Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Old May 31, 2017, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Pook
Sitting in the very "dry" lounge now. Food service still the same but no alcohol served or display.
Am I able to take my own alcohol if I have a letter from a doctor stating that it is an Emotional Support Bottle?
Old May 31, 2017, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Am I able to take my own alcohol if I have a letter from a doctor stating that it is an Emotional Support Bottle?
3544quebec if you really want to see what Qatari prisons are like then yes go ahead! Consumption of alcohol, except in a private house, or certain hotel rooms, is strictly forbidden, in fact illegal, during Ramadan.

This is explained in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ne-2017-a.html thread.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
You could join the unmarried servants who had kids out of wedlock
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
Al Safwa tour

Hi folks! In case anyone is interested, I've posted a vlog episode about Al Safwa on my YouTube channel.

Last edited by BrandonOfCanada; Jun 3, 2017 at 12:14 pm
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:31 am

Great video! I also live in Alex - I'll say hi if I ever see you at the airport!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I was there a couple of nights ago. Got through transfer security and arrived at Al Safwa right at midnight. Asked for a sleeping room. There was availability. Handed over BPs to desk agent and one of them showed me to the room. It was noticeably cooler than the rest of the lounge. ^

Staff explained the six hour limit and asked if I would like a wakeup call, which I declined. Bed was comfortable, and I slept well. Same no ventilation problem in the bathroom, however, it's somewhat better there because the room is cooler than the lounge anyway. Additionally, I propped the door to the bathroom open with my suitcase.

The sleeping rooms are a great convenience for travelers, quite nice and exactly what I needed. I'll use them again if I have the opportunity. OTOH, my F flying on QR is fairly limited.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Great video! I also live in Alex - I'll say hi if I ever see you at the airport!
I'm actually moving to BOM in one week. If you're unlucky enough to be at HBE for the 7pm flight on June 11th, give me a holler!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I assume the Al Safwa F lounge is going to be eerily quiet the next few days as all flights to Saudi Arabia are scrapped. That would put the only F flights leaving DOH to CDG, LHR and BKK.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I assume the Al Safwa F lounge is going to be eerily quiet the next few days as all flights to Saudi Arabia are scrapped. That would put the only F flights leaving DOH to CDG, LHR and BKK.
Intra-Gulf J, is marketed as F, so flights to KWI (for example) will still be flying with an F cabin, and thus passengers in the Al Safwa.

M
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Muscat too
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Not to forget CAN, SYD and MEL long haul flights too
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by Matt4
Not to forget CAN, SYD and MEL long haul flights too
Are those sold as F, or have an F cabin?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:19 pm

zebrametalevel CAN, SYD and MEL(from 1 July) are all served by A380s and are all longhaul destinations. Only the A380s are genuinely three class aircraft. For a number of regional routes the J cabin is sold as F.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
I am slightly confused. I am flying on BA out of Doha in first, do I get access?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by umbyboy
I am slightly confused. I am flying on BA out of Doha in first, do I get access?
umbyboy since you are departing on a OW flight in F then yes you should have access to Al Safwa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.