Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gold (OW Emerald) status shown on BP?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LX SEN, EK Silver
BA Gold (OW Emerald) status shown on BP?

Hello,

Flying with QR in a couple days from now, but I cannot find my BA gold card anywhere . I do have the card number handy and have called QR to ask them to add the number to my booking.

Will my status show on my boarding pass - and is this a means usually accepted for lounge access, etc? Will I be able to use premium check in without having the card on me?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Yes to all.

If your number is in your reservation (can be checked in manage my booking or during online check-in, too!), there should be no need to actually have a physical card with you. I have never been asked for one when checking-in in the premium/ff lane nor when entering most lounges.
In most airports they give you a lounge-invitation anyway when checking-in.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
It's always useful to have a copy of your card, especially when flying on partner airlines, and relying on 3rd party lounges. If you can, print out a copy of your card. It might save some hassle along the way, and won't take long. You can also show the "card" on the BA app, but if they are asking to see your card, they'll perfer something tangible.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by shefgab
It's always useful to have a copy of your card, especially when flying on partner airlines, and relying on 3rd party lounges. If you can, print out a copy of your card. It might save some hassle along the way, and won't take long. You can also show the "card" on the BA app, but if they are asking to see your card, they'll perfer something tangible.
Absolutely! The oneworld logo with the status-color seems particularly important (had this in PEK once where i just had to point the color out, and the lounge attendant would let me in). However, you should be fine without, if you really can't find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.