Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
QR/CX to and from Hong Kong

Update October 2019.

CX used to fly to DOH, but this route was cancelled in February 2016, so now all flights are on QR metal although codeshared by CX.

Currently, QR operates the B777-300ER (and occasionally B777-200LR, for operational reasons) to Hong Kong and these aircraft sometimes have QSuite.

Lounges at HKG International Airport

Plaza Premium First Lounge -This is the default QR contract lounge for customers travelling in Business Class. You may however use any OneWorld Business lounge, or any OneWorld First lounge if you have Emerald status.

The Pier – This lounge is the newest lounge at HKG. Multiple reviews can be found online of its offerings, It is an excellent J lounge. Access is quite far by Gate 65. The F Pier is good. Access is for OneWorld Emerald, and QRPC Platinum Cardholders. It is located by Gate 63.

The Wing – It has been refurbished. The J lounge is to the left of immigration. You have to go one floor down for J lounge and near Gate 3 (F lounge is at same level as immigration, just to the left). It is often crowded as it is convenient. Most prefer the Pier J lounge but that can be quite far from the QR gates. The F lounge is nice It is located immediately to the left as you come through Border Control. Some prefer the F food at the Wing (rather than Pier), with both a buffet and a la carte. Access is for OneWorld Emerald, and QRPC Platinum Cardholders.

The Bridge – If you are travelling in J, this is the lounge that QR/CX will automatically send you to. It is a large lounge, but well stocked and perfectly comfortable. In addition to J passengers, access is also for OneWorld Sapphire and QRPC Gold Cardholders. It is located close to Gate 40.

The Deck – One of the newer J lounges, J/OneWorld Sapphire/QRPC Gold Cardholders. It is located by Gate 16.
Print Wikipost

QR/CX to and from Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hello QR gurus, a couple of questions if I may, Ive had a good trawl around but can’t seem to find the right answer.

Flying HKG-DOH-SOF (Sofia, Bulgaria) on the 1.20am flight, in Y. I’m OWE. Looks like all the exit/bulkhead seats are blocked on the seat map and expert flyer (and I’ve got seat alerts set up). Rang QR and the agent said can allocate ‘at the airport’.

So:
1) Can I use the ‘In Town Check In’ at Hong Kong Express Station to allocate me a nice legroom seat?
2) When is the check in desk physically open for QR at HK station? And could I do this something like 30-36 hours before the flight?
3) or do they open up at OLCI, and when does OLCI open??

I work not too far from HK station, so could pop over during the day. Thanks all!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Originally Posted by Fly_By_Wire
Hello QR gurus, a couple of questions if I may, Ive had a good trawl around but can’t seem to find the right answer.

Flying HKG-DOH-SOF (Sofia, Bulgaria) on the 1.20am flight, in Y. I’m OWE. Looks like all the exit/bulkhead seats are blocked on the seat map and expert flyer (and I’ve got seat alerts set up). Rang QR and the agent said can allocate ‘at the airport’.

So:
1) Can I use the ‘In Town Check In’ at Hong Kong Express Station to allocate me a nice legroom seat?
2) When is the check in desk physically open for QR at HK station? And could I do this something like 30-36 hours before the flight?
3) or do they open up at OLCI, and when does OLCI open??

I work not too far from HK station, so could pop over during the day. Thanks all!
The last time I went to the Central Station (in-town check-in) in June 2018, there was a sign there and I was informed by the staff that the QR desk would only open at 1335h for that day's flights, not earlier. This seems to have been confirmed by 2 other readers on a separate thread. OLCI opens at about 48 hours before the flight departure time. Hope that helps.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:06 pm

Ok, thanks for the info
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:53 am

Quick update/datapoint.

Toddled down to Hong Kong Station at about 2pm to ask about the 1.20am flight for the day after the day after (ie c36 hours ahead).

OLCI already done, and sign did indeed say 13.35 for check in desk open (really odd time,no?).

Anyway, asked for a bulkhead/exit, initially it was a no (something about flight not open, try again tomorrow). So politely asked the agent to ring the supervisor, and within 30 secs a bulkhead was released on both HKG-DOH and DOH-SOF.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
If I am travelling with Hand Luggage only and have CIOL and printed my boarding passes, can I just go through departures at any time I want?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
If I am travelling with Hand Luggage only and have CIOL and printed my boarding passes, can I just go through departures at any time I want?
Yes, as long as it is on the day of the flight.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by 1010101
Yes, as long as it is on the day of the flight.
Brilliant thanks for the response. Yes same day as the flight just 6 hours before.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I am booked on the codeshare QR/CX DOH-HKG on a CX ticket, how do I get the QR PNR please?

QR does not recognise the CX PNR so I can't choose seats.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
I am booked on the codeshare QR/CX DOH-HKG on a CX ticket, how do I get the QR PNR please?

You can probably call them up on the phone.
last summer, I went to the QR ticket office at HIA and asked them.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VH-RMD

You should be able to get it off the CheckMyTrip app too.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
You should be able to get it off the CheckMyTrip app too.
I tried that without success.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Is your QRPC number in the booking? If so try logging into manage booking using your QRPC number and it should show all your bookings. Hopefully including this one!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Is your QRPC number in the booking? If so try logging into manage booking using your QRPC number and it should show all your bookings. Hopefully including this one!
No because I stopped using QRPC and went back to QFF a couple of years ago.

I rang QR and a very helpful gent gave me the QR PNR, seats all sorted.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Hello, I am booked on QR815 departing at 0050. When is the earliest I can check-in a bag? Would it be possible to check in my bag when the counter opens for the earlier flight departing at 1840? Or would it be possible at the airport express bag drop counter?

Thanks in advance. Was unable to find a definitive response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.