Wiki Posts
Search

QPoints and QMiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by meelosh
Actually, DOH-BKK might be an exception to the rule - many European expats living in China have been rushing back to China from their countries hit by the outbreak. Since QR is still not flying to China, most popular connection has been via BKK, and then an interline with MU. Some of these flights have been sold out.
Interesting - I guess I will ask around once I arrive in Bangkok to confirm your theory. I ended up booking with TK with miles instead - wide open availability.
Old May 13, 2020, 4:56 pm

Anyone know if you can use Qpoints or Qmiles to upgrade a W fare ticket? And if yes, is there a posted upgrade chart on how many points/miles it costs?
Old May 13, 2020, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by myb821
Anyone know if you can use Qpoints or Qmiles to upgrade a W fare ticket? And if yes, is there a posted upgrade chart on how many points/miles it costs?
I've just read in the free tickets for healthcare workers thread that QRPC elites can, and asked there for some more details.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I thought T,O,W,S tickets could not be upgraded?!
Old May 13, 2020, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I thought T,O,W,S tickets could not be upgraded?!
I thought S were always Savers and were OK. T and O could be Savers or Promos and only upgradeable if issued as Savers, and W were Promo only and not upgradeable. Hopefully someone can clarify.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
I've just read in the free tickets for healthcare workers thread that QRPC elites can, and asked there for some more details.
Answer seems to be no and the guy was mistaken.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32373982-post68.html
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
I have a paid Qsuites ticket YYZ-JFK-DOH-RUH in D class with DOH-RUH in First class A.

The DOH-RUH flight posted to my QR account as D class and I received the D class qpoints and avios.

Is this correct? It wasn't a subsequent upgrade or anything, it was ticketed as A right from the start.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
I have a paid Qsuites ticket YYZ-JFK-DOH-RUH in D class with DOH-RUH in First class A.

The DOH-RUH flight posted to my QR account as D class and I received the D class qpoints and avios.

Is this correct? It wasn't a subsequent upgrade or anything, it was ticketed as A right from the start.
This happened to me as well. I have reached out to them but they said that despite the leg in A the ticket was issued in J. I believe this is their policy for regional flights (as there is no J) when bought as part of a longer itinerary. The only way to accrue the F (A) avios/Qpoints is to buy them individually (from/back to DOH only).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.