Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to First Class b/c it's our honeymoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to First Class b/c it's our honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by brfilora
Hmmm, how do I check the load factor??"
You can get a free 5 day subscription to ExpertFlyer (www.expertflyer.com) or post your flight numbers and I or someone else could look it up for you.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:44 am

Just a second. Is it legal to get the actual loading information ? I believe that the airline will not voluntary give out such info.

As for the main topic. No free upgrades possible unless overbooking in place.

Upgrades on departure with qmiles or qcredits possible from certain airports subject to seat availability.

Standard cash upgrades possible only per leg - whole outbound or whole inbound.

Special online upgrade offer is launched a few times a year and they allow to upgrade to J or F on a certain flight it could 1 segment out of 4 only. The prices are very good - like 500 pounds LON-DOH and you get additional luggage allowance for the whole OB and IB as per business class. You also get lounge access.

As for other perks for honey moon or birhday - ask for a cake
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Qr 722
qr 822

qr 833
qr 721

thank you!!!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by brfilora
Qr 722
qr 822

qr 833
qr 721

thank you!!!
I take it the first flight is on the 21st, what are the dates for the return:
QR 722
ORD 21/03/15 20:25
DOH 22/03/15 17:40
77W
J3 C2 D2 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 T4 O0

QR 822
DOH 22/03/15 21:00
BKK 23/03/15 7:10
77W
J3 C2 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 T9 O5

The bold fare classes show the business seats that QR is willing to sell. To upgrade the entire flight the "cheapest" fare bucket is C and there are only 2 seats available. It will be expensive to upgrade an economy ticket to those seats.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:40 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by munichmarcus
So you are in Economy and want to get upgraded into First, fly on the cheapest ticket and have no status!
Basically they will laugh to you about it! Maybe you could score a upgrade to Business, if the plane is overbooked in coach. You can always ask nicely, ask what it would be to upgrade for a bit of cash.
So if they would complimentary upgrade people on honeymoon or on birthdays, Premium classes would be full with non revenue guests.

Rather think and prepare about sitting in that tight seat for the 20 hrs. of your flight, each way!
+1

Congrats on your wedding OP

But.....many people get married and go on honeymoons, not sure why you think this event entitles you to freebies. My wife and I flew business / first on our HM, but paid for it using miles.

As others have noted, I guess it does not hurt to ask.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Don't get your hopes up about an upgrade as you'll be so disappointed if you have to sit in long haul economy.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
We had been upgraded at gate for our FCO -DBX honeymoon flight with Emirates, in 2010
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:43 pm

Have friends who showed up at the airport in wedding gown, they came straight from their wedding, and they got upgraded to Biz class all the way thru their journey. Personally I will not try because I do not want to look stupid if it does not pull the trick, but you are more than welcomed to try.

IMHO, I think that if you would like to fly in Biz class because you know it is your special occasion, you should pay for it to ensure that you will enjoy the experience. We bought the biz class ticket for our honeymoon trip as well. If you are willing to pay for 5 stars suite in the hotel, why won't you pay for 5 stars biz class experience on a flight.
C17PSGR and NoY like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Amame
Have friends who showed up at the airport in wedding gown, they came straight from their wedding, and they got upgraded to Biz class all the way thru their journey. Personally I will not try because I do not want to look stupid if it does not pull the trick, but you are more than welcomed to try.
And just how stupid/unhappy would you look squashed into 32E in the wedding dress Not saying you'd look a picture of sobriety and elegance in the business-class cabin n a wedding dress: but easier to change into mufti in the C lavs.

If the OP's successful in gaining an upgrade, I forecast an awful lot of couples travelling together will present themselves dreamy-eyed at the check-in desk. But perhaps not in wedding gear.
orbitmic and Kölner like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
And just how stupid/unhappy would you look squashed into 32E in the wedding dress Not saying you'd look a picture of sobriety and elegance in the business-class cabin n a wedding dress: but easier to change into mufti in the C lavs.

If the OP's successful in gaining an upgrade, I forecast an awful lot of couples travelling together will present themselves dreamy-eyed at the check-in desk. But perhaps not in wedding gear.
Pretty sure the OP will have had/not had the upgrade by now! The OP was in 2015.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
IMO and TBH QR J is worth paying for.
My experience last month 10/10 .
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: QR Plat
Hm. Weird. Scanned the whole thread. Didn't find the words "teeth" nor "hen". Very odd.

-A

Last edited by ph-ndr; Dec 15, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by DatBoi
IMO and TBH QR J is worth paying for.
My experience last month 10/10 .
If I recall some of your previous posts, you're 14 years old and have travelled with QR once. Not exactly a representative or in depth sample.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.