QPoints and QMiles

Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi,

Do someone know if BA flights operated by Vueling are eligible to qmiles/qpoints accrual ?

Thanks
They do not, neither do IB operated by Vueling.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Larssparholt
Does anyone know how long it takes (approx.) for Qpoints and Qmiles to be registered to your Privilege account when flying with a OW partner (Cathay)?
Recent personal experience was one week.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Larssparholt
Does anyone know how long it takes (approx.) for Qpoints and Qmiles to be registered to your Privilege account when flying with a OW partner (Cathay)?
If it was a codeshare flight then they may be automatically credited in exactly the same manner as QR flights. If not then you need to make a retro claim for a partner airline.

If it was not a codeshare flight (no QR flight number) then I think flyymes answer is correct. If that is not the case then a retro partner claim is required.

See https://qmiles.qatarairways.com/ffpo...RetroClaim.jsf for more details.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:42 am

Anyone have any experience with how long it takes for Qpoints and Qmiles to credit following an AA flight?
I've not flown with AA before. My personal experience with CX is that it can take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks! And with BA I had to retroclaim. They sorted it out pretty quickly though.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Anyone have any experience with how long it takes for Qpoints and Qmiles to credit following an AA flight?
One week.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Hi everyone,

I bought a business class ticket with AA from Europe with some domestic segments marketed as First. Do you know if the acrual of miles and points is based on the first or business earning chart (qcalculator)

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:31 am

Jeff_ you should calculate each segment separately using the ticket class for that segment.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by remdk
Jeff_ you should calculate each segment separately using the ticket class for that segment.
Thanks remdk, that's what I did, but as it shows both Business and First on the qcalc for flights that do not have buisness class I was not sure what I will be entitled. Moreover on the US site it shows Booking code P, and on the french one it shows Buisness Saver/ First class on domestic US flights ...
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Thanks remdk, that's what I did, but as it shows both Business and First on the qcalc for flights that do not have buisness class I was not sure what I will be entitled. Moreover on the US site it shows Booking code P, and on the french one it shows Buisness Saver/ First class on domestic US flights ...
Qcalculator is just a chart listing Qmiles and Qpoints earnings for any theorical possible booking class, even if that airline doesn't actually (or would never) offer this booking class for that pair of origin-destination.
So don't worry if AA only have Eco and First on domestic flights : as your AA first class ticket is in booking class P, your will earn what Qcalculator shows for booking class P (which anyway is considered as first class for AA flights by Qcalculator).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: QR Platinum
AA does not market Business tickets for domestic US flights. Check your ticket's booking fare, it will be either A,F, or P. You will get Qpoints and Qmiles for First according to that booking fare, but will seat on business seats. There are some exceptions to this, as occasionally AA will have a 3-class equipment on some routes, but that is very rare.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:47 am
Suspended

Ok thanks everyone for your answers
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Just for info; BA Tps and avios posted to account from QR within 6 days this week.^

OF
Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:28 am

currently any double or triple miles offer?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by raporot
currently any double or triple miles offer?
Check your "My Offers" section in your QR PC account. Some offers nowadays seem to be targeted, so you may have one there.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
This may seem like a silly question, but if I buy my flight from British Airways but it is operated by American Airlines, do I earn my Qmiles from BA or AA? According to the Qcalculator, the O fare on AA would earn me approximately 10k miles but the O fare on BA earns only 2.8k miles.

Much thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.