Qatar and Israel

Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Qatar and Israel

Is there any issues entering Qatar with an Israeli stamp in passport? (I'll be on UK (passport)

I have a 10 hour stopover, so have been given a free visa and free hotel. I would also like to use the free tour guide.

Is there any issues?

I found this old thread, but wanted more updated info.

Thanks.

And out of interest, do Qatar allow Israeli passports in?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:32 am

I don't see why not? Have a nice flight
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Is there any issues entering Qatar with an Israeli stamp in passport? (I'll be on UK (passport)

I have a 10 hour stopover, so have been given a free visa and free hotel. I would also like to use the free tour guide.

Is there any issues?

I found this old thread, but wanted more updated info.

Thanks.

And out of interest, do Qatar allow Israeli passports in?
No issues at all. I've done it a few times, and have had no problems or queries.

In terms of allowing an Israeli Passport holder into the country, again, there are no issues.

The problem you may encounter with the Israeli passport, is if you return to Israel with the stamp inside. However, there is a go-around, which is to ask for the stamp to be put on a piece of paper, stapled to your passport - you can then simply remove the stamp once you have left the country. I have done this a number of times with one particular Middle-Eastern country, which I do not want to appear on my passport page.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:03 am
Suspended

Uhh guys are you sure about Israeli passports? Some public sources they are not allowed in. Btw what is an Israeli stamp? I thought these days (since I visited in 2014 at least...) they give you a little sticker that you can easily remove.

edit: from further googling (which OP could have done), stamp is ok.

However, for Israeli passports, you apparently need to arrange the visa ahead of time. Here's from timatic

Citizen: Israel, Destination: Qatar

Passport required.
- Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be
valid for a minimum of 3 months from the arrival date.

Visa required.

Visa Issuance:
- Infants under 2 years of age, born to alien residents of
Qatar can obtain a visa on arrival.For details, click here

Minors:
- Own passport is not required for children if
For details, click here
Additional Information:

- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to
cover their stay and documents required for their next
destination.

- All passengers staying in Qatar for more than 1 month must
obtain a Residence Permit after arrival.
Warning:
- Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused

entry.
- E-visas issued by Qatar must be validated prior to boarding
at http://www.moi.gov.qa/site/eServices...es/indexE.html by
clicking on the Visa Enquiry and Printing button.

- Visitors holding a tourist visa must also have proof of
confirmed hotel reservation and at least USD 1,400.- or a

major credit card.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by mpkz
Uhh guys are you sure about Israeli passports? Some public sources they are not allowed in. Btw what is an Israeli stamp? I thought these days (since I visited in 2014 at least...) they give you a little sticker that you can easily remove.
They do, but last time I went it was not even a sticker and was just loose in my passport. Prior to that they used to put the stamp on a bit of paper and then staple it to your passport if you asked them, if not then they stamped the passport and I do have an Israeli stamp in my passport (which doesn't bother me).
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
When arrving into Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport they give you a paper little visa. This is since around 3 years ago, when they stopped stamping in passport. Now, there is no stamping, and to everyone they give these papers.

But when going through a Jordan Border crossing, like the Aqaba crossing from Eilat to Jordan, they stamp in your passport.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by benberg2013
When arrving into Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport they give you a paper little visa. This is since around 3 years ago, when they stopped stamping in passport. Now, there is no stamping, and to everyone they give these papers.

But when going through a Jordan Border crossing, like the Aqaba crossing from Eilat to Jordan, they stamp in your passport.
I crossed Allenby-King Hussein Bridge and got a piece of paper / sticker, not a stamp.

I got a Jordanian exit stamp however which is considered incriminating by the most hardcore countries (Lebanon, Iran etc.) so Israel was the last country I visited on that passport.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Maybe it's anecdoctic but when you zoom on the geovision map on the QR IFE on the A350, Israël is totally deleted from the maps. They just deleted all the city names in Israël...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
What about a dual national (Israeli and German) transiting through DOH on QR (clearly with the German passport)? Is there an immigration passport check for people who are just in transit?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit
What about a dual national (Israeli and German) transiting through DOH on QR (clearly with the German passport)? Is there an immigration passport check for people who are just in transit?
You can transit DOH as an Israeli citizen without issues.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:33 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by pianoamit
As N1Rotate has said, you will have no problems transiting through DOH.

There is no immigration passport check, and your passport will only be checked at the boarding gate for your flight.

Safe travels,

M
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:32 am

Thank you!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
OP is using a UK/EU passport and as noted Israel no longer does ink stamp visas but issues a small slip of paper that's not even put into the passport. Thus there is no issue here.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:28 am

Shareholder - I was asking as a dual national, intending to use my EU passport, which mentions my place of birth. But thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.