Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Flight cancelled, options?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Help! Flight cancelled, options?

Hi; I am due to fly out tonight from Bali (DPS) to Doho and connect onto Stockholm. However, DPS airport is closed due to volcanic ash. I 'think' it will be closed for next 12 hours. I called QR in Bali and they cannot give me any information, or re book my onto another flight, yet. They will contact me in due course. They have no idea how long 'due course' will be? Do I need to book hotels for tonight etc?

I am flying business, and I am BA Gold Guest List, one world emerald.

Whom is best to call about getting re booked? Bali office? Doho? Do they have a premium call centre?

Do QR re route passangers, can I call BA GGL line?

Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by iainbean
Hi; I am due to fly out tonight from Bali (DPS) to Doho and connect onto Stockholm. However, DPS airport is closed due to volcanic ash. I 'think' it will be closed for next 12 hours. I called QR in Bali and they cannot give me any information, or re book my onto another flight, yet. They will contact me in due course. They have no idea how long 'due course' will be? Do I need to book hotels for tonight etc?

I am flying business, and I am BA Gold Guest List, one world emerald.

Whom is best to call about getting re booked? Bali office? Doho? Do they have a premium call centre?

Do QR re route passangers, can I call BA GGL line?

Thanks everyone!
Yes, the fact that DPS is closed for 12 hours is on the news here in Australia. No flights are operating to anywhere, and 12 hours is their best guess. Did you take any travel insurance ? If so. the first thing I would do is book in somewhere - the insurance policy being your fallback situation.

Now comes the questions ?
Is your travel Award or Revenue ? did you book through a TA or OTA - if you did, it's their job to sort you out.
As a normal process, QR will automatically put you on their next flight. It's just communication that's the problem.

The nearest Indonesian alternative airport would be Lombok - you could get there relatively cheaply by boat. I don't know whether that airport is operational though - limited destinations as well.

Good luck
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:14 am

The best option is to stay near the airport, then book the earliest flight out of DPS to the nearest international airport, CGK or SIN and from there, connect to onward flights to final destination. The reason is that ash cloud is very unpredictable, and between the time the airport is reopen till your flight, there is a danger that the airport maybe close again, so get on to the earliest flight out, then re route from there. QR has 3 daily flights ex SIN, so better onward connections

Read the news every 2-3 hours for an update. I was stuck in Iceland 4 years again during the big hooha, so i waited till they reissued me a ticket, which is 24 hours later before leaving the airport for accommodation in the city.

insurance may not cover this due to natural events
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
QR Premium Number for Doha is +974 4023 0030
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:59 am

Hope you get sorted out shortly.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If this is the only QR flight from DPS, check what happened to the inbound flight. If it's cancelled and the aircraft isn't on the ground in DPS, then your flight will surely be cancelled instead of just delayed.

If you don't have good travel insurance, I would first try to have QR rebook you without collecting any fees or additional fare. If you rebook yourself at high last minute prices, you cannot expect QR to do anything beyond giving you a refund for the QR flight that was cancelled.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: SAS eurobonus Flying Blue
Just Phone Qatar Airways Doha ticketing +97440230000
They are friendly and fast, just rebooked my flight from Shanghai on 12/7, which I had booked via an OTA. No problem for QR had a new ticket via my e-mail within a few minutes.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
QR RE PROTECTION POLICY FOR THE ASH CLOUD SITUATION IN BALI, INDONESIA

Due to the ongoing activity of volcanic ash cloud from RAUNG Volcano within Indonesia and due to DPS Aerodrome closure caused by the same volcanic ash cloud activity,

Qatar Airways flights to and from Denpasar Bali (DPS) are experiencing disruptions to the scheduled services.

This policy applies to those passengers who hold a confirmed reservation and a confirmed
QR (157) ticket issued on or prior to 10th Jul 2015, for travel between 10th Jul and 13th Jul 2015.
Whose flight is/has been cancelled.

You are advised not to send passengers to Doha on all onward flights to DPS if the particular flight is cancelled or without a confirmed onward DPS
booking for today the 10th July and may include this weekend of the 11th to 12th July’15.

Passengers checking in where onward DPS flight is cancelled, won’t be allowed to board up to DOHA.

 Rebook for the same DPS journey within 14 days of the original travel date using Qatar Airways services.
 The new date of travel must be within 14 days of the original ticket date of travel using Qatar Airways services only.
 Rebooking should be made in the original ticketed class. Where this is not available, re booking should be made in the lowest available class in the same cabin.
 Re booking in a higher cabin is Not permitted.
 Where the new travel date is more than 14 days from the original, rebooking may be made in the ORIGINAL BOOKING CLASS ONLY. One FOC change only allowed for re protection.
( For any re protection on any higher booking classes - Fare difference must be collected on the same DPS flights. One FOC change only allowed for re protection.)

 Tickets must be re issued with endorsement box message “INVOL RRT DUE FX VOLCANO DPS ’’
 All bookings must also be updated with SR message “INVOL RRT DUE FX VOLCANO DPS ’’
 On cases where passenger/s is/are unable to accept any alternative flights,
Full Refund is allowed to the original form of payment.
 Endorsement & SR messages should still be entered & placed for any Full Refund process.

For passengers holding a confirmed reservation to travel the above mentioned and effected destinations/Flights , but who do not hold a confirmed ticket.
 Book on another QR service with the new and current fares collected.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:26 am

Dear Sam Bee,
From where you get this protection policy rules? Are you working in Qatar?
Please help us, my wife had to stay in Doha 3days, and we got offers full refund but now the agency don't want help us, always tell the qatar have to allow it first, but we already waiting mostly 2 months...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.