates 2 main configurations, 42J and 24J. Refitted planes add an extra row where they can, while the ones that have yet to be refitted still operate entirely on the 333 configuration. Some routes are still being served by these planes (with the 333 config).

The 333 config can't be found on SeatGuru anymore (here) but all you need to do to figure out where you're seating is to minus one seat from the rows that have 4 seats in the middle.

Hoping for a 333 to serve the KUL-DOH route this Wednesday, in the past week it has been served 5/7 days by those instead of the 343 configurations, fingers crossed!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Gold
Thank you
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:47 pm

I think my initial question was too long. Do these seats have the tray tables or IFE in the armrests? I'm a "Big Boy" and seats with tray table or IFE in armrests are just too narrow for me for this long of a flight.
Thanks

Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:11 am
zsc

Originally Posted by lovefly88
I think my initial question was too long. Do these seats have the tray tables or IFE in the armrests? I'm a "Big Boy" and seats with tray table or IFE in armrests are just too narrow for me for this long of a flight.
Thanks
IFE is in the armrest, bulkhead seat-style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.