Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I’m trying to get my head round the exchange rate: GBP1 = IDR18,700(!)

That’s an awful lot of zeroes to deal with.
i felt the same .. when i took an uber for the 1st time visiting Bali ... IDR 11000 for a 5 minute ride ... go to see it was less than a $1 ...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:42 pm

A friend who worked in the financial area of our "State Department" (Department of Foreign Affairs) had some fun helping the Embassy staff in Zimbabwe.... the number of zeros exceeded the capacity of their software....
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Additionally, regarding using Google Flights / ITA Matrix, take the results with a grain of salt until you see the fares for yourself on the Airline/OTA's website. Google sometimes shows phantom fare availability or fares that are not bookable (at least for most people).

This is true to many airlines.

I thought I found a good ~Ł25 fare on Air Seychelles on a domestic flight the other day, turns out it was for Seychelles residents only, and found that the real fare was ~Ł100 for a 15 minute flight.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
I am now officially disgusted with QR Privilege Club

Eroding perks - Unresponsive 'service' providers - Everything automated with zero logic - Bad bad bad altogether

The straws that broke my back was this morning's attempt to upgrade the Amsterdam to Doha segment of my KTM -DOH; DOH-AMS; AMS-DOH; DOH-KTM itinerary of my economy fare ticket.

After checking multiple times this entire week, finally the Kathmandu to Doha upgrade box became visible yesterday morning, and I immediately grabbed it with with 24 QCredits.

I put my alarm on for 3AM this morning ... and hallelujah ... I could grab the return Doha to Kathmandu for another 24 QCredits

At 10Am I checked and hurrah: the Amsterdam to Doha little upgrade box was there and I clicked on it to pay for this with 25 000 QMiles.
But... I get the most stupid, ridiculous and asinine error message that "Partial flight selection is not possible for upgrade. Select both flights."

Well, of course!!!!! I could not select both flights because DOH to KTM had already been selected earlier today and was successfully upgraded, and I could no longer select that segment.

I tried everything to 'un-upgrade' that sector and of course there is no way to do that on-line and requesting QRPC to do this will take days and you lose the QCredits.

I checked again tonight and the upgrade option for the one that was there this morning is no longer there.
Au revoir QR. You suck!

Last edited by OnePassenger; Jun 22, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I would highly consider what most have done or are in the process of doing and switching to BA Exec Club FFP. Okay fine you lose some perks, but you clearly aren’t able to use those perks with QR’s own program anyway.
NoY, spec119 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I would highly consider what most have done or are in the process of doing and switching to BA Exec Club FFP. Okay fine you lose some perks, but you clearly aren’t able to use those perks with QR’s own program anyway.
do i loose my emerald services when flying OW carrier without putting QR ff number to my ticket ?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sluneckov
do i loose my emerald services when flying OW carrier without putting QR ff number to my ticket ?
You can choose seats etc with your OWE and then credit to another account. Lounge access with your card will still be possible. I am planning that after I requalify as QR plat one more time.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
Eroding perks - Unresponsive 'service' providers - Everything automated with zero logic - Bad bad bad altogether

The straws that broke my back was this morning's attempt to upgrade the Amsterdam to Doha segment of my KTM -DOH; DOH-AMS; AMS-DOH; DOH-KTM itinerary of my economy fare ticket.

After checking multiple times this entire week, finally the Kathmandu to Doha upgrade box became visible yesterday morning, and I immediately grabbed it with with 24 QCredits.

I put my alarm on for 3AM this morning ... and hallelujah ... I could grab the return Doha to Kathmandu for another 24 QCredits

At 10Am I checked and hurrah: the Amsterdam to Doha little upgrade box was there and I clicked on it to pay for this with 25 000 QMiles.
But... I get the most stupid, ridiculous and asinine error message that "Partial flight selection is not possible for upgrade. Select both flights."

Well, of course!!!!! I could not select both flights because DOH to KTM had already been selected earlier today and was successfully upgradeduld, Could no longer select that.

I tried everything to 'un-upgrade' that sector and of course there is no way to do that on-line and requesting QRPC to do this will take days and you lose the QCredits.

I checked again tonight and the upgrade option for the one that was there this morning is no longer there.
Au revoir QR. You suck!
How long in advance (before your flight) your upgrade was available ?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Try upgrading at the airport with qmiles. Might even be worth a trial to go to the airport in advance around normal C/I time of QRs flights. (thats how I "prereserved" row 1 seats)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Is there an upgrade desk outside security? So not at the inside area with the bear. OUTSIDE!
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
Is there an upgrade desk outside security? So not at the inside area with the bear. OUTSIDE!
Yes:

FT Link
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:28 am

Qatar Customer Care is awful !!

Qatar customer care [email protected] is awful.

Sent a query regarding transfer hotel booking on the 19th -- had to send daily reminders that I had not received a response -- finally yesterday an answer… not to my question -- but telling mew to contact my local office.

Responded that the local office were the ones that referred me to them in the first place --- at least this time an answer within a few hours -- but again -- question not answered --- but a link to a website where I could "book the room I needed" --- the link does not work ---

Another email to them -- a response with links to lounges --nothing to do with my query.

Are the people responding even trained for what they do???

Email signature indicates the writer is a senior customer care officer --- seriously underwhelmed Qatar Airways -- and we have not even taken off yet.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jun 25, 2018 at 8:36 am Reason: Removal of Personal Information
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
You'll see many comments like this from lots of FT'ers including me.

QR are about as good as an airline gets in J from checkin to baggage collection but their customer service outside this is plain appalling.
Traveller999 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by capin
You'll see many comments like this from lots of FT'ers including me.

QR are about as good as an airline gets in J from checkin to baggage collection but their customer service outside this is plain appalling.
The Upgrade desk people in DOHA are also pleasant.

Outside of back end Customer Service needing some attention the frequency on which the hardware changes is disturbing.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Telephone.

Emails and other messaging system are a terrible way to communicate in most circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.