Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
Thanks for clarification was just about to adjust! I meant business and first. 1400 USD to Tokyo is pretty good! but yes those crazy sales do come up from BRU/MXP. I am based in the MENA and go to Egypt allot so those fares are looking good for us this side of the Mediterranean !
Melbourne will likely be cheaper still.

For me, the ex-ARN fares (Ł2200-Ł2350 GBP to SYD on QR or CX) are better than this as i don't have to position to Egypt; but you're right $1400 to TYO isn't bad at all.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
There is a 7 day sale that just started today ex-Doha. This is on the QA website, enjoy!

Enjoy up to 40%* off all-inclusive return fares

Book your ticket by 3 May 2017 for travel between 26 April and 21 June 2017*.
In addition, Mastercard cardholders receive an additional discount of up to 10%* when they purchase their Qatar Airways tickets using their Mastercard debit or credit cards during the duration of this offer.
Is there a list of destinations & prices ? Or does it take searching each dest to find the fare prices ??
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking for a J class trip to Singapore over Christmas. Spotted Ł1,770 (about €2,060) Madrid via Doha to Singapore with Amex travel for 24-30 December. Does this sound reasonable?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Slotski
I'm looking for a J class trip to Singapore over Christmas. Spotted Ł1,770 (about €2,060) Madrid via Doha to Singapore with Amex travel for 24-30 December. Does this sound reasonable?
Not really. Ł1550 ex-AMS with CX would be my choice if I had to book today. Although if price is your #1 concern you can do ex-MAD on those dates with AY for Ł1350ish - but it involves a long journey.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Slotski
Does it need to be ex-MAD?

ITA showing OSL as the best ex-EU origin for those dates, Ł1826. I can't see anything from MAD as good as you've found, Ł2022 when i do it? I'm using QR site to validate pricing, and in my experience Amex travel is always more expensive than direct?

Personally I'd wait for better, but the OSL price isn't so bad if you need to book now.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Is there a list of destinations & prices ? Or does it take searching each dest to find the fare prices ??
There is a brief list on the website, besides that you will have to look up individual destinations

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/of...promotion.page
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:32 am

Sisyphus1carus it may seem like splitting hairs but you need to look for prices FROM an origin not TO a destination as this is how QR show their sale prices. The reverse price from destination to origin could be, and often is, very different.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:25 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by phoneticduck
ITA showing OSL as the best ex-EU origin for those dates, Ł1826. I can't see anything from MAD as good as you've found, Ł2022 when i do it? I'm using QR site to validate pricing, and in my experience Amex travel is always more expensive than direct?
I have always booked my QR flights on Amex Travel (UK).

Amex Travel should always be the "same price" as booking on the QR website (except with the recent Mastercard or Visa offers) but the difference is that Amex Travel charges in GBP using the IATA exchange rate, which is based on rates in the previous week, whereas when booking on the QR website you will pay in the currency of the departure country and this will be converted to your card currency using the rates 2-3 days after booking.

In these days of wildly fluctuating rates, for the amounts we are talking about, the price of the flights in euros, SEK, NOK, etc when converted to GBP can vary by Ł50-Ł100 from day to day.

In my experience searching on ITA for QR flights is not that useful except for timetables, because it appears not to update availability in real time. However sometimes Amex Travel may not be able to locate certain booking classes, for example it doesn't show the cheapest Y or Y+ fares for CX.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by :D!
In my experience searching on ITA for QR flights is not that useful except for timetables, because it appears not to update availability in real time.
Since Google purchased ITA, it's been trying to emphasize Google Flights. That may account for some of it.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Just received this via e-mail. Might be of interest to some:

http://www.qatarairways.com/eg/en/of...?cid=EMEG94060
Old May 4, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
It seems a tad different this year, I remember not booking a trip for this easter, last easter due to the other halfs holiday problems. I eventually did a PSA to AKL run booked mid May last year. The difference being that bookings were past 15 December, indeed, people were booking Easter runs next year this time last year...

Mines were for over the christmas period last year. So it looks as if QR are highly protective of the christmas period and beyond this year. Fair enough for christmas and new year, I imagine its the peak time, but allow the sale to cover next year please QR!
Old May 4, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Just received this via e-mail. Might be of interest to some:

http://www.qatarairways.com/eg/en/of...?cid=EMEG94060
For the curious: the link above is for fares ex-CAI.

Meanwhile, I've been sniffing around QR ports in SE Asia for good J fares to the US. Sale validity dates vary but nothing special enough to entice me yet. Will post if I see good ones.

Last edited by MegatopLover; May 4, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Old May 5, 2017, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Smid
Mines were for over the christmas period last year. So it looks as if QR are highly protective of the christmas period and beyond this year. Fair enough for christmas and new year, I imagine its the peak time, but allow the sale to cover next year please QR!
The Christmas/new year period can often be very slow for premium cabins, so I wouldn't give up hope for another sale to cover these dates!

I do agree though in that I'm looking for next Easter and no sales appear to be covering this right now where in previous years I was booking almost 12 months in advance. Still I'm hapoy to sit and wait as I'm sure something will come along and there is always the Aug/Sep sale or even next Jan sale.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
For the curious: the link above is for fares ex-CAI.

Meanwhile, I've been sniffing around QR ports in SE Asia for good J fares to the US. Sale validity dates vary but nothing special enough to entice me yet. Will post if I see good ones.
I found some reasonable J award availability ex DPS and CGK in Sep. Also, revenue R/T in J around $US4K for CGK to LAX
Old May 8, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
When do you think the next travel fare will come around?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.