Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Currently in the Al Safwa lounge now (13:00 on a Friday) and theres a total of 5 other people in here. A little different to when i was in here last week on a Sunday night/Monday morning. There were around 20 people in on the Sunday night but i managed to get a sleep room straight away. In the morning around 06:30 there were well over 50 people in the lounge with the majority if seating near the water fountain filled and the private cabin things opposite the toilets pretty full too.

FYI to enter i just went straight to the Al Safwa reception desk without visiting the Al Mourjan. They asked if i wanted a room straight away on both occasions.
SullyofDoha and Leninist like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by ceej123
Currently in the Al Safwa lounge now (13:00 on a Friday) and theres a total of 5 other people in here. A little different to when i was in here last week on a Sunday night/Monday morning. There were around 20 people in on the Sunday night but i managed to get a sleep room straight away. In the morning around 06:30 there were well over 50 people in the lounge with the majority if seating near the water fountain filled and the private cabin things opposite the toilets pretty full too.

FYI to enter i just went straight to the Al Safwa reception desk without visiting the Al Mourjan. They asked if i wanted a room straight away on both occasions.
Were you sitting at the bar by yourself?
I was drinking with my mother.

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Good news:
The chef is hopeful that soon they’ll have raw meat delivered to their kitchen,
so we can finally have that rare steak.
Rejoice, the end of the pre-cooked era is near!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:13 pm

Just read that the price for business class entry to to the lounge has more than doubled? Anyone come across this yet?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Leninist
Just read that the price for business class entry to to the lounge has more than doubled? Anyone come across this yet?
Please refer to this thread: J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:27 pm

I have a flight from ORD-DOH arriving at 4:30pm in November and then DOH-AMM in QR First the next day at 4:25pm. Is it possible or worthwhile to visit the city then come back and sleep at the lounges? or should I get a hotel in the city instead. Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:04 pm

hamburglar if you look at the qatar-airways-forum-dashboard then under about-doh-airport you will find long-connections you will find a lot of useful information, including doha-night-tour which has much information about touring Doha on your own.

Since you are departing DOH in F then you will have access to Al Safwa lounge with its sleeping rooms. You may also consider +Qatar-doha-hotel-stopovers
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Good news:
The chef is hopeful that soon they’ll have raw meat delivered to their kitchen,
so we can finally have that rare steak.
Rejoice, the end of the pre-cooked era is near!
Great news! Only took 5(?) years!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:08 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Great news! Only took 5(?) years!
Agreed. BUT it ain't done until its done @:-)......plus the chef being "hopeful" is hardly a solid commitment
vbh812 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:48 am

A cook making Health and Safety decisions - brilliant. Blunt knives next to saw through the raw meat.
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ft101
A cook making Health and Safety decisions - brilliant.
I only saw that the chef said that it was expected to happen, not that s/he was the decision maker. Did I miss something in that post?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I only saw that the chef said that it was expected to happen, not that s/he was the decision maker. Did I miss something in that post?
Whoosh!!
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Can someone please confirm that BA first class passengers are allowed to use the Al-Safwa lounge or not? According to the OneWorld rules and information on this thread, it says first class passengers of any oneworld airlines can access Al-Safwa lounge. However, when I did a search on OneWorld website, it says BA first and business class passengers should use the Oryx lounge. Someone on this thread had also made a comment that access for Al-Safwa is ONLY for first class passengers flying ON QATAR AIRCRAFTS (not BA metals??)
Knowing Qatar likes to do things differently, I would really appreciate it if someone can share his/her knowledge on this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by chinhk
Can someone please confirm that BA first class passengers are allowed to use the Al-Safwa lounge or not? According to the OneWorld rules and information on this thread, it says first class passengers of any oneworld airlines can access Al-Safwa lounge. However, when I did a search on OneWorld website, it says BA first and business class passengers should use the Oryx lounge. Someone on this thread had also made a comment that access for Al-Safwa is ONLY for first class passengers flying ON QATAR AIRCRAFTS (not BA metals??)
Knowing Qatar likes to do things differently, I would really appreciate it if someone can share his/her knowledge on this.

According QR you should have access to AS with an BA first class ticket

chinhk likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chinhk
I used Al Safwa ex-DOH on a BA F ticket a few months back. Nothing has changed since then, so you'll be fine. It's a lovely space but the food is meh & the beverage quality varies quite alot too.
chinhk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.