Search

Carry on size and weight question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: sans status now :(
Carry on size and weight question

Hi,

New to Qatar so my only information is from their website (and old posts on this forum which may be outdated).

I'm flying J PHL-DOH on A350 and DOH-JRO on A320. How stringent are they about carry ons in J?

It appears you can carry on two pieces in J not to exceed 15K/33lbs. Dimensions not to exceed 20x15x10 inches. My wheeled luggage is 21x14x10, including wheels. Is this going to be problematic?

Any input valuable! I'm assuming that in JRO on the way home they may do more weighing and measuring.

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:17 am

No, mine's the same size. It'll be fine.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
No problem
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:22 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Have taken 2 QR flights since yesterday (Saturday) evening & about to take our 3rd on a CX codeshare flight to SYD. My carry on is slightly larger - at it's biggest I think it's 55cms & it's been fine & weight wise, it's probably 10kgs.

Excellent flights so far, we're really impressed 😀
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Wonderful!

Thanks all for the information.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:38 am

QR hand lugagge

We did the DOH JRO route in Sept and the luggage bins are a bit smaller as its a 320. We had 3 pieces between us and they didn't weigh them anywhere. My husbands camera bag was quite heavy but not over the limit for us both.

I thought QR are a little bit naughty advertising the Doha JRO as business class, it's nothing like. The seats only recline slightly and there are no TV screens although you can request a portable DVD player. The FA's were embarrassed and apologised that they needed to upgrade to a 330.

I thought it may have had something to do with the size of the runway but we've flown with KLM into JRO so it can't be.

I'm sure you will have a great trip no matter what plane you arrive on, we love Tanzania 😀
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Yes, I looked into the A320's they fly into JRO and they look a bit tired and not much recline. On the plus side, it isn't that long a flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.