Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Doha

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
As you are in Y, QR will not provide an STPC for you.
Have I missed something, where does it say that?
Old May 18, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by impeymac
Have I missed something, where does it say that?
This is not correct. STPC is availabke for all Biz-fares, all First-fares in addition to all Economy-fares of N and higher (this means i.e. O is not eligible).

Of course you also have to fulfill the remaining "requirements" as well.
Old May 18, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sexten
This is not correct. STPC is availabke for all Biz-fares, all First-fares in addition to all Economy-fares of N and higher (this means i.e. O is not eligible).

I was definitely not "eligible" when I had an "I" class Business ticket 2 weeks ago. I called twice and both said "I" class was excluded. And yes I fulfilled all requirements.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP

Award fares in business and first are not eligible.

OP was actually asking about the tour of Doha. Which shouldn't depend on fare at all or class of service.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
I was definitely not "eligible" when I had an "I" class Business ticket 2 weeks ago. I called twice and both said "I" class was excluded. And yes I fulfilled all requirements.
Either they have changed their own requirements very recently or you're getting the wrong information. I've flown in I several times, and never been denied STPC. Every time at Oryx Rotana.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Either they have changed their own requirements very recently or you're getting the wrong information. I've flown in I several times, and never been denied STPC. Every time at Oryx Rotana.
I've had upgraded flights show up as "I" and paid flights show up as "I". I think for a paid I fare (and fulfilling all other requirements) it shouldn't be a problem. But this discussion belongs in the STPC thread.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:39 am

Any word on when Priority Pass would re-instate lounge access in Doha ? Oryx Lounge in the old airport used to be part of the program... not any more at Hamad.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:31 am

As platenium member I was put in the First class lounge (at the entry) earlier this week instead of the Al Mourjan lounge..
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by BelgianRally
As platenium member I was put in the First class lounge (at the entry) earlier this week instead of the Al Mourjan lounge..
Assuming you were not flying in J or F then that is correct is it not?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Silvafer
I just transited through Doha with an economy flight and a GOLD card. I was rejected at the Al Mourjan entrance and had to go to another lounge. I was set aback because no explanation was offered: Qatar should have informed members about the new policies rather that rejecting quite rudely at the entrance.

If this is the standard to which GOLD is now treated by Qatar in their own airport, it is not really worth the effort.... I should consider shifting with other companies that offer a better value for mileage and a better experience in transit. I wonder if ethiad would be better, for example?
I believe Etihad Guest Gold travelling in Y (economy) ex-AUH cannot use EY premium lounge either - they can only use the Al Reem lounge. So how is that different than what QR is doing?

If you think EY provides better value and they can take you to where you need to go then I'd say you should consider it though don't forget to take into account the fact that QR is part of OW (which gives you OWS benefits) as well as Etihad Guest's recent redemption devaluation.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Rivarix
I believe Etihad Guest Gold travelling in Y (economy) ex-AUH cannot use EY premium lounge either - they can only use the Al Reem lounge. So how is that different than what QR is doing?
It was (at least supposed to be) a temporary measure while the general lounge capacity at AUH is constrained due to the renovations. Theoretically, once the renovations are finished, Golds should get access (although it wouldn't surprise me if they change their minds in the meantime)

In any case, EY Platinum gets Premium access (and probably F lounge once it opens), whereas QR Platinum doesn't get Al Mourjan or Al Safwa access.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Assuming you were not flying in J or F then that is correct is it not?
In the past year I always had the Al Mourjan lounge on platinum membership.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by BelgianRally
In the past year I always had the Al Mourjan lounge on platinum membership.
Yes that was a temporary arrangement which has now come to and end. The communication around this change was poor even by QR's standards.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Guys I am happy to report that Gold Members traveling in economy are being accepted in Al Murjan Lounge. I flew economy today and the lady directed me to Al Murjan Lounge.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by QatarA340
Guys I am happy to report that Gold Members traveling in economy are being accepted in Al Murjan Lounge. I flew economy today and the lady directed me to Al Murjan Lounge.
True and i asked them for the reason: The new business class lounge for gold members was under maintenance and closed therefore. When this work if finished Al Murjan will be closed for gold and economy again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.