Transfer Doha

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Transfer Doha

Hi, I am flying DXB/EDI via Doha. Flights are

QR1019 A 26NOV 4*DXBDOH HK1 2230 2240
QR 031 I 27NOV 5*DOHEDI HK1 0745 1215

Question - Will I be able to check my hold bag all the way through as I want to stay airside and stay in transit hotel. Anyone know?

Also will they let me in lounge 9 hours before connecting flight?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Ngl100
Hi, I am flying DXB/EDI via Doha. Flights are

QR1019 A 26NOV 4*DXBDOH HK1 2230 2240
QR 031 I 27NOV 5*DOHEDI HK1 0745 1215

Question - Will I be able to check my hold bag all the way through as I want to stay airside and stay in transit hotel. Anyone know?

Also will they let me in lounge 9 hours before connecting flight?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the Forums!

Yes, your bags will go all the way through, and yes, you can stay in the lounge as long as you like before your flight.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I assume you are traveling Business class (or first) for the lounge
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I assume you are traveling Business class (or first) for the lounge
"A" and "I" is hidden in the OP.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ft101
"A" and "I" is hidden in the OP.
still none the wiser!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll
still none the wiser!
A is discount First Class (in this case Business Class sold as First) and I is discount Business Class. Full fare First and Business fare buckets are F and J respectively.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Sorry to the OP to hijack the thread but I also have a DOH transfer question which doesn't really need it's own thread...

Does anyone have any experience of leaving the airport after going through the transit process and using the hotel or lounge? I have a long layover coming up and plan to go into Doha for a little look around, but would quite like to go to the lounge for a freshen up first, then leave the airport (yes I'm aware of the immigration requirement) go take a look around Doha and come back later for my onward flight.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
A is discount First Class (in this case Business Class sold as First) and I is discount Business Class. Full fare First and Business fare buckets are F and J respectively.
Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by Airprox
Sorry to the OP to hijack the thread but I also have a DOH transfer question which doesn't really need it's own thread...

Does anyone have any experience of leaving the airport after going through the transit process and using the hotel or lounge? I have a long layover coming up and plan to go into Doha for a little look around, but would quite like to go to the lounge for a freshen up first, then leave the airport (yes I'm aware of the immigration requirement) go take a look around Doha and come back later for my onward flight.
You can't use the transit process. This will take you from the arrivals floor to the departure floor (where there is the access to the HIA hotel and lounges) and I don't know whether you can go backwards.

Your 2 choices from the arrivals area. They would be :

Buy a stopover package from QR. I think it's about $150. It includes hotel, transfer and visa. This basically means you follow the STPC pathway - a little lounge holding area, drinks and nibbles while your visa is processed, then off you go.

The second option is to do it yourself. Take yourself through immigration, into a taxi and off you go. There is a Arrivals lounge. I didn't use it but I saw it (signage) off to the right, once you have cleared imigration.

Good luck.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Airprox
No problems! I have done it lots of times. I go to the hotel desk first, to get my STPC vouchers and then through transfer security to the lounge.
Going back you just take the elevator to the security check and then proceed down to arrivals.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by sturejan
No problems! I have done it lots of times. I go to the hotel desk first, to get my STPC vouchers and then through transfer security to the lounge.
Going back you just take the elevator to the security check and then proceed down to arrivals.
Excellent, thanks very much for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.