Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
I was recently allowed access to Al Safwa by paying roughly 60€, with a C booking from memory 260 riyals.
They refused access with two bookings one in F doh - mct (booked with iberia miles) and a C booking BKK - DOH -TUN the same day, telling me to choose which one wanted to cancel, was glad they gave me the alternative of paying for access.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I, for one, am looking forward to the access rules changing. I had a long transit in the last couple of days, and spent 2 hours in the lounge between the hours of 8pm and 10pm when I was literally the only guest. It was a weird, rather unsettling experience! From an entirely selfish standpoint, i would like to see them open up the lounge to Emeralds traveling in J, though I can't see that being on the cards sadly...
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
The cabin crew have a list. You often see the head cabin crew walking round with an i pad checking that they have greeted all passengers with status
The list (though it'll only be for the cabin you're in) is in the galley, typically on the wall. You're not really supposed to be looking at it, but you can take a peek while going to the bathroom. My biggest "VVIP" experience was on the A380 to LHR in biz, the guy "next" to me (I was window, he was middle on my side) was VVIP and had the surname "althani" (al Thani). That particular flight was full of VVIP though.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mpkz
My biggest "VVIP" experience was on the A380 to LHR in biz, the guy "next" to me (I was window, he was middle on my side) was VVIP and had the surname "althani" (al Thani). That particular flight was full of VVIP though.
And thus why there are no F upgrades or award tickets to/from LHR.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
And thus why there are no F upgrades or award tickets to/from LHR.
My own experience has been around a 65/35 split of seeing Al Thani family members on LHR/CDG flights respectively - yet CDG is upgradeable.

M
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
My own experience has been around a 65/35 split of seeing Al Thani family members on LHR/CDG flights respectively - yet CDG is upgradeable.
Seems to me, M, that the explanation would be that half as many are on CDG as LHR, no? What I really want to to be in one of the center seats with AAB in the other one.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:07 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Seems to me, M, that the explanation would be that half as many are on CDG as LHR, no? What I really want to to be in one of the center seats with AAB in the other one.
Haha! .

I'm sure the crew are thrilled when they see AAB VVIP on the manifest!

M
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:22 am

Will this DOH AMM F get me into the Al Safwa?

Will DOH AMM F get me into the ALSafawa?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by ual902

Yes
ual902 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:01 am

Interesting routing for LAX-TLV...
ual902 and msm2000uk like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Interesting routing for LAX-TLV...
My cousin recently did something similar. After two weeks in Israel, she met me in Dubai. Hired a car and driver for TLV-AMM, then flew on to DXB.
ual902 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA
Finally got enough posts to add my photos from last year's trip through Al Safwa and the A380 First Class.

Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:35 am

Does the eight hour limit for Al Safawa apply here, LAX DOH J, DOH AMM F? I plan on staying in the Al Safwa lounge from LAX arrival 1800 till the AMM boarding which is 1640 the following day .

Maybe leave the airport to visit the Souk Waqf then return to the airport.

Thanks-

Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Does the eight hour limit for Al Safawa apply here, LAX DOH J, DOH AMM F? I plan on staying in the Al Safwa lounge from LAX arrival 1800 till the AMM boarding which is 1640 the following day .

Thanks-
I think you should be fine with this as it's your F ticket DOH-AMM that will grant you access. The 8-hour transit limit is for those arriving in F and connecting to J.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:08 am

Thanks-
Not 100% sure, but access right is generally limited to the day of departure. The 8h rule is for incoming long haul flights in F and departure in C or Y.
msm2000uk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.