Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Kevindo2510
I'm looking at some award availability on AA and saw some flights with 15hrs layover at Doha and I'm looking to take the Business class flight from Chicago-Doha-Maldives
1. Do I get Al Mourjan for the whole 15hrs?
2. Do I get AL Safwa for the whole 15hrs if I buy the lounge access?
15hrs sounds painful in AL Mourjan because there is no bed to sleep on
yes AM all 15 hours, AS 6 hours as has been posted many times on this thread
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
May have a chance to transit DOH on an upcoming Saturday between 8AM till Noon or so.
Flying QR-C ...so, i guess I can buy can access to A.S lounge (if I choose to).

Can I buy access after verifying if the sleeping rooms are available (whenever I reach DOH)? Not sure how good the chances to find a sleeping room in that time of the day.

(website is quoting a cheaper 137 USD price in "manage my booking" if I buy ahead of time,,,..but do not want to commit without knowing if the room is available)
Update - I did visit and purchase access to A.S lounge. The front desk checked to see if there was a room available before I paid for access.
The room was actually very useful as I needed a nap that day. It was approx 160USD

Funny part / not so funny part:
I tried to get something to eat at the "restaurant".
I was the only guest wandering the hallways at that time that day (approx 10:30AM) (There were some guests using the sleeping rooms)

Wanted a hot meal. However, the lady said nothing was available.
Lunch service starts at 11AM. They cannot order anything from the lunch menu before 11AM.
(being a vegetarian, lunch menu had at least one hot option I could eat).

I could not come back after 11AM.

She was so disinterested.
Could not get my order right (asked for brown toast, and she gave me white instead; Asked for mint/lemon signature juice and she got me berry smoothie.

The other employees were all chit chatting with each other. No one seemed to want to do anything. (well, they had no customers to be fair).

Finally I just ate a piece of white toast and left...

Well... I paid for a nap and shower...and I received exactly what I paid for.
crackjack and babyg_wc like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:39 pm

Random question - does anyone have an idea of the the whisky’s available in Al Safwa?

I’m surprised that QR F only appears to have Glenfiddich 15 on board (dont get me wrong though, that is a lovely whisky, and I don’t like Chivas as an option), but please do correct me if there are more options in the lounge or on board!

vs the Options NH have it just seems a little light for a luxury Middle East carrier!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Random question - does anyone have an idea of the the whisky’s available in Al Safwa?

I’m surprised that QR F only appears to have Glenfiddich 15 on board (dont get me wrong though, that is a lovely whisky, and I don’t like Chivas as an option), but please do correct me if there are more options in the lounge or on board!

vs the Options NH have it just seems a little light for a luxury Middle East carrier!
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:34 pm

Excellent!, thank you for such a quick response. It would appear that they do not favour whisky in Qatar as much as they do in Japan!
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:03 am

Sorry, another question! It looks like I’ll have a 14h layover (after arriving in J), before connecting on to a flight in F - is it possible to access Al Safwa for this length of time?!
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:40 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Sorry, another question! It looks like I’ll have a 14h layover (after arriving in J), before connecting on to a flight in F - is it possible to access Al Safwa for this length of time?!
Yes you will have access to Al Safwa for the whole duration of your layover.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:38 am

I understand DOH-AMM is marketed as F by QR. Does a RJ code ticket, but operated by QR flight (e.g. RJ 3802), gets you access to Al Safwa? Fare code will be D class so I assume no but thought I would ask. Thanks!

Last edited by cfyed; Mar 25, 2022 at 5:44 am
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Yes you will have access to Al Safwa for the whole duration of your layover.
Perfect!! Thank you
HB7 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:35 am

Due to limited reward seats im booked 1 in first, 2 in business, are QR still doing the paid access to the first lounge?
From what i read BA gold doesnt help, there is no guesting if flying first, and i assume children get charged same as adults?
Thanks for the help
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: QR Plat
I think msm2000uk should alert her ministry of defense. The indefensible just happed.

Was just served scones in al-Safwa. Scones with orange marmelade.

That is all.

-A

Last edited by ph-ndr; Mar 25, 2022 at 10:07 am
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:21 pm

From this thread I understand that AS can be accessed by passengers in transit who’ve arrived into DOH in F, but are then proceeding on in J, so long as the preceding flight in F was longer than 5 hours.

Would this still be applicable if the journey was a reward ticket and not revenue… and if the layover was 20 hours?!

Wondering if there’s any written policy on QR’s website about this, because when I look for the specifics I keep getting taken to the blurb about the lounge with no policies.. TIA
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:04 am

From this thread I understand that AS can be accessed by passengers in transit who’ve arrived into DOH in F, but are then proceeding on in J, so long as the preceding flight in F was longer than 5 hours.

Would this still be applicable if the journey was a reward ticket and not revenue… and if the layover was 20 hours?!

Wondering if there’s any written policy on QR’s website about this, because when I look for the specifics I keep getting taken to the blurb about the lounge with no policies.. TIA
No publicly available written policy as far as I know, but award tickets generally enjoy the same benefit as revenue tickets in terms of lounge access, and I believe others have reported success on this further up. Also, for now at least, the arrival flight in F does not need to be over 5 hours - even DXB-DOH seems to do the trick.

Last edited by stargold; Mar 28, 2022 at 1:17 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I am a qr platinum member and wonder if this access rules for Al Safwa is still valid. om my upcoming trip to the Philippines. The tickets was bought last month.

On https://www.qatarairways.com/ it says addition to First Class passengers, Privilege Club Platinum members travelling Business Class with Qatar Airways can now access Al Safwa First Class Lounge with up to two guest passes.

Om my outbound flights to the Philippines i bought award business class tickets and the booking class i C

Om my inbound flights from the Philippines I bought a business class ticket and the booking class is R

Will I be able to use the Al Safwa lounges on this trips?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

Operated by : Qatar Airwa
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:46 am

Yes, you'll have access as long as your ticket in Business is not with a booking class P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.