What is "R" Class ?

Old Nov 3, 16, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
All revenue QR flights earn TPs and Avios if crediting to BAEC. It does happen sometimes that some flights in a booking - normally the outbound flights in my case - do not credit correctly and filling in the online claim form normally straightens this out in time.
Old Nov 3, 16, 6:42 am

icebird if your documents show fare basis then the first letter is the ticketing class.
Old Nov 3, 16, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Thank you Steve and remdk. The travel agent's confirmation doesn't show the fare basis. I've submitted a missing avios request to BA and will see what happens.
Old Nov 3, 16, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by icebird View Post
Thank you Steve and remdk. The travel agent's confirmation doesn't show the fare basis. I've submitted a missing avios request to BA and will see what happens.
You eTicket should show the fare basis, but it does not really matters.

It just happened to me that half my QR flights on a return ticket were not credited although my BAEC number showed on ticket and BP.

I filed a claim online and it was rejected a week later.

I then called BAEC and they guessed that QR might have rejected the claim because some of the flights had been already credited. She said she would submit again. The next day, the flights got credited.
Old Aug 26, 17, 9:51 am

know this is old but...

can confirm BA credits avios. They don't show up on their own but if you go on site and request missing avios, they are posted in 24 hours.
Old Aug 26, 17, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swishflyer View Post
can confirm BA credits avios. They don't show up on their own but if you go on site and request missing avios, they are posted in 24 hours.
R class has always credited automatically for me, maybe you were just unlucky?
Old Aug 27, 17, 6:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
I have booked R class tickets before and credited them to BAEC without a problem.
Old Aug 27, 17, 4:05 pm

R class does qualify for for TP

Just recently booked on Business R without realising so did some research as a BAEC Member 285 short of Gold and need the tier points. According to the BA site QR link says that R attracts 140 TP (LHR - DOH) and 125% AVIOS.
Old Aug 27, 17, 4:17 pm

TelemarkHero welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

You will receive BA miles etc for your flight in ticket class R. There is no need to worry. The reason for this thread is that BA did not immediately recognise the 'new' QR ticket class and thus did not award miles etc. This was rapidly corrected and everythin is now in order.
Old Aug 28, 17, 12:38 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
There was some early confusion on R, as partners had not yet updated their earnings charts, but were still crediting. It isn't an issue anymore.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: