Baby bassinets in Business - twins

Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, AAdvantage
Baby bassinets in Business - twins

We have little twin boys, currently 10 weeks old. We're toying with flying to Dubai or Abu Dhabi in Jan or Feb and flying with QR if we can get reasonable business class fares (which it looks as if we can). Are there bassinets in business on the 380...? Critically, are there 2? Or same for 787? I would probably avoid 777 or 330 or 346 due to old product.

Also, is there a chance of getting one of those electric vehicle transfers at Doh? Last time I transferred it was a huge walk. Not a problem before we had babies but with hand baggage etc and a baby each, I wouldn't fancy having to run. I always assume the electric vehicles are for elderly or disabled passengers but would small twins count?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
The bassinets in J are at the same position as the 787, 10A and 10K
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Abyssin
Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Abyssin
The bassinets on the 787 are in row 1, centre pair of seats (EF). I'm not sure if there are 2 or if it is just the E seat.

You can call your local QR office to confirm and to check if those seats are free on the flights you want.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:44 am

The bassinet seats on the 787 are 1A and 1K, on opposite sides of the cabin. They are also blocked seats on most seating plans. 1E and 1F hare ordinary seats except for having that annoying piece of furniture in front ot them
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
I've got twins and regularly fly QR with them. Bare in mind that they will only just fit in the bassinets in February - and if they're crawling by then (they will be 6 months old then, right? So they might be almost crawling) then you might not have much luck getting them to stay in the bassinets! But you should be OK at that age. I found it was from 8 months onwards that flights started to get 'challenging'.

I've also found that you need to nag everyone you meet from QR, starting with going into an office now, and talking to check-in, and then at the gate and then on board, to make sure those bassinets are definitely yours. Don't assume that because one person has said yes, that it has filtered down. Keep nagging and you'll be fine, but if you think you've booked them and then relax, that's when you can get a nasty surprise on the day.

As for a golf cart at DOH, you're not supposed to have access to them, but on our last flight out in August we managed to flag one down and persuade him to take us down to our gate, which was all the way down in E. He told us he wasn't supposed to do it though. I don't know how we would have managed it otherwise.

But at 10 months I presume you will have a stroller with you anyway? (I would definitely take one if you can). And if not, there are plenty available at HIA.

There is meant to be a train opening soon at HIA, but I have heard from someone very senior at the airport that they are having huge issues with it, so I wouldn't bank on it being available by then.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
In terms of the mobility issue, and requesting the electric buggy, you can advise you need mobility assistance within Manage My Booking on the QR website.

Whether they send a wheelchair or an electric buggy, will be luck of the draw, but it may be helpful.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:59 pm

I saw well built, able bodied adults use the electric buggy so you should be fine....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.