Boeing 777-200LR: seating Q&A

Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:29 am

cabin crew rest door on 77L is at door 3L, 77W at 5L

Last edited by jckl; Mar 17, 2018 at 11:35 am
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
‘That route has the horrible old biz class interior...’ better flat bed than the newer 350/380/787 narrow coffin seats.
​​​​​​Better than the Q-'Sweet' coffins as well!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
777 equipment has crew rest over the front section of the plane. Access door and stairs inside are just opposite door 1L. The access door invariably has a push button combination lock on it. I was upstairs once on a CX 77W to see what it looked like. I posted photos on FT, but it was years ago, and I doubt that I would be able to find them now. I know that there is additional crew rest in the back of the plane, but I don't know where. The area over the front passenger cabin is for flight crew, not cabin crew.
Thanks for that! I always wondered where they got to..

(Perhaps best to draw a veil over what you were doing in the crew rest area )
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:56 am

Help! I'm flying solo on the 17 hour AKL route. Available seats are 4J and K. A/B and J/K for the 2nd part of the cabin, as well as the middle seats in row 7.

I'm intending on drinking a good amount so will likely be heading to the toilet a lot(!) - how big an issue is the climbing over someone else's feet? I tend to think I'd be more bothered being woken by someone hitting my legs than occasionally having to do a little jump!

Also is there any consensus on whether the front section or back section is better?

I'm currently leaning towards 4k (I know there is a missing window) - would 06K be better for an undisturbed sleep with no detriment to being in the second cabin?

Also very reassuring to read that the old seat/interior is actually nice to sleep in - was initially disappointed.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: NZ*G
Also interested in any advice here. Front business class cabin versus rear? Currently in 3B but 6E is available. Travelling alone.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ST14
Also interested in any advice here. Front business class cabin versus rear? Currently in 3B but 6E is available. Travelling alone.
When flying alone I always go for the middle seats. In 3B the person next to you will have to climb over you to get to the aisle.
6E is a good choice.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: NZ*G
Thanks, any general thoughts on the front cabin over the rear.
Of course, Expert Flyer provides some advice. As a solo traveller I think I’d always grab the direct access to the aisle but don’t have any experience to trade that off any real or precieved differences between the forward or rear cabins.
PS went with your advice and selected 6E.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I am interested in Row 1 on either DOH-AKL or the return, they are showing as blocked on Expert Flyer. As a OWE am I not able to choose these ?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by ST14
Thanks, any general thoughts on the front cabin over the rear.
Of course, Expert Flyer provides some advice. As a solo traveller I think I’d always grab the direct access to the aisle but don’t have any experience to trade that off any real or precieved differences between the forward or rear cabins.
PS went with your advice and selected 6E.
Pros and cons with both:
Front: pros: food and drinks first, cons: section usually full.
Back: pros: usually less people (if low load there is a good chance to have the seat next to you free), cons: food/drink usually slower, economy passengers pass through cabin during boarding.

If the flight is busy I would choose front. If lower load I would choose rear cabin.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
bulkhead slightly more room to climb over your neighbours foodrest. back business should be served by the second galley crew, so service should be equally fast as in the front. (should is the word here)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
bulkhead slightly more room to climb over your neighbours foodrest. back business should be served by the second galley crew, so service should be equally fast as in the front. (should is the word here)
Yes - you are right about that. Slower service is mainly an issue when sitting at the back of single cabin business class aircraft (e.g. A350).
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:32 pm

The rear cabin always seems a tiny bit quieter to me. It’s smaller and only gets traffic from the galley between the two cabins, while the front sections has galleys and toilets at both ends.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
In case of low load in J and overbooked in Y, rear J cabin might be converted to Y cabin, bumping any J passenger having selected a seat in rear J cabin to any random available seat in front J cabin. That’s why I always choose a seat in front J cabin.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Does anyone know WHY economy has armrests that don't go the whole way up on this aircraft??? Was there any logical reasoning?

Last edited by NZbutterfly; Nov 6, 2018 at 4:16 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Based on:

There is no WiFi on these aircraft.
At least A7-BBE and A7-BBF do have Wifi now, as I am writing this from on board GRU-DOH route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.