Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Nroeberg welcome to the QR forum. By the end of this year you should be able to find answers to this sort of problem on the dashboard. There are many questions you can already find answers to already.

I do not think it is usual that two different upgrade offers are made for a single flight. A possible exception was noted several months ago. I would not count on their being a second offer.

Have you investigated the cost of purchasing an upgrade for that sector yourself?
Thank you for the responses! I looked online using the change date feature and it would have been $3800 USD. I also called and they offered to upgrade all 4 of my legs for $3200 USD. But I don't want to pay for F from DOH-AUH for a flight that is less than one hour. I'm only interested in upgrading the IAD-DOH portions to get the lie flat seat.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:27 pm

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and purchased the upgrade for 1300 USD. Seems like a lot, but I'll be happy around hour 7 on the plane, with 5+ hours left in the flight! What I neglected to mention (I think) in my initial question was that the offer came with an expiration date of 11 Jan, even though my flight isn't until 18 Jan. So I was wondering if there might be a second offer after the expiration if not enough people took it. I'm hoping at least they do a second offer to a different group of people as my traveling companion did not get the offer and I'd like for her to be able to sit with me!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:30 am

I took my first QR flight two weeks ago, holiday to Thailand. I've just received one of these upgrade emails, offering me the chance to upgrade the Doha to LHR leg for £620 to business. I don't see it as good value given I've got a pretty decent seat in economy, pretty much at the front of the aircraft.

Before leaving the UK I signed up to their frequent flyer programme. On the DOH to BKK leg I was upgraded to J. Totally unexpected but they did say the flight was full to the brim and members were being bumped up. So I was really lucky. The service was excellent but I just wanted to sleep so didn't get to fully appreciate it but what I did I was really, very much impressed with.

The email came in a while ago, flight is just over two days away. Worth calling them to see if it can be bettered? Thanks.

Last edited by Btblue; Feb 5, 2017 at 12:31 am Reason: Error
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is your flight during the day or night? What flight number? If its during the night, then its not worth it as most people sleep. If you're going to be paying £620, then you want to experience the full service.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Btblue

The email came in a while ago, flight is just over two days away. Worth calling them to see if it can be bettered? Thanks.
They are already offering it at a "discounted" price, they will not improve the offer. You can however ask them what the fare difference is for comparison's sake, on occasion this can be cheaper than the offer you are sent via email.

Worth also noting offers will have already been made to other pax and there is a limited number, so if you received the email some time ago you may no longer be able to take up the offer.

Last edited by obduro; Feb 5, 2017 at 5:59 pm
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Looking for the input of the QR collective. I have a flight booked in Y and received an online offer upgrade. Question is whether I would get the original or upgraded TP's awarded to my BAEC account.

Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zat_dude
Looking for the input of the QR collective. I have a flight booked in Y and received an online offer upgrade. Question is whether I would get the original or upgraded TP's awarded to my BAEC account.

Thanks.
Original only And no access to QR lounge either - and no extra luggage allowance. Not worth £870 if you ask me (that was the offer I received LHR-DOH anyway!).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by purple1addict

Original only And no access to QR lounge either - and no extra luggage allowance. Not worth £870 if you ask me (that was the offer I received LHR-DOH anyway!).
If you book an award J flight or upgrade to J from y using credits do you get access to the LHR lounge?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:26 am

Thanks.
Generally it won't work, although on occasion it may work in error. I've had a trip where I upgraded both ways and going out I did get the additional TP but coming back I didn't.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by purple1addict

Thanks and agreed - my offer is £964!

Perhaps we are too comfortable with BA awarding upgraded TP/Avios
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond

Thanks and agreed - my offer is £964!
Ouch!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
If you book an award J flight or upgrade to J from y using credits do you get access to the LHR lounge?
AFAIK, lounge access is determined by the original booking class. If you're booked in J, regardless of how you paid for it, you're a J pax with lounge access, extra baggage allowance and all other privileges. If you've upgraded to J (again, regardless of how you paid for it), you don't get lounge access, extra baggage allowance or extra points.

The price for paid UGs has gone up lately, while benefits reduced (no more lounge access). Everyone can decide for themselves if it's worth it or not. I did take the offer 3 or 4 times, but they've effectively priced me out of this game.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:55 pm

oddball upgrade offer

Kuwait to Doha USD 486 (1.5 hours)

Doha to Windhoek USD 406 (9.5 hours)

of course they are not offering a Qmile upgrade online

I would pay the $406 but I have a few 100,000 near useless Qmiles I want to burn at the kiosk in Doha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.