QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 27, 21, 8:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: msm2000uk
Wiki Link
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that no upgraded tickets, are granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass* from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380.
- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades / QCredit upgrades to First do not give access.

Arrival access? (coming from LHR in F)

YES

ex. CAI-DOH-HEL

Arrival access? (coming from CAI in F)

NO

But HEL-DOH-CAI will work as DOH-CAI is a departing segment.

Privilege Club Platinum members and other Oneworld Emerald members are not allowed in the Al Safwa First Class Lounge and can only use the "ordinary" First Class Lounge.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 26/5/2017.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 26, 22, 2:49 pm

Only whatever lounge Emerald entitles you to - your flights in Business or First do not matter for the purposes of lounge access because it's a P fare (yes, even the sectors booked in A).

Presently I believe that lounge is Al Mourjan, but that may become downgraded if demand picks up and QR opens the status lounges again.

I would avoid P if R is not a significant additional premium on top.
Old Feb 26, 22, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Only whatever lounge Emerald entitles you to - your flights in Business or First do not matter for the purposes of lounge access because it's a P fare (yes, even the sectors booked in A).

Presently I believe that lounge is Al Mourjan, but that may become downgraded if demand picks up and QR opens the status lounges again.

I would avoid P if R is not a significant additional premium on top.
It's Al Mourjan for Doha at the moment as the First Class Status Lounge is still closed.
For QR Privilege Club Silver and Gold or partner OW Sapphire, the Silver Lounge is open, thus no Al Mourjan access for those passengers when traveling at a Lite fare.
Old Mar 3, 22, 6:17 am

Did I get AS Access with a MLE-F-DOH-C-FRA Award ticket? The flight is under 5 hours.
Old Mar 3, 22, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ICPUI View Post
Did I get AS Access with a MLE-F-DOH-C-FRA Award ticket? The flight is under 5 hours.
Depends which way the wind is blowing. I assumed the 5 hour rule applied still but there seems to be reports in this thread any inbound F flight is okay.

Do report back how you get on!
Old Mar 3, 22, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by ICPUI View Post
They should treat a full award (not upgrade) the same as a paid ticket. Last I believe was reported was that it was open to such (at the very least, as a temporary measure at the time).

[EDIT]Exactly what Schwann said. Do come back and tell us what we’re missing!

Originally Posted by crackjack View Post
Nothing published (par the course for QR), but it seems like there was an internal policy change: QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

There were a few posts around the same time where it was reported that F regional to J long-haul will have access (again, excluding P fares).

[EDIT]One caveat to note: just saw this post suggests that the situation is temporary, but again, nothing published, so…
Old Mar 4, 22, 9:15 am

Programs: Free agent
Currently here.

estnet, SW7London, aks120 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 22, 10:03 am

jmail1 - your pictures are great. Thank you!
jmail1 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 22, 7:22 pm

Programs: Free agent
Old Mar 5, 22, 7:36 pm

My husband and I are both Platinum QR Privilege Club members, and are flying business class on our next trip. Our friends are also flying business class that day from Doha but to a different destination as us - both are not platinum members. Are we allowed to bring them as our guests in the Al Safwa lounge?
Old Mar 6, 22, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by pbmac88 View Post
My husband and I are both Platinum QR Privilege Club members, and are flying business class on our next trip. Our friends are also flying business class that day from Doha but to a different destination as us - both are not platinum members. Are we allowed to bring them as our guests in the Al Safwa lounge?
Yes, QR Plats (flying in business) can guest +2 to Al-Safwa, as long as they are also flying in business class (incl. on P fares), regardless of flight destination.

I was guested once on this basis (I flew to JFK, my friend who guested me was flying to SIN).
Old Mar 6, 22, 8:26 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Pursh View Post
Yes, QR Plats (flying in business) can guest +2 to Al-Safwa, as long as they are also flying in business class (incl. on P fares), regardless of flight destination.

I was guested once on this basis (I flew to JFK, my friend who guested me was flying to SIN).
Are you sure QR Plats flying on P fare will get AS access?
Old Mar 6, 22, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by kl1987 View Post
Are you sure QR Plats flying on P fare will get AS access?
No, I meant that a QR Plat eligible for Al-Safwa access can guest 2 people into the lounge (assuming they are also flying business, but even P fares can be guested).
Old Mar 6, 22, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pursh View Post

Thank you!
Old Mar 7, 22, 7:33 am

May have a chance to transit DOH on an upcoming Saturday between 8AM till Noon or so.
Flying QR-C ...so, i guess I can buy can access to A.S lounge (if I choose to).

Can I buy access after verifying if the sleeping rooms are available (whenever I reach DOH)? Not sure how good the chances to find a sleeping room in that time of the day.

(website is quoting a cheaper 137 USD price in "manage my booking" if I buy ahead of time,,,..but do not want to commit without knowing if the room is available)
Old Mar 7, 22, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf View Post
Can I buy access after verifying if the sleeping rooms are available (whenever I reach DOH)? Not sure how good the chances to find a sleeping room in that time of the day.
I remember others have been able to ask at the front desk who are able to confirm up front whether they can get a room for the guest first.
ft4lyf likes this.

Search this Thread