Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:29 am

I know someone who collected 4x qmiles for a flight booked during travel festival even though he didn't register to 4x qmiles promo and didn't even have this promo available under "My offers". Therefore, my optimism (or naivety) has basis, although it's very narrow :-D
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Question to QA enthusiasts: I am looking to retain my platinum and this up to 200% Q points would be great for my purposes, I am about 250 short. I already have two sectors in J , so I am looking for the best J flight with 4 sectors to get 100% before end of august.

The best I could find is Colombo - NYC in J (promo) for 2061 USD which would earn 248 Q points (124 times two). This values each Q point at 8.3 USD, and is enough my my Platinum retention.

QUESTION: has anyone found something "sweeter" that values Q points at less than 8.3 USD?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
The best I could find is Colombo - NYC in J (promo) for 2061 USD which would earn 248 Q points (124 times two).
The QR calculator show only 77 Qpoints one way in j. Is there any promotion right now departing colombo?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
The QR calculator show only 77 Qpoints one way in j. Is there any promotion right now departing colombo?
Yes there are business promo (I, R) fares out of Colombo coming up leaving August 2nd and back August 8th. That return flight (4 sectors) gets 124 Q points in I, R. So if one flies two sectors in J before hand, then flies this Colombo-NY those should count as sectors 3,4,5,6 in the promotion and thus acrrue double so 248. My question is: is that the best cash to Q points ratio out there, or is there better?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:27 am

Question to QA enthusiasts: I am looking to retain my platinum and this up to 200% Q points would be great for my purposes, I am about 250 short. I already have two sectors in J , so I am looking for the best J flight with 4 sectors to get 100% before end of august.

The best I could find is Colombo - NYC in J (promo) for 2061 USD which would earn 248 Q points (124 times two). This values each Q point at 8.3 USD, and is enough my my Platinum retention.

QUESTION: has anyone found something "sweeter" that values Q points at less than 8.3 USD?

Thanks in advance!
How could getting QRPC Plat over Gold possibly be worth that kind of money?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by makrom
How could getting QRPC Plat over Gold possibly be worth that kind of money?
There is no right or wrong answer to that, each to their own definition of "worth". But briefly for me, I am already platinum and I get allot of benefits as I travel allot ( i.e operational upgrades when flights are over booked, access to Sydney first class lounge, free baggage on internal AA flights, list goes on) so I would like to retain my Plat, and hence me asking Forum is this the cheapest way for 248 Q points, or has someone found cheaper using the current Q points offer.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:11 am

There is no right or wrong answer to that, each to their own definition of "worth". But briefly for me, I am already platinum and I get allot of benefits as I travel allot ( i.e operational upgrades when flights are over booked, access to Sydney first class lounge, free baggage on internal AA flights, list goes on) so I would like to retain my Plat, and hence me asking Forum is this the cheapest way for 248 Q points, or has someone found cheaper using the current Q points offer.
Fair enough, I didn't intend to judge. I was just surprised that someone who "merely" flies enough to get 292 points in a year would benefit enough to get his money's worth.
Of course there are exceptions, for example only using QRPC for status and otherwise crediting to a different program, or having frequent short distance commutes from airports with nice OWE lounges. It's just not that common.
But please, I'm the last person who intends to tell people what the have to do, I meant this purely from a technical point of view.

Last edited by makrom; Jun 23, 2017 at 10:16 am
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Hello,
I was wondering where very helpful Qatar Airways special offers tables has gone.... It was progressively retired from all national QR websites.

The replacement is a colorful, but useless selection of mostly Economy class fares to random destinations ... not good.

Any idea on where to get a comprehensive picture on current QR sales fares?

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Is there a Mastercard promotion still going on? I thought I saw one that ran through June 30 for ticket purchases. But now I can't find it. Now on QR's website can only find a Mastercard promo that ended May 21.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Is there a Mastercard promotion still going on? I thought I saw one that ran through June 30 for ticket purchases. But now I can't find it. Now on QR's website can only find a Mastercard promo that ended May 21.
There is 10% off if you book from the app.

10% extra savings for mobile bookers – book by 3rd July

We know how important it is to stay mobile and book whilst you’re on the move! That’s why we’re offering extra savings of up to 10% for bookings made on your mobile between 21 June and 3 July.

Just enter promo code ONTHEGO at the time of booking to take advantage of this exclusive discount

*Terms and Conditions apply.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Posted over in the BA forum, sharing here.

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Looks like QR has Business Promo fares between AMS and BKK again,
For example 1585 euros 11-12-2017 - 08-01-2018
There were more dates this morning but now I see that prices are increasing slightly..

https://www.google.nl/flights/?f=0#s...sc=b;a=QR;so=p
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Not premium cabin, but there are some decent economy return fares from a number of European origins to most Australian destinations.

Start points seems to include Istanbul, Sofia, Helsinki, Copenhagen plus Skopje and range from £450-£480 return or £530 for Skopje return. Dates from Nov17 through to Mar18.

Hat tip to the fly4free blog.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by plunet
Not premium cabin, but there are some decent economy return fares from a number of European origins to most Australian destinations.

Start points seems to include Istanbul, Sofia, Helsinki, Copenhagen plus Skopje and range from £450-£480 return or £530 for Skopje return. Dates from Nov17 through to Mar18.

Hat tip to the fly4free blog.
It seems like half the people I know in Warsaw have plumped for one of those Australian offers! From the same site (fly4free) I found a good deal (Eco) which combined HAN and BKK from WAW.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Seems like there are some nice companion fares out of DME as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...es-ex-dme.html
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Jan@BRU
Hello,
I was wondering where very helpful Qatar Airways special offers tables has gone.... It was progressively retired from all national QR websites.

Thanks
I think it has been removed. As you say the replacement is useless, mainly economy fares, and I'm not convinced it actually works - the only business deals are ex LHR on the UK page. Can't be right? Come on QR do better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.