FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   New Destinations 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1741684-new-destinations-2016-a.html)

Mr_Ed Feb 1, 16 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 26114164)
arabiamark, msm2000uk - here's another vote for QR to return to CEB with DOH-CEB flights (but preferably not with an A330/340).

Our family flies there quite a lot. Mrs PtF is originally from Cebu; in fact she's there right now, with Miss and Master PtF.

Given the horrors of changing terminals in MNL the current alternatives, based on what QR's website offers, are (in order of preference) either DOH-HKG-CEB (QR/CX), DOH-ICN-CEB (QR/KE) or, usually in the opposite direction, CEB-NRT-DOH (PR/QR). Three BAEC Golds in the family is handy when it comes to HKG first class lounge access. :)

Emirates starts flying to Cebu at the end of March.

Phil the Flyer Feb 1, 16 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Ed (Post 26114286)

Emirates starts flying to Cebu at the end of March.

Really?! I wasn't aware of that - thank you for the information (hurries off to check-out EK's timetable).

QatarA340 Feb 2, 16 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 26115814)
Really?! I wasn't aware of that - thank you for the information (hurries off to check-out EK's timetable).

The CEB flight is not nonstop (its via CLK) (hurries back in to check the QR forums hehe)

Phil the Flyer Feb 2, 16 5:36 am

Originally Posted by QatarA340 (Post 26120025)
The CEB flight is not nonstop (its via CLK) (hurries back in to check the QR forums hehe)

Apparently DXB-CEB outbound, CEB-CLK-DXB inbound; operated by an EK 773 with 2-3-2 60 inch pitch (QR's 773 is 2-2-2 78 inch pitch) business class seating. :eek:

Throw in Avios and Tier Points, cheaper fares, a more relaxed transit (DOH v DXB), outstanding in-flight service, and the winner is - QR!

arabiamark Feb 2, 16 8:48 am

I think the discontinued CEB flight used to have a stop in SIN, didn't it?

Another old route I'd like to see resurrected is Seychelles. But that one probably has too much competition already.

msm2000uk Feb 2, 16 9:11 am

Originally Posted by arabiamark (Post 26120928)
I think the discontinued CEB flight used to have a stop in SIN, didn't it?

Another old route I'd like to see resurrected is Seychelles. But that one probably has too much competition already.

SEZ is surprisingly difficult to reach, so QR would do well to add a flight.

chris19992 Feb 25, 16 9:44 am

Cebu is indeed returning, unfortunately on a Dreamliner until they get more A350's.

This is great news, now hopefully it avoids a stop anywhere and it will be the perfect route for me.

Phil the Flyer Feb 26, 16 4:09 am

Originally Posted by chris19992 (Post 26242221)
Cebu is indeed returning, unfortunately on a Dreamliner until they get more A350's.

This is great news, now hopefully it avoids a stop anywhere and it will be the perfect route for me.

Thanks for the link - wonderful news!

Matt4 Feb 26, 16 7:11 am

In addition to Cebu, Qatar is planning to add at least one more undisclosed destination to its Southeast Asian network in 2016. It has been seeking approval to serve Surabaya, which would be Qatar’s third Indonesian destination, and has also been evaluating Chiang Mai, which would be its third destination in Thailand.

UTP would probably be more profitable...

msm2000uk Feb 26, 16 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 26246356)
Thanks for the link - wonderful news!

Wonderful news for both passengers, and indeed QR crew (a lot of whom are from Cebu and usually have to fly convoluted routes to get home once or twice a year).

Johnnieboy Mar 2, 16 12:22 am

Just looked up from my beer and happened to spot the inaugural QR flight coming in to land at Sydney right over the harbour bridge and opera house. Looks like they were given a special approach! Not sure how many other people noticed mind... ;-)

David_DLI Mar 2, 16 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 26270602)
Just looked up from my beer and happened to spot the inaugural QR flight coming in to land at Sydney right over the harbour bridge and opera house. Looks like they were given a special approach! Not sure how many other people noticed mind... ;-)

Pretty spectacular images on social media, lucky you to be there :)

Facebook

Twitter

Johnnieboy Mar 2, 16 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by David_DLI (Post 26271653)

Facebook

Twitter

Wow, those do look spectacular. Thanks for posting those. And to the person on facebook saying they are photoshopped, no, it definitely happened!

mrvincent Mar 2, 16 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by David_DLI (Post 26271653)

Facebook

Twitter

We'll be on that in less than 3 weeks. Less spectacular unfortunately.

iluvdoco Mar 2, 16 11:09 pm

Exciting news as everyone had hoped! QR will fly the A380 to SYD starting in June.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airway...n=home-flipper