Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by remdk
umbyboy since you are departing on a OW flight in F then yes you should have access to Al Safwa.
Ok, cool. Because at the beginning of this thread it says QR metal only. Can't wait!!!

Last edited by umbyboy; Jun 8, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Ok, cool. Because at the beginning of this thread it says BA metal. Can't wait!!!
The entry rules changed about 12 months ago, to permit those flying in F on OneWorld airlines, access into the Al Safwa.

Enjoy!

M
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
QUICK question - colleagues in Doha now, flying to AKL tonight in business [no status] - what time can they check in and access lounge (flight 02.25), and is alcohol free flowing even though it's Ramadan ?
The check in rule is 3-4 hours before a flight, but I have checked in up to 5 hours before to do some work and chill out in Al Mourjan, some have checked in even earlier. No alcohol served though in Ramadan so perhaps no need to go too early Drinks will be flowing normally during the flight, the attendants will not pour at the table though but will bring out glasses.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks Upgrade Me 2017

I just realised there was a Ramadan Wiki which I should have read! I am a BA FT regular, not often I delve into the QR Forum !
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Delete

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Jun 19, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:22 pm

fauxreals since you are departing DOH in F there are no restrictions in accessing Al Safwa Lounge.
The restriction only applies when arriving in F and departing in J or Y.

Do take a look at the dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html. There and in its links, especially http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...tions-doh.html you will find a great deal of useful information to aid you in your transit.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:47 pm

mikeyfly I forgot to mention the QR dashboard. You may find it a very useful tool. Sometimes questions, such as your Ramadan question can be answered with a very few clicks. Sometimes even faster than posting the question.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: qr
Came off QR831 ex BKK F/Class transiting on in J to AMS. went to escalator showed boarding cards and was told by the agent that i could not access the Al Safwa lounge as i was not travelling first class. Tild the agent the rules were if arriving Long Haul in F/C i should get access. he shrugged his shoulders and said better ask at the desk at the top. allowed me to proceed and the desk agent scanned B/P and said welcome. Had i not had the wisdom of FT i would probably just turned tail and headed for B/Class lounge.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by tav1989
Came off QR831 ex BKK F/Class transiting on in J to AMS. went to escalator showed boarding cards and was told by the agent that i could not access the Al Safwa lounge as i was not travelling first class. Tild the agent the rules were if arriving Long Haul in F/C i should get access. he shrugged his shoulders and said better ask at the desk at the top. allowed me to proceed and the desk agent scanned B/P and said welcome. Had i not had the wisdom of FT i would probably just turned tail and headed for B/Class lounge.
You are a prime example of how and why FlyerTalk stays relevant. Thank you for your post.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:30 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Are there still any regional FC routes bookable for 18,000 Avios to gain access?

Last edited by C W; Aug 8, 2017 at 12:43 am
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by C W
Are there still any regional FC routes bookable for 18,000 Avios to gain access?
I haven't looked myself, but presumably you could book a flight to BEY or MCT for example?

M
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
I booked flights from DOH-KWI with avios in F twice last week, I suspect the other regional flights would also be bookable although I have not had any need to try.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:14 am
C W

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I haven't looked myself, but presumably you could book a flight to BEY or MCT for example?

M
Originally Posted by SMFlagg
I booked flights from DOH-KWI with avios in F twice last week, I suspect the other regional flights would also be bookable although I have not had any need to try.
Thank you both very much.

When I try to book through the BA app I keep getting the error:

Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center.
Is this phantom space? Or do I just need to call?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by C W
Thank you both very much.

When I try to book through the BA app I keep getting the error:

Is this phantom space? Or do I just need to call?
I've always found it best to call BAEC when it comes to booking Avios redemptions on partner airlines - this prevents phantom availability, which the website is renowned for!

M
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:01 am
C W

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I've always found it best to call BAEC when it comes to booking Avios redemptions on partner airlines - this prevents phantom availability, which the website is renowned for!

M
Thank you. Sounds like that's what I should do.

Will transiting Doha on another QR ticket and using the BA ticket or if unavailable, a fully refundable F ticket, to gain Al Safwa access during my layover cause some sort of red flags in the QR computers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.