Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Possibly a change of aircraft coming for HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

CX stops offering PE for Qatar flights. Would they be offering regional products on its flight to Qatar? Does this mean that QR also gets to changes the plane to HKG?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
CX has no aircraft suitable for this route at all. They operate to DOH mainly to connect QR flights to Europe as an option for their customers. However, no one tends to buy W because you will 100% be downgraded to Y on the QR leg, which means people end up buying J or Y forcing CX to upgrade status holders in Y to W all the time.

Can't understand why CX desired this route so much that they took over QR's slot as a condition for QR to join OW

I really have no idea what CX will do next...but I would expect QR to fly A359 to HKG once they have received more deliveries.

Last edited by TheDinge; Jan 17, 2015 at 9:29 am
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

I think they want to take a share of QR flights to Spain, MAD and BCN which are very popular with the chinese.

The HKG-DOH route tends to be overbooked in both directions. Flew one round trip and overbooked. Chatted with a taiwanese next to me and he told me, the CX flight is always overbooked. He flies this route 4 times a year and always upgraded from W to J on CX. So I think the demand and yield are there. Just need the right aircraft.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:45 pm

I've long thought once the A359 arrives somewhere in Asia HKG will get one of the then redundant 788s. QR938 to SIN has very similar flight times to QR816 to HKG, so if the A350 arrives on QR938 I'd expect/hope the old 787 assigned to that flight can move seamlessly to the QR816.

Having an A350 on the HKG flight would be a fairly large uplift on the A330-200s currently flying it.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Funny enough CX is planning to fly to BCN...

QR has announced SIN to be the next A350 destination. Don't think its going to be a B787 because it's capacity is actually lower than A332 and QR815 isn't empty at all. I would rather say B777

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.