Community
Wiki Posts
Search

turndown service (J 777) not offered?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

turndown service (J 777) not offered?

Last I flew QR DOH-USA in J, the FA asked to make (and then did make) the bed. More recently, my wife was on such a flight. She says no FA made any move, so she made the bed herself (an FA saw her doing it and did not react). Has this aspect of the J service been downgraded?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Had it done for me in December and earlier this month.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Is the "service" done on all QR flights or just certain routes ? In J class
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Officially there is no turndown service as such, but they will sometimes offer it. Otherwise, just ask. I can't see them refusing to do so.

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Is the "service" done on all QR flights or just certain routes ? In J class
Well, only on ultra long haul where the mattress pad thing is offered. However, I have had shorter flights where crew didn't have the mattress, place an extra blanket for me to sleep on.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freddo
Officially there is no turndown service as such, but they will sometimes offer it. Otherwise, just ask. I can't see them refusing to do so.
If there is no official service, why should I ask? And why should they say yes? I can think of many other "unofficial" services one might ask of the FAs.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Well, only on ultra long haul where the mattress pad thing is offered. However, I have had shorter flights where crew didn't have the mattress, place an extra blanket for me to sleep on.
What does "ultra" long haul mean ?
Does PER-DOH (11 hours) qualify ?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
If there is no official service, why should I ask? And why should they say yes? I can think of many other "unofficial" services one might ask of the FAs.
Simply because, as a few CSDs have mentioned to me, they are eager to please, especially guests in business. From the mouth of one CSD recently from BRU-DOH," we offer anything we can to make your journey as comfortable as possible. Can I make your bed while you change into your pyjamas?" But at other times, I've had to ask for assistance. Hence it isn't consistent but I have never been refused when I requested.

I can't see myself requesting turndown on UA though. Two very different airlines. They'd prolly laugh.

QR is an airline where you can dine upon request in business, have a main from breakfast but a starter from dinner, coupled with cereals.

They don't write it anywhere that there is a turndown service, but I can assure you if you ask they are more than happy to do so. Take this from someone who flies QR at least twice a month in J.

Last edited by freddo; Jan 17, 2015 at 3:31 pm
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar
I'm not sure, Nizar. I know my regular DOH-North America flights have them, but not DOH-EU or DOH-Asia flights.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:15 am

I'm not sure, Nizar. I know my regular DOH-North America flights have them, but not DOH-EU or DOH-Asia flights.
That's a little disappointing re. asia routes. I've got a 12 hr NRT to DOH coming up and hoping they would do that. TBH, that's a real luxury! I'm more concerned that they provide a mattress? Do they do that across the fleet? My only experience is with the A319 all Business. The 777 to BKK and A330 from PHK & the A340 horror show didn't.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wavery83
That's a little disappointing re. asia routes. I've got a 12 hr NRT to DOH coming up and hoping they would do that. TBH, that's a real luxury! I'm more concerned that they provide a mattress? Do they do that across the fleet? My only experience is with the A319 all Business. The 777 to BKK and A330 from PHK & the A340 horror show didn't.
The A380 DOH-BKK last week had mattresses located in the side bins. The crew didn't offer to make up the bed so I made up my own, turned a comfy seat into a very comfy bed.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nizar
PER-DOH is considered ultra long haul and has the mattress.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I always ask for the bed to be made up as soon as I board and only once in 30 or so flights have they said that they didn't have the mattress pad on that route (SIN-DOH) however I asked them to look into it, and miraculously they found a spare one. I usually change into the PJ's as soon as the seat-belt signs go off, and the bed is usually made by the time I return to my seat. I cannot fault QR for this service at all, and only wish that more airlines offered seat protectors, to prevent me having to sleep on a seat that has been used by umpteen people before me, without being washed.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
No turndown service offered on 4 long-haul flights last week.....JFK-DOH-JNB-DOH-JFK.

I was happy to make my own bed....and my guess is that the FA's would have made the bed if I requested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.