Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR and EC261 - experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by wilko1
Interesting. I had a LHR - DOH - JRO with DOH - JRO flight cancelled. I assumed it would not be eligible, as the cancelled leg was outside the EU. I shall put a claim in. Thanks
For the relevant precedence, see Wegener v Royal Air Maroc SA
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:37 am

Wow. On emailing Qatar and quoting the Wegener v Royal Air Maroc, Qatar have just emailed offering EUR600. Many thanks!!

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
For the relevant precedence, see Wegener v Royal Air Maroc SA
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:05 am

QR are being cheeky, and despite giving them an EUR account, they want to pay the EUR600 compensation in GBP at the exchange rate of back in 2015 (20% lower than today). The flight did leave from LHR. Is there any precedent for this?

Wow. On emailing Qatar and quoting the Wegener v Royal Air Maroc, Qatar have just emailed offering EUR600. Many thanks!!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
QR are being cheeky, and despite giving them an EUR account, they want to pay the EUR600 compensation in GBP at the exchange rate of back in 2015 (20% lower than today). The flight did leave from LHR. Is there any precedent for this?
I am not sure about any precedence etc but I was offered 555.26 GBP as my EC261 compensation which on the date offered (15/09/2019) was equivalent to approx 626.80 EUR.

My flights had nothing to do with UK other than the fact that they were booked in the UK (my company's corporate TA), it was an open-jaw booking SOF-DOH-SIN-DOH-ARN and the delay was on the DOH-SIN leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.