QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 13, 22, 8:42 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Travel-Quinten
Wiki Link
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass* from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380.
- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access? (coming from LHR in F)

YES

ex. CAI-DOH-HEL

Arrival access? (coming from CAI in F)

NO

But HEL-DOH-CAI will work as DOH-CAI is a departing segment.

Privilege Club Platinum members and other Oneworld Emerald members are not allowed in the Al Safwa First Class Lounge and can only use the "ordinary" First Class Lounge.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 26/5/2017.

Print Wikipost

Old Yesterday, 11:55 am

I am flying the following itenerary BKK->DOH (f) arriving at 5:35 am on July 05, 2023 and then DOH ->CDG(j) on July 06 1:55 am July 06. My second leg was also F but got an email today "due to equipment change your cabin class has been changed". Do you think I will have access to the AS lounge for the whole 20 hour layover? Or is it suggested I enjoy the Al Majour lounge for a few hours (never been there either) and then try my luck with AS?

PS I booked this whole trip just to enjoy A380 F before they are grounded again and to experience the AS lounge

Search this Thread