Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Of course, the refund request confirmation that came up after I submitted the details online has randomly switched from English to French...
They were lost in translation too ;-)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

CEB is indeed ‘quite a fair distance’ from MNL - 350 miles, on a completely different island (of the 7,000+ in the Philippines). It’s usually a one hour flight between the two cities. Your hiking trip would also have involved a lot of swimming.
Doh! A massive Face-palm! I got mixed between CEB and CRK.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
website keeps logging me out due to inactivity when i'm searching for inventory.
it's really annoying. i must have signed in about 20 times in the past few hours. it must have the shortest time period that it allows people to be inactive.
and then in logging back in, it makes me do it twice. too stupid for words.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Fontana

Has anyone accessed PAGSS Lounge at Manila Airport when flying QR? God, what an absolute s**thole. Whoever from QR choose this lounge, really deserves to be fired! Its dark, grim, wifi didn't work properly, poor choice of food & drink. All the seats are bunched up together in order to maximise pax. QR prides itself as a 5* airline, this was just awful. Whilst walking to the gate, I saw few other PAGSS lounges and they seemed in much better state!
I wouldn't be too tough on them, all the T1 MNL lounges can be collectively described as shyte. The others might look different at the front but are the same dreck behind.

On the bright side, at least there are a couple of decent coffee shops downstairs now, although I hesitate to use the word decent when referring to a Starbucks. For many years there was simply nothing, and going to the airport hungry was a rookie error of major proportions!
synd and kaffir76 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:13 am

Rant: It's maddening that they don't cater extra bottles of Evian on LH/ULH flights!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Talking So true!

Lounge across the hall

QF lounge entrance

QF lounge / temp TG lounge

Originally Posted by Fontana
Has anyone accessed PAGSS Lounge at Manila Airport when flying QR? God, what an absolute s**thole. Whoever from QR choose this lounge, really deserves to be fired! Its dark, grim, wifi didn't work properly, poor choice of food & drink. All the seats are bunched up together in order to maximise pax. QR prides itself as a 5* airline, this was just awful. Whilst walking to the gate, I saw few other PAGSS lounges and they seemed in much better state!
I remember feeling the way you did the 1st time I passed thru' MNL T1 a few years ago. I was traveling on TG & they share the same lounge.
It's been discussed on the TG forum as well, mainly by a few travelers & myself

You'll get used to it, or numb yourself to it - as the other (limited) options mentioned by FT'ers are a local cafe or Starbucks in T1 itself.

Originally Posted by Reds2011
I wouldn't be too tough on them, all the T1 MNL lounges can be collectively described as shyte. The others might look different at the front but are the same dreck behind.
On the bright side, at least there are a couple of decent coffee shops downstairs now, although I hesitate to use the word decent when referring to a Starbucks.
For many years there was simply nothing, and going to the airport hungry was a rookie error of major proportions!
Exactly! This is spot on! I don't know what "dreck" means exactly but I can think of a few synonyms, for sure ... LOL
While I was at the TG/QR lounge, I peeked over at the QF lounge next door or the lounge across the hall when I needed to use the restrooms & thought "wow - that looks niceR"!
It actually is not.

Anyway I just passed thru' last week & both TG/QR Lounge & the other PAGSS lounge across that are closed for renovations.
We were directed to the QF lounge next door & it was the same inside w/ almost the same food & furniture ...
How's that for consistency?!?

There'll be some airlines moving to & from T1 later this year as announced by NAIA authorities - I think the terminal is being marked for international flights only.

And because of the notorious MNL traffic, I'd leave the hotel in the morning & skipped b/fast - that was a real rookie mistake!
It didn't happen ever again!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: Some
Just requested a refund for a Qmiles booking given my flight is now in a few weeks and it sounds like I'll be cutting it a bit too close if I leave it any longer from the above reports! Of course, the refund request confirmation that came up after I submitted the details online has randomly switched from English to French...

Also, why QR is unable to design an IT system that automatically fills in the details of the booking you'd like to cancel in the online form when you click through rather than making you do it all manually I have no idea.
10 days now and zero response or even human acknowledgement of my refund request (for a Platinum booking an F ticket)...

I love QR in the air, but QRPC is run by morons.
synd, Yenakad, GalaxyChris and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
10 days now and zero response or even human acknowledgement of my refund request (for a Platinum booking an F ticket)...

I love QR in the air, but QRPC is run by morons.
I submitted my claim on March 27th, contacted them on April 4th after the five business day window they quoted closed, got two different case numbers assigned to me, expressed my frustration on Twitter and never received anything more than "here is a new case number, we are looking into it for you." I finally got a response from them on April 9th with their usual generic/meaningless "we apologize for the inconvenience" apology and a refund of my points.

Bottom line is - however long they tell you they'll get back to you, triple the expected time so you won't get angry. I completely echo your sentiment re QR being absolutely stellar in the air regardless of whether you're in F, J or Y but if you EVER need anything from them behind the scenes, you're in for a hard landing.

khabah
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:21 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Attempted to obtain a replacement membership card through the PC website... only to receive a service request email, and then a reply a few days later telling me to 'print, save, or email your membership card'. Another one of QR's cost-cutting measures?
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by zsc
Attempted to obtain a replacement membership card through the PC website... only to receive a service request email, and then a reply a few days later telling me to 'print, save, or email your membership card'. Another one of QR's cost-cutting measures?

I've had some correspondence regarding membership packs over the last couple of days too. Whilst the benefits of the digital card were pointed out, I was also assured that a physical card would be in its way.

I suspect they may have been using a supplier based in one of the blockading countries which created problems, and then perhaps the card redesign may have led to no new packs being sent out whilst that was being finalised along with a new supply chain. That's just my hunch though.

I've only seen the new card image for platinum, but that looks like it would suit having the text printed on an actual piece of metal. I quite liked the understated black, but shall be interested to see what eventually turns up...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:07 am

Now, due to the change in upgrade process, I am told that T booked in economy saver is not eligible for upgrade despite being told earlier in writing that it can be upgraded. . Have approach the local consumer agency for advice.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:08 am

Can't get Google Flight prices on Qatar Airways website

Hi there,
I am looking to fly business class on Qatar Airways from Jakarta (CGK) to London (LHR), departing on 13 October and returning a week later.
According to google flights, I can get a price of about IDR 31,000,000; departing on QR 959 (09:00 - 13:45), connecting to QR15 (14:55 - 20:25); returning on QR4 (15:05-23:59) , connecting on QR954 (09:15 - 22:15)
But when I use google flights to direct me to the QR website, I get a price closer to IDR40,000,000.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Based upon what others have said on here previously, Google Flights and ITA Matrix don't play nicely with QR availability or pricing. Not entirely sure why but it smells like there is stale or non-live data being presented to third parties.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that ITA doesn't do a good job with QR's married sector availabilities - there are fares around that price, but availability in I/R class ( according to EF) is not there on those specific flights

If you go to the QR site and check premium fares for 13/10 to 20/10 , there is availability at IDR 31,211,000.00 on different flights . Returning on 21st and will be slightly cheaper at IDR 29,319,000.00

Just don't use google flights , but go straight to QR site and you will be fine
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I’m trying to get my head round the exchange rate: GBP1 = IDR18,700(!)

That’s an awful lot of zeroes to deal with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.