FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A350: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
The overhead bins are not dedicated for A/K passengers, you will find plenty of space for your bags.
I concur, the side bins are large and there was loads of space for all passengers belongings. Always makes me smile when you see a reference to the bin space above your seat being 'personal' - it's a shared resource!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/7.0MM
Crossed Fingers

Thanks much for the information, We will try to carry on our bags.

The reason for my concern is looking at the 359 page on the Qatar website I see:

"Wider personal space, with stowage for up to two roller bags in supersized overhead bins"

Which gave me concern as a single aisle 737 will often take 3 bags of reasonable size end-on. I find it not at all unusual for a pax to bring on a rollaboard (often placed sideways as it is too tall for wheels-first), a wheeled "laptop case" plus other stuff like the pillows and blankets which could eat up a 2 bag bin (and don't get me started on "bunch o' big bags Betty" who boarded right behind us on DOH-LAX).

Any idea why Airbus chose to not put bins in the middle? Upper ceiling panels too close to fuselage crown?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by skydiver
Thanks much for the information, We will try to carry on our bags.

The reason for my concern is looking at the 359 page on the Qatar website I see:

"Wider personal space, with stowage for up to two roller bags in supersized overhead bins"

Which gave me concern as a single aisle 737 will often take 3 bags of reasonable size end-on. I find it not at all unusual for a pax to bring on a rollaboard (often placed sideways as it is too tall for wheels-first), a wheeled "laptop case" plus other stuff like the pillows and blankets which could eat up a 2 bag bin (and don't get me started on "bunch o' big bags Betty" who boarded right behind us on DOH-LAX).

Any idea why Airbus chose to not put bins in the middle? Upper ceiling panels too close to fuselage crown?
It is a carrier option. And a wide body o/h locker is somewhat bigger than a 737.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:18 pm

Just a note: I was sitting in 9A DOH-BOS and there were kids from the Y bulkhead seats running through and disturbing me. It was fun and games at first but it didn't stop. I woke up a few times from the kids hitting me and grabbing me, as well as them screaming when the flight attendant shooed them away. Changed my seat on the return to row 4.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
We shall be flying DOG-MAD return in May and June, 2017 in Business class. The plane is a 359. Can anyone explain why the configuration is 2-2-2 and not 1-2-1?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:09 am

BlueEgg in order to ease the problems with lack of aircraft QR are short term leasing 4 A350's from LATAM. They are to be employed on the MUC and MAD routes. Seating is 2-2-2 in the J cabin. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-2017-a-9.html for details.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
We are much indebted to you, remdk, for the explanation. Did you know that both the local QR agent and the one at Doha helpdesk are unable to help elucidate the situation? By the way, would anyone know if Wifi is available on these LATAM 359s?
Old May 3, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Hello, I have a DOH-JFK in J flight coming up, its my first time in A350 so selecting seats. I prefer to observe the cabin from 6K. Question: are the windows blocked in 6 K as they are in the 787 in seat 5 K (in J ofcoarse)? I had 5k on CMN - DOH recently and the blocked window was a bit irritating.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
are the windows blocked in 6 K as they are in the 787 in seat 5 K (in J ofcoarse)? I had 5k on CMN - DOH recently and the blocked window was a bit irritating.
No. All C seats in the A350 should have a pair of windows. You can check out the A350 cabin by googling "A5 Doha" on Google maps. Qatar has put online some sort of Streetview for the A350, A380, 777 and 787.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:49 am

Finally pulled the trigger and bought J class on the a350.

Got some questions regarding the seats, I'm initiatlly going for 7A/K because it's a bulkhead but I heard it has less privacy, being more open to the isle. Is this true?

I'm also a bit worried about the noise coming from Y class. Does the curtain helps a lot? Should I just move to the front part of the cabin?

it's my first time flying J and I'm trying to put all the chances on my side to have the best possible experience. I won't be flying J again for some time

Btw this forum has been a joy to browse through, thanks a lot for all the help.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
7A/K are my preferred seat on the 350. Its got an additional small cupboard, and I feel the bulkhead position gives it a little bit more of a feeling of space. I also find that part of the cabin gives a slightly smaller feel than more forward. Its far enough away from Y not to be a bother, and also far enough away from the bathrooms behind 6. Theoretically, people could gather at the entryway/'bar' area, but I've rarely seen anyone hovering there for too long, just to help themselves to a drink or stretch their legs.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
All seats on the A359 I thing are amazing. I sat on 7A once and would try not to do it again, if I planned on boarding very early because about 150 passengers walk past you for about 30 mins when boarding which I find less relaxing than sitting in the front part of the J cabin which I find a lot more peaceful during boarding.
noneemac likes this.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Dschaimz
All seats on the A359 I thing are amazing. I sat on 7A once and would try not to do it again, if I planned on boarding very early because about 150 passengers walk past you for about 30 mins when boarding which I find less relaxing than sitting in the front part of the J cabin which I find a lot more peaceful during boarding.
That's exactly my view on that. Board, turn left, enjoy and leave the herd behind.
noneemac likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:42 am

A350 Seat Configuration Business

Hi all

First time posting here but a bit of a confused passenger!

We are flying MAD-DOH on an A350-900 in a weeks time on Business Class. When I go to make the seat selection, the configuration is 2-2-2. We also have another two legs on an A350-900 in Business....SIN-DOH and DOH-MAD. The strange this is that the SIN-DOH is showing up as 1-2-1 configuration for Business and its the same plane, an A350-900. Can anyone explain this?

Also, any recommendations of good seats or ones to avoid on these A350-900 flights?

Many thanks
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:51 am

this is 350 leased from LATAM
if qatar` s 350 the seat is 1-2-1

I heard the seat of business class 350 from LATAM is comfort than qatar 350

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.