Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Jgp777
Was there yesterday. They are very strict on the 6 hour time limit. They make you sign a sheet of paper saying if you would like to extend it by another 6 hours, you have to pay QAR 460 (roughly USD 120). The lounge attendant I got was outride rude, I had to complain to his supervisor.
And I had exactly the opposite experience last time I was there earlier this year. Arrived just after midnight. Attendant told me about the six hour limit, but also said that they were nearly empty, so invited me to use the room as long as I liked.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I am coming in TRV-DOH on QR J, landing early in the morning (something like 6am) with a 10 hour connection in DOH before continuing QR J DOH-LHR. My questions are:

1. I can still pay to use al-Safwa as I am in QR J right? OWE if that matters.
2. Should it be easy to get a room to sleep in at that time? 6 hour should be sufficient to feel human again.
3. The 6hr limit is just on the room? I can stay in the lounge for the full 8+ hours before I need to go to the gate for my connection?

Thanks! Would be great to be able to get 5-6 hrs of sleep in a bed between these flights.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I am coming in TRV-DOH on QR J, landing early in the morning (something like 6am) with a 10 hour connection in DOH before continuing QR J DOH-LHR. My questions are:

1. I can still pay to use al-Safwa as I am in QR J right? OWE if that matters.
2. Should it be easy to get a room to sleep in at that time? 6 hour should be sufficient to feel human again.
3. The 6hr limit is just on the room? I can stay in the lounge for the full 8+ hours before I need to go to the gate for my connection?

Thanks! Would be great to be able to get 5-6 hrs of sleep in a bed between these flights.
1.Yes
2. typically yes
3. apparently there are different experiences, and maybe lately they became more strict. I visited last June, we occupied the room less than 6 hours as requested, then we had breakfast and remained in the lounge for about 8 hours total. Staff was very friendly and encouraged us to stay until time to board for our flight. However, if you read above, some others had different experiences so YMMV.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by drmish1
Interesting - thanks.

1) can you use the Qatar stopover program on award tickets?
2) how would you actually book this if arriving at 5am (bearing in mind check-in usually not until 11am at best), and departing late that evening (same day) to get back to al Safwa ? - either you would not get in to the room upon arrival, or, if booked for the night before, would be kicked out of the room at midday-ish..... unless I'm mistaken?
Here's the details of the stopover program:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...-stopover.html

As long as you're 12h plus between flights, from what I gather it should work even on a award ticked.

You can check in any time, I personally checked in at 5h30 am and stayed until the next morning 6am.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by afmiami
1.Yes
2. typically yes
3. apparently there are different experiences, and maybe lately they became more strict. I visited last June, we occupied the room less than 6 hours as requested, then we had breakfast and remained in the lounge for about 8 hours total. Staff was very friendly and encouraged us to stay until time to board for our flight. However, if you read above, some others had different experiences so YMMV.
Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Too Many
Back from another trip to heaven on layover. Not sure why anyone even questions the $170--always worth it just to get away from masses at AM. Place was busier than I've ever seen it--had probably 20 people in it lol. They need to step up on liquor selection and food choices, but VC LGD is always acceptable. But serving the duck rose--yuk!
BTW, rooms were MUCH cooler this time than in past. They must have turned on AC ;-)

Last edited by texex91; Dec 11, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I'm QR Plat and will be flying paid J with my partner in February. If I use my Qcredits/miles to upgrade him will he be able to access AS with me or should I rather just buy J ticket for him too?

The rule only says business class but says nothing about upgraded or paid.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:33 pm

What is the best shower to ask for with a quick one hour connection? Anyone had luck getting a sleeping room purely for a shower?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Al Safwa lounge on Dec 19th. Johnny Walker Blue Label and Dom Perpignan being served.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Al Safwa lounge on Dec 19th. Johnny Walker Blue Label and Dom Perpignan being served.
Hmm, no more LGD or Hibiki master select or is it in addition to the FT favorites?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by fender5787
Hmm, no more LGD or Hibiki master select or is it in addition to the FT favorites?
Has changed to try to poach EK and BA F passengers directly, perhaps? :P
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fender5787
Had LGD on 20th Dec and no sight of Dom... YMMV...
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Veuve clicquot grande dame was also being served on the 19th.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Lounge supervisor tells me they only had one bottle of Dom and that it was “a sample” (for Sully). They might actually offer it in the future.

Krug is only served on Christmas (Eve) he says. Technically it is, but no luck this year.

I mean I tried.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Blue Label is still here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.