Wiki Posts
Search

QR I am converted.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
QR I am converted.

We just completed our first two LH legs on QR - LHR - DOH - BKK. What a revelation. I would not class us as Frequent fliers - being retired now I don't do the business miles I used to. QR was a revelation after years of BA LH flights.

Hard product, soft product, and the staff were excellent. Krug in the onboard lounge, excellent food and my favourite Bombay Sapphire.

Two excellent flights and the lounge at DOH was very impressive..
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: The Embassy
That's good to hear! Every so often I consider doing BA for that route, as I hate the stop-over, but then I read something like this and decide to keep it with QR...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by qwest01
We just completed our first two LH legs on QR - LHR - DOH - BKK. What a revelation. I would not class us as Frequent fliers - being retired now I don't do the business miles I used to. QR was a revelation after years of BA LH flights.

Hard product, soft product, and the staff were excellent. Krug in the onboard lounge, excellent food and my favourite Bombay Sapphire.

Two excellent flights and the lounge at DOH was very impressive..
Great to hear you had such an enjoyable experience with QR.

There is little disagrement that the BKK route is more comfortable with QR, than with BA, especially as the latter offer a rather leggy 3 class 777.

Hopefully you will be back for more with QR!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
I just completed a MEL-DOH-MAN routing with QR and I am very impressed and will be looking out for QR for similar routings in the future
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I wasn't that fussed by them in F or J. Preferential treatment was given to locals. They were given a small boxed gift at the end of Ramadan. With so few in the cabin it should of been all or nothing. I too would of liked the good wishes that came with the little box of dates I think it was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.