Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Big announcement on 9th December

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Qatar, Emirates and Etihad are to merge into a single airline [Qamirhad], and have secured a US AOC via their purchase of one of the US big 3.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
...historic moment in American aviation..... a pivotal announcement..? Puff Daddy😂
Yes, but the A350 is being piloted by a unicorn...with a diamond horn
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Yes, but the A350 is being piloted by a unicorn...with a diamond horn
...who pees Krug.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:38 am

so...when is this big announcement happening today?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: The Embassy
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ngs-a350-to-us

Seems to have been picked up by a few new sources, so I reckon there's still a chance it's that
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by agjil
so...when is this big announcement happening today?
Apparently it already "happened":

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/pr...togetherlaunch

Yay, a slight brand refresh, how historic! If I was a reporter at that press conference/presentation, I would have responded to the announcement with "how is this 'a pivotal announcement' and 'a historic moment in American aviation'"?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Apparently it already "happened":

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/pr...togetherlaunch

Yay, a slight brand refresh, how historic! If I was a reporter at that press conference/presentation, I would have responded to the announcement with "how is this 'a pivotal announcement' and 'a historic moment in American aviation'"?
There were 3 press releases so far (A350 to JFK, New CNN partnership, brand refresh) the actual press conference didn't start yet. It will start shortly.

Edit: AAB is speaking now.
Edit 2: As expected non-event. The historic moment in American aviation seems to be the first commercial A350 flight to NA, then on 1 January first A350 scheduled service to North America. The pivotal announcement seems to be the brand refresh.

Last edited by N1Rotate; Dec 9, 2015 at 9:31 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
There were 3 press releases so far (A350 to JFK, New CNN partnership, brand refresh) the actual press conference didn't start yet. It will start shortly.

Edit: AAB is speaking now.
Edit 2: As expected non-event. The historic moment in American aviation seems to be the first commercial A350 flight to NA, then on 1 January first A350 scheduled service to North America. The pivotal announcement seems to be the brand refresh.
Thanks for the info.
So in other words, we can just ignore what was announced today.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only thing 5 star about QR is their hyperbole and willingness to be delusional at a public level.

They're seriously the lightweight of the ME3...EY and EK are first class operations, but QR is really just the runt that jumps up and down trying to get attention.

What a silly build up to a bunch of nothing, but I guess we can all carry on now.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
"Going places together"

The cynic in me wonders if this new tagline is because they anticipate losing their 5 star rating now that the 777 is going 10 abreast in Y?!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lowfareair
And without a First Class cabin.

Originally Posted by UNITED959
The only thing 5 star about QR is their hyperbole and willingness to be delusional at a public level.
They're seriously the lightweight of the ME3...EY and EK are first class operations, but QR is really just the runt that jumps up and down trying to get attention.
What a silly build up to a bunch of nothing, but I guess we can all carry on now.
I'm thinking that you've never flown QR F or J recently and have never passed thru the new DOH.
EY, a first class operation? You mean the airline that doesn't even have a First Class Lounge at its hub?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
Edit 2: As expected non-event. The historic moment in American aviation seems to be the first commercial A350 flight to NA, then on 1 January first A350 scheduled service to North America.
Marvellous.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SFO777
And without a First Class cabin.

I'm thinking that you've never flown QR F or J recently and have never passed thru the new DOH.
EY, a first class operation? You mean the airline that doesn't even have a First Class Lounge at its hub?
Well, to be fair they do have a First Class Lounge, it just isn't "first class" or even for first class passengers.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Apparently, these folks are attempting to take a few pages from some of the U.S. Airlines, like Delta. Announce something full of fancy words and expressionist writing and think it actually impresses someone - other than their in house staff that is.

That press release was so full of NOTHING. Unbelievable.

Okay... I thought I would give it another chance and clicked to their video. It is a generic travel video.

NOWHERE is there any indication that Qatar is doing anything new or different.

I will give credit to where credit is due: The marketing team that blew smoke so far up someones $$$ and got them to buy into the smoke!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by UNITED959

You seem to have confused Qatar for Etihad...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.