FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Question on Alcohol during Ramadan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1680101-question-alcohol-during-ramadan.html)

iainbean May 15, 2015 12:50 am

Question on Alcohol during Ramadan

Hi all, I have read some previous posts on service during Ramadan. I am booked in business to fly ARN - Doha - Bali during Ramadan
- Is there alcohol services during flights, will I notice any differance?
- In the lounge in Doha, is Alcohol served?
- I have a 10 hour layover and have booked the airport hotel in Doha, can I get a nice drink there ;-)

Thanks!

I love a good drink before a long flight, hence my post

Pook May 15, 2015 1:46 am

I haven't flown QR during Ramadan but I have flown EK with an overnight, 2 nights stay, in Dubai. There was alcohol services on board and at the lounge throughout the whole day. In Dubai itself we can only order food and alcohol only through room service during the day time.

remdk May 15, 2015 1:47 am

Why not read "QR Beverages During Ramadan" just 5 threads down?

DeepUnderground May 15, 2015 1:52 am

Is it not possible perhaps to abstain on this one time though, out of respect for your hosts?

VH-RMD May 15, 2015 5:03 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground (Post 24818665)
Is it not possible perhaps to abstain on this one time though, out of respect for your hosts?

Ummm, he is a customer unless QR are providing all of this for free.

Pook May 15, 2015 5:56 am

The "host", Qatar Airways, is offering the alcohol I believe so one is showing respect by accepting the drinks if they chose to. Also, perhaps to show absolute respect then perhaps no alcohol at anytime of the year because they are an islamic country and to drink alcohol is against the teaching of the Quran is it not?

Enjoy your bubblies if you're in business or above :cool:

Cheers!

moeser May 16, 2015 3:45 am

In addition you should abstain food & water during the day on Ramadan !

Btw.Respect is a mutual thing.

remdk May 16, 2015 1:02 pm

moeser For travellers and several other groups of people the rules of Ramadan, especially fasting, are apparently waived.

DeepUnderground May 17, 2015 1:04 am

Originally Posted by moeser (Post 24823875)
In addition you should abstain food & water during the day on Ramadan !

Btw.Respect is a mutual thing.

Agreed. I definitely eat in private or fast during Ramadan out of respect.

moeser May 17, 2015 4:53 am

Originally Posted by remdk (Post 24825555)
moeser For travellers and several other groups of people the rules of Ramadan, especially fasting, are apparently waived.

Indeed they are including the rules for Salaat.

iztok May 17, 2015 6:18 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground (Post 24827492)
Agreed. I definitely eat in private or fast during Ramadan out of respect.

I on the other hand respect my beliefs and eat based on those. Bacon infused vodka for Ramadan is in.

iainbean May 19, 2015 6:30 am

I have no problem at all with other people and their beliefs, and I am very accepting of them. However, if QR wish to be a 5 star international airline and a member of one world, then they should respect each individual beliefs, and I don't believe in Ramadan, or anything associated with it. So why, when I fork out 5k on a flight from Europe to Bali, do I get no wine?. If you wish to fast during Ramadan, great, fast. Don't make me fast with you

impeymac May 19, 2015 6:38 am

Originally Posted by iainbean (Post 24837641)
I have no problem at all with other people and their beliefs, and I am very accepting of them. However, if QR wish to be a 5 star international airline and a member of one world, then they should respect each individual beliefs, and I don't believe in Ramadan, or anything associated with it. So why, when I fork out 5k on a flight from Europe to Bali, do I get no wine?. If you wish to fast during Ramadan, great, fast. Don't make me fast with you

When flying long haul the alcohol will continue to flow. It's the lounges (& intra-Gulf flights) that have no alcohol during Ramadan.

iainbean May 19, 2015 6:40 am

Originally Posted by impeymac (Post 24837666)
When flying long haul the alcohol will continue to flow. It's the lounges (& intra-Gulf flights) that have no alcohol during Ramadan.

Panic over. It must be the irish in me ;)

impeymac May 19, 2015 7:12 am

Originally Posted by iainbean (Post 24837669)
Panic over. It must be the irish in me ;)

LOL. No bother ^