QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 31, 19, 9:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Wiki Link
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that no upgraded tickets, are granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass* from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380.
- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades / QCredit upgrades to First do not give access.

Arrival access? (coming from LHR in F)

YES

ex. CAI-DOH-HEL

Arrival access? (coming from CAI in F)

NO

But HEL-DOH-CAI will work as DOH-CAI is a departing segment.

Privilege Club Platinum members and other Oneworld Emerald members are not allowed in the Al Safwa First Class Lounge and can only use the "ordinary" First Class Lounge.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'


What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 26/5/2017.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Apr 18, 17, 3:25 am
  #1171  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,869
Originally Posted by dakaix View Post
Is there any cutoff on the same-day usage of an earlier BKK-DOH F boarding pass to enter Al Safwa?

I'm doing a B2B in CAI in a couple of weeks; interested to see whether I'll still have access after my CAI turn (using the BKK boarding pass) before I connect onwards to Europe in J.
dakaix once you board the DOH-CAI flight your BKK-DOH boarding pass is no longer valid as an arrival boarding pass. Upon your return it will be the CAI-DOH boarding pass which does not qualify you for access to Al Safwa.

To give a more definitive answer we need to know if this is on one or more reservations and the cabin class of the flights.

My short answer is NO access but there may be extenuating circumstances.
remdk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 7:16 am
  #1172  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Posts: 13
Hi apologies if this is covering old ground... I'm arriving into DOH at 05:00 and have a 9hr layover till my flight to CAI at 14:20; will I be allowed entry into Al Safwa?

If the 8hr limit is enforced can I simply return the lounge >8hr to get entry? My primary focus is getting a quiet room for some sleep! If I can't get into the lounge >.< then I will probably book a hotel room
eastboundbooking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 7:44 am
  #1173  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,299
Originally Posted by eastboundbooking View Post
Hi — apologies if this is covering old ground... I'm arriving into DOH at 05:00 and have a 9hr layover till my flight to CAI at 14:20; will I be allowed entry into Al Safwa?

If the 8hr limit is enforced can I simply return the lounge >8hr to get entry? My primary focus is getting a quiet room for some sleep! If I can't get into the lounge >.< then I will probably book a hotel room
If your DOH-CAI is in F, then you will be allowed access. If it is in Y, then you will not.

The 8 hour rule only applies when you want to rely on an inbound F boarding pass when your next flight is in J or Y. If it's simply a long connection F-F, then you don't have to worry about the 8 hours.
stargold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 7:54 am
  #1174  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Posts: 13
Thanks @stargold - the DOH–CAI is in F so that's a relief
eastboundbooking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:42 am
  #1175  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Singapore & Globe trotting
Programs: QR Platinum (OWE), TK Classic Plus, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by eastboundbooking View Post
If the 8hr limit is enforced can I simply return to the lounge >8hr to get entry?
Any idea if you can simply show up with 8 hrs to go to your J connection if you're coming to Doha in F? In Sept I'll be in such a situation with a 9hr stopover. Thanks.
lifeonthego_k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 17, 9:47 am
  #1176  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,869
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k View Post
Any idea if you can simply show up with 8 hrs to go to your J connection if you're coming to Doha in F? In Sept I'll be in such a situation with a 9hr stopover. Thanks.
lifeonthego_k I very much doubt it! This is about the time between flights not when you are in the lounge. So even if you arrived with under 8 hours to your next flight there is still nine hours between flights!
remdk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 17, 6:29 am
  #1177  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,299
I've been advised that the following rules regarding sleeping rooms have been circulated internally a few days ago:

* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.
stargold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 6:58 pm
  #1178  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Singapore & Globe trotting
Programs: QR Platinum (OWE), TK Classic Plus, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
lifeonthego_k I very much doubt it! This is about the time between flights not when you are in the lounge. So even if you arrived with under 8 hours to your next flight there is still nine hours between flights!
Thanks!
lifeonthego_k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 11:49 am
  #1179  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surrey
Programs: BA
Posts: 237
I suspect this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer by searching. I'm guessing arriving from LHR in BA F and connecting to QR J doesn't give access?

The wording below gives me false hope!
Access is restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers:
- holding a First Class boarding pass* from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours.
s1362083 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 12:25 pm
  #1180  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,869
s1362083 about a year ago OW F passengers were admitted to Al Safwa after being excluded for several months. I have not heard that that rule has changed since then. However you should be aware that QRs website has mixed answers. Some pages say QR F only and others say QR and OW F only!!

In November last year someone in the same position as you was adviced to try for access to Al Safwa and report back what happened. No feedback report has appeared on this forum. I think that means that that they had nothing to complain about!

I can see no reason for you to be denied access so do try.
remdk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 1:54 pm
  #1181  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surrey
Programs: BA
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
s1362083 about a year ago OW F passengers were admitted to Al Safwa after being excluded for several months. I have not heard that that rule has changed since then. However you should be aware that QRs website has mixed answers. Some pages say QR F only and others say QR and OW F only!!

In November last year someone in the same position as you was adviced to try for access to Al Safwa and report back what happened. No feedback report has appeared on this forum. I think that means that that they had nothing to complain about!

I can see no reason for you to be denied access so do try.
Sounds promising, I'll give it a go.

In any case I'll be passing through again a few weeks later catching QR830 F to BKK so should definitely get in that time! I've read about frequent equipment changes and downgrading F to J. If that happens do I also lose All Safwa access as I don't have a F boarding pass?!
s1362083 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 2:23 pm
  #1182  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,869
s1362083 The equipment swaps last year and this year were announced and publicised on this forum in the various 'Operational changes' threads before they were implemented. In fact some provisional swaps for next year have already been announced. If you follow those threads then you should be reasonably sure of an A380.

Unfortunately if you do not have a First class boarding pass then you will not be given access to Al Safwa. This would not apply if you arrive into DOH on longhaul F, but even there there are changes to the rules being implemented.
remdk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 17, 2:37 pm
  #1183  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surrey
Programs: BA
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
s1362083 The equipment swaps last year and this year were announced and publicised on this forum in the various 'Operational changes' threads before they were implemented. In fact some provisional swaps for next year have already been announced. If you follow those threads then you should be reasonably sure of an A380.
​​​​​​Not got much flexibility I'm afraid, but I'll follow the threads and hope for the best!
s1362083 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 17, 8:15 am
  #1184  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Geneva, Dubai, Paris
Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Posts: 1,816
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question but I'd still like to double check:
The new 8 hour rule is only for those arriving in F and departign in J, right?
I'll arrive in DOH at 11.30 PM in J and will depart at 9AM in regional F, therefore I will have access to Al Safwa, correct?

Thanks

Last edited by JohnRain; Apr 25, 17 at 8:26 am
JohnRain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 17, 8:42 am
  #1185  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Posts: 416
Having an onward BP that is F (not including operational upgrades) gives you access to Al Safwa.
GTR56 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread