Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Crisu69
True and i asked them for the reason: The new business class lounge for gold members was under maintenance and closed therefore. When this work if finished Al Murjan will be closed for gold and economy again.
is there another business lounge or it is the same old but under maintenance?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by tboons
is there another business lounge or it is the same old but under maintenance?
Some weeks ago a new "business and first class lounge" was open. All Qatar gold+platin membery in Y are then send to this lounges. Before opening they were send to Al Mourjan, but this was only a temporary thing. This two new lounges or maybe you call them old are under maintenance. Did not ask how long.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Some weeks ago a new "business and first class lounge" was open. All Qatar gold+platin membery in Y are then send to this lounges. Before opening they were send to Al Mourjan, but this was only a temporary thing. This two new lounges or maybe you call them old are under maintenance. Did not ask how long.
The ever amazing QR 5* communication strategy.... I can't understand how QR fail to understand the value of information. In all levels.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
The refurbished business class lounge is open. As a OW S travelling in QR Y I get to this lounge. The Al Mourjan access for folks like me was just temporary. This has been covered ad-nauseum in other threads.

QR DID say that the Al Mourjan access for folks like me was just temporary. I was aware of it. Others apparently did not listen or ignored the QR comments until they were denied access to Al Mourjan, and then they complained. uhhh??

I am not commenting on QR's communication, just stating the obvious, based on my experience and awareness.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by tmac100
The refurbished business class lounge is open. As a OW S travelling in QR Y I get to this lounge. The Al Mourjan access for folks like me was just temporary. This has been covered ad-nauseum in other threads.

QR DID say that the Al Mourjan access for folks like me was just temporary. I was aware of it. Others apparently did not listen or ignored the QR comments until they were denied access to Al Mourjan, and then they complained. uhhh??

I am not commenting on QR's communication, just stating the obvious, based on my experience and awareness.
Well written - this is a true story.

BUT, the Op in post 44 said, that once again, he was sent to Al Mourjan (as a Y flying, QR Gold).
He/she said that they were turned away from the from the correctly designated lounge - it was Closed for maintenance.

The question is, what does closed for maintenance mean. A plumbing problem and closed for 1 day, a paint job and closed for a week, or a re-design and closed for a year.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:38 pm

Economy passengers with status are still allowed in as of this morning. The lady said its temporary arrangement and not sure till when. Enjoy Krug while it lasts!

Breakfast is indeed disappointing.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by tmac100
The new business class lounge was open and then later again closed for some kind of maintenance. Last weekend i walked to the business class lounge. Was travelling in Y and OWS. No one was inside the lounge and the lady send me to Al Mourjan because business class was closed at that time. Did not ask how long or what they are doing.

I think everybody know now that access to Al Mourjan for Y and OWE OWS was only temporary.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
The ever amazing QR 5* communication strategy.... I can't understand how QR fail to understand the value of information. In all levels.
Ha! Indeed. Communication in language and signage.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Any recent experiences with regards to Al Murjan access for status passengers traveling in Y? Is the regular Business Class lounge still undergoing maintenance (and temporary access to Al Murjan therefore granted)?

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:02 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Any recent experiences with regards to Al Murjan access for status passengers traveling in Y? Is the regular Business Class lounge still undergoing maintenance (and temporary access to Al Murjan therefore granted)?

Thanks
The Al Mourjan has now returned to being a lounge for QR Premium passengers only.

Those holding OneWorld status, and travelling in Y, have the choice of the HIA First Class lounge (OWE Emerald) or the HIA Business Class lounge (OWE Sapphire).
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The Al Mourjan has now returned to being a lounge for QR Premium passengers only.

Those holding OneWorld status, and travelling in Y, have the choice of the HIA First Class lounge (OWE Emerald) or the HIA Business Class lounge (OWE Sapphire).
Thanks for the info, msm2000uk.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:10 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Glad that was answered. In the same boat tomorrow morning and was wondering which lounge (if I have time)

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Thanks for the info, msm2000uk.
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Glad that was answered. In the same boat tomorrow morning and was wondering which lounge (if I have time)

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Happy to help.

Enjoy the QR experience.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

Yup, I concur. OWS travelling in Y = me into the HIA Business Class lounge this past week end... I know this will continue, so why bother with these questions???
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Can I access the HIA Business Class lounge using my MH Gold card (OWS)? My boarding pass won't have it as I'm earning with QR for my upcoming flight in Y. Or do they need my MH details on my boarding pass as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.