FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A350: seating Q&A

Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by island82
Thanks guys!

Just checked the seats again today, and what do you know, more seats are suddenly available in the front J cabin! Now I have choices of 2K, 4A/K and 5A/K, where previously they were not available.

I believe 7A/K also does not have the side storage due to air vent location.
Correct, 7 A/K don't have the side storage - but you do get a little upper cupboard on the bulkead instead. In addition, there is another, large cupboard below that which says 'crew use only' - but I've never seen them use it and have always put my own stuff in there too, and that being the case you actually get more total storage than all the other seats.

I've mentioned before, I actually like the 7 seats - asides from the temporary, minor inconvenience of everyone boarding past you, it feels quite private to me back there. But - on my next trip in a few days time I've chosen 2A....just for a change
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Kwanger
Correct, 7 A/K don't have the side storage - but you do get a little upper cupboard on the bulkead instead. In addition, there is another, large cupboard below that which says 'crew use only' - but I've never seen them use it and have always put my own stuff in there too, and that being the case you actually get more total storage than all the other seats.

I've mentioned before, I actually like the 7 seats - asides from the temporary, minor inconvenience of everyone boarding past you, it feels quite private to me back there. But - on my next trip in a few days time I've chosen 2A....just for a change
Thanks.
I've alternate the front and rear J cabin on this trip, 4A on the way out and on the return I've picked 7K.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Based on youtube videos and Googlemaps, I see Row 7 have extra cabinet space if you need them.
Is that only the window seats, or also the center seats?

Originally Posted by lcpteck
According to the googlemaps view in the wiki, Row 7 seems to have more storage space than the rest, although it's right at the bar area. The Toilet is actually right behind row 6 so shouldn't be an issue.
Where can you see the extra storage space in the Google Maps view?

How much noise/awareness does being right at the bar area cause? In the Google Maps view it seems very close. Is that a self-service bar?

The two lavatories behind 6 look smaller than the single forward one. Is that right?

Trying to decide between center seats in row 2 and row 7 for a couple.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by anabolism
How much noise/awareness does being right at the bar area cause? In the Google Maps view it seems very close. Is that a self-service bar?
Calling it a bar is generous. It's a small area where people can stand and chat. Cabin crew lays out some fruit and occasionally candy (Godiva chocolates). Sometimes they'll leave a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with glasses on a tray; but no way is it a bar, lounge, or anything similar. Contrast with the bar/lounge area in the 380. For the most part, people don't congregate there to chat except when waiting for a lavatory.

I wouldn't take either. I'd look at row 8.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Sep 28, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: WP
Is that only the window seats, or also the center seats?

Where can you see the extra storage space in the Google Maps view?

The two lavatories behind 6 look smaller than the single forward one. Is that right?

Only window seats has the extra storage, marked "For crew use only" although during my flight it wasn't used.

So for 3 legs I had the a350, one leg on the rear J, I didnt notice much disturbance from the bar area, I was probably the only passengers standing there to stretch my legs. Most passengers stayed on their seats.

I prefer the rear lav than the front, although you have to be conscious of the passengers in row 6, if you have a number 2... Maybe it is just me!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
ignore this post
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Last week I sat on seat 27K on DOH-ZRH. It was a pretty good flight, because the seats in my row all have stayed empty.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Row 3, 4 or 7 for side seats, 1 and 2 isn't available. help!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: LH HON
No bassinet in J at all?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chitink
Row 3, 4 or 7 for side seats, 1 and 2 isn't available. help!
Depends on personal preference, I think. There are no bad seats on the A350 (unlike the 787 where 6E & 6F are to be avoided at all costs!).

Personally, I like being in the front cabin as it avoids all of economy boarding past your seat, which therefore rules out row 7. I know some people prefer the smaller rear cabin as there are less seats in it and it can be quieter. My favourite seats are row 2, after which I would take 3, 4, 5 in that order (being as close to the front as possible on the A350 speeds up service in my experience). Unlike the 787 there is no extra space in row 1, so don't see why people are so keen to secure row 1 on an A350 when it just means you'll be exposed to noise / light from the galley for the whole flight. Take row 3 in my opinion, but row 4 are also very good seats.
kaffir76 and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Hi everyone.. needed a seat suggestion for 2 cases:

My wife travelling with an in-arm infant (1.5 years old, very active but well behaved) - the cabin is wide open except for row 1. Which seat should I pick for her?
On return I'll be joining her - so two of us and our boy.

Currently I've booked 4K for both of us when travelling solo, and 4E/F on the return. Is it s wise choice or should I select 2K and 2E/F?

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:19 am

Can I just check whether the A350 seats are Q suites or not? I read that these aircraft were among the first to get them.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by charms81
Hi everyone.. needed a seat suggestion for 2 cases:

My wife travelling with an in-arm infant (1.5 years old, very active but well behaved) - the cabin is wide open except for row 1. Which seat should I pick for her?
On return I'll be joining her - so two of us and our boy.

Currently I've booked 4K for both of us when travelling solo, and 4E/F on the return. Is it s wise choice or should I select 2K and 2E/F?

Thanks!
Jut give a call to QR and ask for row 1 seats : they are blocked for the purpose of being allocated to people traveling with an infants requiring a bassinet.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Will this thread be updated to include the new A350-1000 seat maps ? I am curious to wear the best window seat to sit at.in business or back of the bus. Unless I missed some other thread ?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:27 am

Hello FTers…

Out of the US, a lot of QR award availability. What would you chose? A350 without Qsuites or a bird with a Qsuites configuration? Is the onboard service essentially the same? I am torn between trying an A350, which I have never flown before, or Qsuites which have fantastic reviews.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.