Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Migrating to Privilege Club from BA Exec Gold

Migrating to Privilege Club from BA Exec Gold

Old Mar 21, 16, 10:06 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Thanks

Thanks, Matt4. That's great advice.
Old Mar 23, 16, 9:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum, QF Nobody, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
I've flown a couple of times out of LHR on redemption bookings in J on the a380. I've also upgraded using Qcredits from J to F twice from LHR - once in advance and once at the airport. Later this year I have another LHR - DOH redemption booking, plus another to KGL and from CPT to LHR.

IMO redemption is pretty easy - of course the more popular routes need to be booked further in advance, however even checking LHR - DOH 3 months out from today from there's availability in J. The popular routes on BA (e.g. LHR - LAX) seem to be booked out on the day they are released around 1 year ahead.

Hope that helps! I'm UK based and as OWE I get all the same benefits in terms of lounge access (GGL excepted) and fast track as BAEC. But my redemptions are always east or south, therefore QR works well for me.
Old Feb 22, 17, 5:56 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I am QFF G and travelling on qatar J soon. I dont get many status credits flying Qatar (80 sc SYD DOH and 30 SC DOH GVA) wondering if I should credit to qatar while these bonus points are happening? I also want to upgrade to F on the SYD doH leg how many points would I need as I may be able to move pts from SPG.
Old Feb 22, 17, 9:05 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Originally Posted by aussielori View Post
I am QFF G and travelling on qatar J soon. I dont get many status credits flying Qatar (80 sc SYD DOH and 30 SC DOH GVA) wondering if I should credit to qatar while these bonus points are happening? I also want to upgrade to F on the SYD doH leg how many points would I need as I may be able to move pts from SPG.
Business (C, D, I, J, R) to first is 35 Qcredits / 50,000 miles. I don't think you can transfer SPG to Qatar (but I could be wrong). Personally I would recommend you stick with QFF. I switched from BAEC to QPC for a bunch of Qatar flights and regretted it. I did, however, mess up registration for the triple points and I had a bad experience with a missed departure so I am a little biased.
Old Feb 22, 17, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Business (C, D, I, J, R) to first is 35 Qcredits / 50,000 miles. I don't think you can transfer SPG to Qatar (but I could be wrong). Personally I would recommend you stick with QFF. I switched from BAEC to QPC for a bunch of Qatar flights and regretted it. I did, however, mess up registration for the triple points and I had a bad experience with a missed departure so I am a little biased.
I think the only reason to switch is if you anticipate a much higher percentage of QR flights than QF flights going forward. I'm in the process of switching from BAEC to QRPC and do find QR's customer service on the ground a little bit worrying, to be honest.

Having said that, with all the bonus offers currently available and the fact that I just don't see myself taking BA long-haul flights going forward it doesn't make sense to stick around with BAEC. Alongside QCredits, moving up the QR upgrade queue for F and better IRROPS treatment vs. a generic OWE is the main other benefit I see.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: