QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 27, 21, 8:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: msm2000uk
Wiki Link
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that no upgraded tickets, are granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass* from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380.
- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades / QCredit upgrades to First do not give access.

Arrival access? (coming from LHR in F)

YES

ex. CAI-DOH-HEL

Arrival access? (coming from CAI in F)

NO

But HEL-DOH-CAI will work as DOH-CAI is a departing segment.

Privilege Club Platinum members and other Oneworld Emerald members are not allowed in the Al Safwa First Class Lounge and can only use the "ordinary" First Class Lounge.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 26/5/2017.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 23, 20, 6:03 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Was in AS today. LGD was flowing freely 😊

Jeremy Clarkson was also in the lounge. Which celebrities have you spotted there before?
NoY, Genius1 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Feb 24, 20, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by kl1987 View Post
Was in AS today. LGD was flowing freely 😊

Jeremy Clarkson was also in the lounge. Which celebrities have you spotted there before?
Hopefully his food wasn't cold...
Genius1 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Feb 28, 20, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
LGD 2006 today. Although no rose champagne available, although I do see some display bottles.
Old Mar 3, 20, 9:14 pm

I have just purchased access to Al Safwa lounge. I have nearly a 12 hour layover in Doha. I primarily did this so I could get a few hours sleep. My plan due to the maximum 6 hours access is to go to Al Mourjan until I feel the need for sleep then move across to Al Safwa for the last 6 hours of my layover. Does that sound sensible? I ask this as I think about the enforcement of the 6 hours rule.
Old Mar 4, 20, 4:55 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by qasr View Post
Hopefully his food wasn't cold...
I hope he didn't order the steak!!! lol
Old Mar 5, 20, 12:07 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Leninist View Post
I have just purchased access to Al Safwa lounge. I have nearly a 12 hour layover in Doha. I primarily did this so I could get a few hours sleep. My plan due to the maximum 6 hours access is to go to Al Mourjan until I feel the need for sleep then move across to Al Safwa for the last 6 hours of my layover. Does that sound sensible? I ask this as I think about the enforcement of the 6 hours rule.
But if you purchase access to AS, wouldn't that let you spend all the time in there and not bother with AM? It's only the beds that are time limited if I recall correctly.

-A
Old Mar 5, 20, 1:54 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by ph-ndr View Post
But if you purchase access to AS, wouldn't that let you spend all the time in there and not bother with AM? It's only the beds that are time limited if I recall correctly.

-A
Paid access has a 6 hour limit if I'm not mistaken.
Old Mar 5, 20, 3:56 am

Programs: QR Plat
My bad.

-A
Old Mar 5, 20, 4:17 am

Programs: qatar airways
But there are reports of people staying longer.

Personally I would grab a room for the 6 hours and then maybe grab some food and have a wander for an hour if it was permitted. They are very strict, and rightly so, on time spent in the private bedroom.
Old Mar 9, 20, 10:47 am

Yes, I've found this informally enforced though for the whole lounge - I stayed there on a seven hour layover and was told 'not to worry about it'. For the rooms, I got a polite door knock after 5hrs 50 mins reminding me.
Old Mar 9, 20, 11:58 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I just found out this from IATA website as of 3/9/2020...
1. Passengers who have been in Bangladesh, China (People's Rep.), Egypt, India, Iran, Iraq, Korea (Rep.), Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Syria or Thailand in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Qatar.

I will fly into DOH from CNX and I have 19 hours layover there, so my first plan was to enter Qatar and stay at a hotel.
However, now I can't enter Qatar, so I need to stay in airside until my next departure.
I have award business tickets, so I believe I can use Al Safwa lounge sleeping room for 6 hours if I pay 600QR.
I want to confirm that the 6 hours limit is just for the sleeping rooms. Also, am I able to in/out the lounge multiple times?
Also, is it better to stay at the transit hotel (Oryx Airport Hotel ) for such a long layover?
Please advise...
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:01 pm

There is a 6 hour limit for anyone using the sleeping rooms. Paid access to Al Safwa is also limited to 6 hours.

You'll be able to go in and out of Al Mourjan throughout the layover if you have J tickets.

It's a long stop, you might prefer the hotel for a longer sleep although it is pricey. Better value if there are two of you though.
MrJBoy likes this.
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
There is a 6 hour limit for anyone using the sleeping rooms. Paid access to Al Safwa is also limited to 6 hours.
Exactly what Johnnieboy said - you might get some flexibility ±1hr or so, but as soon as they see you've got a 17hr layover, they will make sure you leave after 6, maybe 7 hours.
MrJBoy likes this.
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by gbeb View Post
Exactly what Johnnieboy said - you might get some flexibility ±1hr or so, but as soon as they see you've got a 17hr layover, they will make sure you leave after 6, maybe 7 hours.
Exactly. And also bear in mind that the sleeping rooms are subject to availability when you turn up, so not guaranteed when you want one. The sleep/quiet areas of the lounges might also be a bit busier with all the newly enforced airside only long transit passengers...
Old Mar 10, 20, 6:03 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Apparently Economy class passengers can now purchase access to the First Class Lounge - has anyone been able to access?

Search this Thread