SEZ - Seychelles
SKP - Skopje
WDH -Windhoek
Print Wikipost

New Destinations 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I was in SCL the week before - must've just missed you

He was saying it would be non-stop, 18 hours. It would be just shorter than the DOH-AKL route that is scheduled to start in Dec 2016.

IB, AF, KL and QF also fly to SCL. Unfortunately LHR-DOH-SCL would be a bit of a long way around...
Ah, shame!

IB is a the preferred airline for locals heading to Europe (aside from LAN). The AF route is a legacy route, but there is currently no UK route (annoyingly).

I agree LHR-DOH-SCL would be mad, but with TK now permitting flights from LHR-IST-Bogota, I wonder if QR will start allowing for ex-EU flights heading to the USA and South America too.

At present, I believe you can fly from Europe, to the US, but solely from destinations in Eastern Europe.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But with a 777-LR 2-2-2 in J?

I wouldn't have guessed that there is sufficient traffic to/from DOH to support these routes.
DOH-AKL is starting in DEC 2016. The new business class seat on the 777 will appear in DEC 2016 (on a 77W) and be retrofitted on the rest of the 777 starting JAN 2017. So shouldn't be too long with 2-2-2 on DOH-AKL.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
What happened to CEB?

No mention of it in QR's press release. Or doesn't it count as a 'new' destination?
Exactly. All talk of Cebu seems to have disappeared. I imagine QR still wants to go there. But there must be some operational reason holding it back, like a problem with the airport or something.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
WIKI added to this thread.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:07 pm

I just read that the AKL-DOH flight has been pushed back until Feb 2017, but I can still see award flight availability.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airway...uckland-launch

Anyone see anything official from QR on this?
Old May 6, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I just read that the AKL-DOH flight has been pushed back until Feb 2017, but I can still see award flight availability.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airway...uckland-launch

Anyone see anything official from QR on this?
Not yet but I noticed this too, cash fares still available for flights from the 3rd but I don't want to risk booking inaugural flight if it's going to be pushed back several months!
Old May 6, 2016, 7:00 am

Crap, I have AKL-DOH booked in January with AA miles, booked before the devaluation.

If they do cancel it, does anyone think that I have a shot at one of these?

1) Canceling and rebanking the miles without paying the fee. (I hope so!)

2) Booking a route with SYD-DOH (only available in F) using the F price from before the devaluation.

3) Booking a J route on Etihad without paying more miles, even though I don't think I'm supposed to be able to switch OneWorld<->Etihad without triggering the new pricing.

4) Getting J seats on the SYD-JNB leg that I actually want, even though it's not available (the longest of the long shots).
Old May 6, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Considering booking DOH-AKL over Xmas (cash). If the route is delayed, what do you think is likely outcome? Would they reroute via SYD (which I would be happy with) or something else?

Last edited by P.henrik; May 6, 2016 at 8:32 am
Old May 6, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Secret Flying are pushing Germany to AUK flights in J today. Dates go from December through to April, so interesting to head that it has been delayed!

(TXL-AUK-PSA in J for €1,300 booking if interested).
Old May 6, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Secret Flying are pushing Germany to AUK flights in J today. Dates go from December through to April, so interesting to head that it has been delayed!

(TXL-AUK-PSA in J for €1,300 booking if interested).
AUK is in Alaska...which is meant to be lovely.

However, most FTers will probably prefer visiting AKL
Old May 6, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by lasj
Crap, I have AKL-DOH booked in January with AA miles, booked before the devaluation.

If they do cancel it, does anyone think that I have a shot at one of these?

1) Canceling and rebanking the miles without paying the fee. (I hope so!)

2) Booking a route with SYD-DOH (only available in F) using the F price from before the devaluation.

3) Booking a J route on Etihad without paying more miles, even though I don't think I'm supposed to be able to switch OneWorld<->Etihad without triggering the new pricing.

4) Getting J seats on the SYD-JNB leg that I actually want, even though it's not available (the longest of the long shots).
I'm in the same boat. I think #1 or #2 are both possibilities. I've done #2 before in this situation, but that was pre-devaluation.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone figured out how to book open jaw to AKL? Qatar website and OTAs (if they can find it) reprises 2x vs matrix and secret F.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
AUK is in Alaska...which is meant to be lovely.

However, most FTers will probably prefer visiting AKL
Ah! Forgive me!

Then all is well with the world... And there are some good valid fares to NZ!

EDIT: I was right the first time but wrong with the code... The above fare is indeed suspicious between Dec-Feb?.

Last edited by mrvincent; May 6, 2016 at 8:48 am Reason: Going round in circles trying to understand what is cancelled, what is Aukland and when I'm going to Alaska! :S
Old May 7, 2016, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by P.henrik
Anyone figured out how to book open jaw to AKL? Qatar website and OTAs (if they can find it) reprises 2x vs matrix and secret F.
Doesn't take much figuring out: just use the website's "multi-city" button.

As for OTAs, momondo is usually good at sniffing them out.

No idea what you mean by 2x vs matrix or secret F .
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by florens
Skopje, Macedonia is now announced:

4/7 A320 service from July 17th.

Schedule:

Doha (DOH) to Skopje (SKP) QR305 departs 06:50 arrives 11:15
Skopje (SKP) to Doha (DOH) QR306 departs 12:15 arrives 18:15

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...release_skopje
Hopefully some more cheap fares on the way then, especially given the metal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.