Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Peachy6
I heard from them if you use paypal you don't need nor will you be asked to verify your payment. Also seriously QR ... is that unsecured email that you want me to send my CC statement and passport copy haha.
Aeromexico did the same thing to me. Long story they screwed up my ticket and I had to buy a ticket and theyd reimburse me. It actually happened (through dogged persistence and front-end planning on my part), and at the final step they asked me to send them a pic of my CC and ID for confirmation by replying to that email. I asked for a secure website to submit it to and was told the process was to email it. So I sent an encrypted, password-protected PDF and it was stripped from their system. After several days of debate I tried to send the PDF again and it went through that time. Airlines seem to have no issue asking for your most personal details over insecure means.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: DL MM
Routing not showing on QR website, but available on several OTA sites (Matrix 3.0, Google flights, Expedia, and Kayak).

Within the last few days the QR website is not showing any available flights from Denver to Kiev, via Doha. When I enter Kiev as the destination (KBP), the site says "No city matching for your request". QR is still serving KBP on the dates I entered (9 July outbound and 25 July return), and I can select a multi-city itinerary (DEN-DOH-KBP), but not a round trip. I have booked this routing as a round trip on QR in the past with no problems.

I can understand if QR doesn't want to offer the routing, but it still is available on many OTA sites.

Is this an IT glitch or has QR decided to not offer this routing?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DENMILLIONMILER
Routing not showing on QR website, but available on several OTA sites (Matrix 3.0, Google flights, Expedia, and Kayak).

Within the last few days the QR website is not showing any available flights from Denver to Kiev, via Doha. When I enter Kiev as the destination (KBP), the site says "No city matching for your request". QR is still serving KBP on the dates I entered (9 July outbound and 25 July return), and I can select a multi-city itinerary (DEN-DOH-KBP), but not a round trip. I have booked this routing as a round trip on QR in the past with no problems.

I can understand if QR doesn't want to offer the routing, but it still is available on many OTA sites.

Is this an IT glitch or has QR decided to not offer this routing?
probably the amount of passengers travelling from DEN into KBP is not justifying updating the fares in the system.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
For reference regarding the sign I complained about upthread, here's the sign itself, photographed on February 14th:

Originally Posted by jah718
I always use the Business/First immigration and security when departing from DOH in economy. Haven't had any issues or questions so far. And yes, that sign does exist and has been there at least 6 months, so no excuses from the staff that it is a new rule. Using the Biz line really does reduce the time as the immigration lines at DOH can be significant. I wish QR would just clarify what you get as a QR Gold/Plat.
In a near-perfect recreation of my past bad experience, I arrived at the entrance to the QR Platinum line at economy check-in at Zone 4 and it was cordoned off, and an agent told me to enter through the Silver/Gold line. I told him to just open up the elastic rope and he said "it's closed, I can't open it." I looked at him incredulously and said that my colleague and I were Platinum member and he walked up to us and then said that they need to do a 'documents check' which is only available at the Silver/Gold line. I then pushed past him and walked up to the counter anyway, only for him to follow and say he'll do the documents check on the spot... which is just opening up your passport to see if it's really you and asking you where you're flying to.

After checking in and getting my boarding pass, I asked about the sign above and spoke to a supervisor who then said, at first, that the sign was to allow Plats to use the dedicated check-in desk. I looked at him and said that the sign clearly mentions the "immigration lane" and not "check-in". He doubles back from his blatant lie and says yes, you can use the immigration lane but it really depends on the immigration officials and if they want to process economy Plats or not... then walks off, comes back a minute later and tells my colleague and I that we are allowed to go to the Business Class immigration and be processed.

We go there and true to form, get turned away for holding economy class tickets. The agent at the first counter says that, once again, disallowing Plats is a new rule so I flag down a cop, explain everything to him, he goes to one of the women at the immigration counter [for reference: one other passenger was being processed so the place is totally empty], and she tells him to tell us to go to the regular lane. I give up.

I go back to the check-in zone and talk to the supervisor again, and he was apologetic and says that they frequently deal with this inconvenience with passengers and that even though the sign is up, passengers are always subjected to the mercy of the immigration agents and if they choose to process economy Plats or not.

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Just curious, -- how many people were in the regular line at the time?
It wasn't so much a matter of how many people were in the regular lane so much as it is a total lack of coordination on QR's/Hamad Airport's part. If QR tells you that you as a Plat can use the fast track lane, then you should be able to use it regardless. After returning to the main lane on the fourteenth, the area was fairly packed but we stood through it anyway.

Originally Posted by Julien_O
This sign does not exist for transfer passengers right? I mean gold / plat can't use the business line when transferring via DOH between 2 Qatar airways economy flights?

Not that economy line is taking long (never waited more than 3minutes), but more for my general knowledge. Looked sometime but never seen anything related to privileged members.

Julien
Nope, the offending sign is at check-in on the outside.

In any case, I officially give up - HIA is a total sh_tshow and QR clearly doesn't give a crap. Short of being stellar in the air, anything else is a disaster.

khabah
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
QR specifically do not offer promotional or miles upgrades from J to F on the DOH - LHR route, so you will have been quoted the price for reticketing from J to F, which is always higher than email or on departure upgrade offers.

I'm not sure what else you might have needed as amenities on board, I usually find that pretty much everything is available either in the kit, with the pyjamas or in the F bathrooms. It would be interesting to hear what else might be suitable or required.
Why would you need Armani aftershave balm? I still have 8 of them LOL
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:01 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Sent a PM to @goingplacestogether on Tuesday evening, requesting urgent assistance - its now Thursday morning - no reply or acknowledgement - why am I surprised?
Come on, if you are going to have a social media/lurker type presence, then deliver on it please!@:-) Sigh.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NoY
Sent a PM to @goingplacestogether on Tuesday evening, requesting urgent assistance - its now Thursday morning - no reply or acknowledgement - why am I surprised?

Come on, if you are going to have a social media/lurker type presence, then deliver on it please!@:-) Sigh.
Have you tried calling the QRPC PLT desk? They've always helped me on the few occasions that I've called with a problem.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by NoY
At no point has the user said that they are here to resolve individual customer service requests.

They are on FT to monitor and engage where possible, but they don't have an employee who simply sits on FT and exists to resolve our problems - that's what the call centre is for.

BA (for example) have exactly the same setup on FT, and rarely post - however, when there is something exceptionally urgent and important to all customers, they appear.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 14, 2019 at 2:00 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:56 am
NoY

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
At no point has the user said that they are here to resolve individual customer service requests.

They are on FT to monitor and engage where possible, but they don't have an employee who simply sits on FT and exists to resolve our problems - that's what the call centre is for.

BA (for example) have exactly the same setup on FT, and rarely post - however, when there is something exceptionally urgent and important to all customers, they appear.

M
Exactly the response I expected.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:57 am
NoY

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Have you tried calling the QRPC PLT desk? They've always helped me on the few occasions that I've called with a problem.
Thank you, yes I have.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Since about one week i cannot connect to my QRPC account with Qatar Airways android app, and as of today also impossible from Qatar Airways mobile website.

Am i the only one with this issue ?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Since about one week i cannot connect to my QRPC account with Qatar Airways android app, and as of today also impossible from Qatar Airways mobile website.

Am i the only one with this issue ?
Yes. I've haven't been able to connect to my account with the French website for weeks and just checked it doesn't work too with the French mobile website. Just switch to the international/English version and it works..
Alfredbali likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: QR Plat
"- No sir, I cannot use those flights, I can only use segments that the system gives me. This is totally impossible."
"- So you cannot use flight QRxxx and QRxxx even if that makes for a long layover?"
"- Unpossible."
"- What if I say I would like to use QR's offer of a "Doha stopover", your offer says the minimum stopover is 12 hours, then what?"
"- *sigh* then you can have the flights you wanted."

From a random recent interaction. Some of this stuff can't be made up.
NoY, GalaxyChris and Unionruler like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:26 am
NoY

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
"- No sir, I cannot use those flights, I can only use segments that the system gives me. This is totally impossible."
"- So you cannot use flight QRxxx and QRxxx even if that makes for a long layover?"
"- Unpossible."
"- What if I say I would like to use QR's offer of a "Doha stopover", your offer says the minimum stopover is 12 hours, then what?"
"- *sigh* then you can have the flights you wanted."

From a random recent interaction. Some of this stuff can't be made up.
You have my total my sympathy! The Customer "Service" at QR is, for the most part, a total disaster, although I suspect that there are some (cough) around these parts that will find some way of explaining/defending this when its so blatantly indefensible. LOL.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I am frankly amazed this thread is only 63 pages long !!
NoY and Traveller999 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.