Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Why does QR not notify you of schedule changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

This is now the third schedule change I have had on QR flights in the last couple of months and the 3rd time I have received no notification from QR. Fortunately I have the my flights app loaded so I get notified. Once I go online and accept the changes then I get a notification e-mail from QR telling me I have accepted the changes - so they definitely have my e-mail address. This latest change is for a flight departing tomorrow, and they have brought the departure time forwards by 40 minutes, surely they should be doing everything to advise passengers of such a change! Ok rant over.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: QR Gold
Did you log your FF number? I get notifications about changes, though late... i use checkmytrip and get notifications straight away and QR email me about 4 week before i fly..
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cundall
Did you log your FF number? I get notifications about changes, though late... i use checkmytrip and get notifications straight away and QR email me about 4 week before i fly..
Should be called "CheckMyQRTrip" as it is very good at doing the basic job that you would expect from an airline.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Should be called "CheckMyQRTrip" as it is very good at doing the basic job that you would expect from an airline.

^^^
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: BA BD SA
checkmytrip just notified me of the same change (though my flight is still more than a week away). Nothing from QR.

The interesting thing about that change is that the flight is now scheduled to leave 40 minutes earlier - but still arrive at the same time! How does that work - are they going to take the scenic route?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
checkmytrip just notified me of the same change (though my flight is still more than a week away). Nothing from QR.

The interesting thing about that change is that the flight is now scheduled to leave 40 minutes earlier - but still arrive at the same time! How does that work - are they going to take the scenic route?
There have been certain flight route changes from Africa to Middle East where they are avoiding flying over certain countries (can't recall at the top of my head). I know ex. Nbo it is adding 30-45 minutes on total flight time.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Gold
I was notified by email of a recent change of only 10 minutes to the departure time of a BKK-CDG flight.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
There have been certain flight route changes from Africa to Middle East where they are avoiding flying over certain countries (can't recall at the top of my head). I know ex. Nbo it is adding 30-45 minutes on total flight time.
I think it is to avoid flying over Yemen which the QR flight does from CPT and JNB, so that would make sense as to the extra 40 minutes to fly around Yemen rather than over it.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I think it is to avoid flying over Yemen which the QR flight does from CPT and JNB, so that would make sense as to the extra 40 minutes to fly around Yemen rather than over it.
Ah. Makes sense now.

Have now been informed (via MyFlights) of the change to the departure time for DOH/CPT. Again, no email!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PLT
QR seems to do this no notification thing a lot. I learned just by chance when I was rechecking my departure time. And they had changed me from a flight with 5 hour connection in Doha to one with a 2 DAY layover in Doha. Not acceptable. I got it worked out, but am really glad I was paying attention. Now I recheck and recheck obsessively.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I have just had an email from QR advising me of a time-change on a flight for October. Although its only a 10 minute difference, QR have sent me a new E-Ticket email.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Just flown from cairo yesterday and there was a change because of Egypt not adopting daylight savings this summer . I was emailed and received a telephone call about the change .
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
I recheck every single day, even for flights almost a year ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.