Premium lane in BKK?

Old Feb 9, 15, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Premium lane in BKK?

Does any one knows if business class passengers get premium immigration lanes in Bangkok for flying business class? I know that from experience Emirates does but I was curious if Qatar Airways does that too or if I should request a premium lane service in advance.

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 15, 12:48 am

In October, a voucher was handed out on disembarkation. The fast-track lanes are (only!) in the middle one of the three immigration halls.
Old Feb 9, 15, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Did the voucher look something like this?

Old Feb 9, 15, 7:16 am

Programs: The Embassy
I've found them a bit hit and miss, but they use the same voucher for outgoing security screening premium lane - I've skipped that a couple of times to make sure I have a spare voucher
Old Apr 11, 15, 10:01 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
When arriving at 5am in the morning and departing 1am in the night is there normally a big queue at immigration respectively departure security?

If yes would you recommend buying the Premium Lage Pass online or using the BSF Service?

It appears that vouchers are not always handed out from the crew or when leaving the pane.

Thank you
Old Apr 12, 15, 2:43 pm

I always keep a spare in my passport holder; they use the same ones for going through security outbound as they do for immigration inbound, so if it's not too busy outbound, I'll do normal security and hold on to the voucher. Usually they have a stewardess outside the plan looking at boarding passes and giving them out, but they forget enough that I keep my stash!
Old Apr 12, 15, 9:05 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I remember my very first QR flight was the BKK - HAN tag. When I checked in at BKK (flying Y with no status) they gave me a fast-track immigration pass. I was pretty much hooked from then on
Old Apr 13, 15, 10:27 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by purple1addict View Post
I remember my very first QR flight was the BKK - HAN tag. When I checked in at BKK (flying Y with no status) they gave me a fast-track immigration pass. I was pretty much hooked from then on
How...
Old Apr 14, 15, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by QRisthebest View Post
How...
No idea how - I certainly didn't ask for it, as I didn't even know the fast-track existed back then!

Maybe I arrived a little late and security was busy (doubtful though, as I am normally borderline obsessively early for my flights… ), or maybe they gave it to me by mistake, or maybe back then everyone got one - dunno!
Old Apr 14, 15, 2:31 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
I would choose to believe everyone got priority, just like prioirty boarding on Cathay...lol
Old Apr 14, 15, 3:07 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat, WY Silver, IB Plata
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel View Post
I always keep a spare in my passport holder; they use the same ones for going through security outbound as they do for immigration inbound, so if it's not too busy outbound, I'll do normal security and hold on to the voucher. Usually they have a stewardess outside the plan looking at boarding passes and giving them out, but they forget enough that I keep my stash!
I had the same idea as you but never did as Fast track vouchers at BKK have a date stamp on them and should be only valid for that date. How did you manage to use them another day ?
Old Apr 14, 15, 4:54 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
I had the same idea as you but never did as Fast track vouchers at BKK have a date stamp on them and should be only valid for that date. How did you manage to use them another day ?
I've not flown to BKK on QR yet, but BA and SQ don't usually date stamp theirs, at least for arrival, so I keep those as spares.

IME, if you don't offer the voucher up at arrivals immigration, the officer rarely insists on taking them. I usually just flash the voucher and put the passport on the desk, more often than not they don't ask to take the voucher and I add it to my stash for the occasional Y class arrival if I'm flying intra-Asia rather than LH. Haven't been to BKK for about a year though, so possible things have changed.
Old Apr 14, 15, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
They don't bother stamping the date (although always the logo), and immigration don't bother checking, afaict - I always use the old one even if I get a new one.
Old Apr 14, 15, 1:40 pm

@purple1addict: I had the same experience on my first QR flight ever in Nov 2013. Flying back from BKK to DOH my friend and I who had absolutely no status back then got both a Premium Lane voucher upon check-in. In the middle of 2014 when I was already QR silver, only I got a voucher upon check-in but not my father, who had no status. I asked if we could get a second one because otherwise my voucher would be worthless as I would have to wait for my father. The check-in agent told me that this would be impossible as they have very strict rules on these vouchers and they keep record of every voucher issued *lol*.
Old Apr 14, 15, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by giveupdestiny View Post
@purple1addict: I had the same experience on my first QR flight ever in Nov 2013. Flying back from BKK to DOH my friend and I who had absolutely no status back then got both a Premium Lane voucher upon check-in. In the middle of 2014 when I was already QR silver, only I got a voucher upon check-in but not my father, who had no status. I asked if we could get a second one because otherwise my voucher would be worthless as I would have to wait for my father. The check-in agent told me that this would be impossible as they have very strict rules on these vouchers and they keep record of every voucher issued *lol*.
Haha - how funny - I guess there must have been a policy change between your two flights then! Either that or they're out to impress the newbies

Also, does anyone know if the vouchers are specific to each airport (if unstamped)? I ask as I have a collection of fast-track passes given to me on arrival at LHR, which I've never used as the e-gate is quicker. Could I in theory use the passes at BKK instead...?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: